手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 暮光之城暮色 > 正文

有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第4期:卡车

来源:可可英语 编辑:Echo   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Well, Billy's done a lot of work on the engine, it's only a few years old, really.

哦,比利已经在发动机上下了大力气了——才几年的车,真的。
I hoped he did not think so little of me as to believe I would give up that easily.
我希望他别太小瞧我了,以为我这么轻易就可以打发。
When did he buy it?
他什么时候买的?
He bought it in 1984, I think.
1984年买的,我想是。
Did he buy it new?
他是买的新车吗?
Well, no. I think it was new in the early sixties or late fifties at the earliest, he admitted sheepishly.
“哦,不是新车。我想是65年以前的新车——最早也是55年以后的,”他不好意思地承认道。
Ch-Dad, I do not really know anything about cars.
查——爸爸,车我可真是一窍不通哟。
I would not be able to fix it if anything went wrong, and I could not afford a mechanic.
要是出了什么毛病,我自己可不会修,请人修吧,我又请不起。
Really, Bella, the thing runs great.
真的,贝拉,那家伙棒着呢。
They do not build them like that anymore.
现在再也没人能生产这样的车了。

暮光之城 暮色

The thing, I thought to myself, it had possibilities as a nickname, at the very least.

那家伙,我思忖道 ……可能有好几种意思——最起码,也是个绰号。
How cheap is cheap?
多便宜算便宜啊?
After all, that was the part I could not compromise on.
说到底,这才是我不能妥协的地方。
Well, honey, I kind of already bought it for you.
噢,宝贝,可以说我已经给你买下了。
As a homecoming gift.
作为欢迎你回家的礼物。
Charlie peeked sideways at me with a hopeful expression.
查理满怀希望地从眼角偷偷瞥了我一眼。
Wow, Free.
哈,免费。
You did not need to do that, Dad.
您不必这样破费的,爸爸。
I was going to buy myself a car.
我本打算自己买一辆的。
I do not mind.
我不介意。
I want you to be happy here.
我想让你在这儿过得高兴。
He was looking ahead at the road when he said this.
说这话的时候,他两眼盯着前面的路。
Charlie was not comfortable with expressing his emotions out loud.
查理不习惯大声表达自己的感情。
I inherited that from him.
在这点上,我完全继承了他。
So I was looking straight ahead as I responded.
所以我回话的时候,也是两眼盯着正前方。
That's really nice, Dad, Thanks. I really appreciate it.
那样真的太好了,爸爸。谢谢啦。我真的很感激。
No need to add that my being happy in Forks is an impossibility.
没有必要再来一句:我在福克斯会感到高兴那是不可能的事情。
He did not need to suffer along with me.
他不必跟我一起遭罪。
And I never looked a free truck in the mouth or engine.
再说,馈赠之马莫看牙——我这白捡的卡车又哪能嫌它的发动机差呢?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
mechanic [mi'kænik]

想一想再看

adj. 手工的
n. 技工,机修工

 
impossibility [im.pɔsə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 不可能之事,不可能,不可能性

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
compromise ['kɔmprəmaiz]

想一想再看

n. 妥协,折衷,折衷案
vt. 妥协处理,危

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。