Leo:Where have you been?
利奥:你去哪里了?
Mai:I've been meeting with an agent. You know I've wanted to pursue a career in acting for a long time, but today I actually met with a real agent. She thinks I have potential.
麦:我一直在和经纪人见面。我一直在追求能从事很长时间的演艺事业,直到今天我才遇到一位真正的经纪人。她认为我有潜力成名。
Leo:Is she going to sign you?
利奥:她想跟你签约吗?
Mai:She might. She suggested a few improvements that are going to make me more salable as an actress.
麦:可能吧。她建议我进一步完善自己,这样作为一名女演员才更有出路。
Leo:What did she suggest?
利奥:她给了你什么建议?
Mai:Well, she thought I should get some hair extensions to make my hair look longer and fuller.
麦:她认为我应该去结头发,这样我的头发就看起来又长又密。
Leo:There's nothing wrong with your hair.
利奥:你的头发没什么不好啊。
Mai:Well, she thought it could use some sprucing up. She also recommended getting my teeth capped. At the very least, she said I should have teeth whitening done.
麦:但是她认为需要装饰一番。她还推荐我带牙套。她说我至少应该去做牙齿美白。
Leo:Your teeth look nice and natural. There's nothing wrong with them.
利奥:你的牙齿很美很自然。它们没有问题。
Mai:She also suggested getting a spray tan, so I'd look healthier.
麦:她还建议我去喷雾晒肤,那样我就看起来更健康。
Leo:You already look healthy. Is she crazy?
利奥:你看起来已经很健康了。她是不是疯了?
Mai:No, I think she's giving me good constructive criticism. I want to make myself as salable as possible.
麦:不,我觉得她给的批评很有建设性。我想让我的星途尽可能顺畅。
Leo:It sounds like she wants to stamp out all of your individuality and turn you into a clone of every other actress out there.
利奥:听起来她想消灭你所有的个性,把你变成其它演员的复制品。
Mai:I was thinking of taking her advice. I want to be salable.
麦:我在考虑要不要听取她的意见。我想火起来。
Leo:You're a person, not a piece of meat. Salable, schmalable! Don't you even think about it!
利奥:你是人,不是砧板上的一块肉。火起来,简直是胡扯!你想都别想!