手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 国外媒体资讯 > 时差N小时 > 正文

时差N小时:书呆子 Lazy boy in the class(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Feifei:It seems you were an awful student.

飞飞:看来你是个差生。
Diarmuid:Well, it's true I was never a swot.
戴拉蒙德:嗯,这是真的,我从来就不是swot。
Feifei:A what?
飞飞:一个什么?
Diarmuid:A swot. S.W.O.T. Swot.Can you guess what it means?
戴拉蒙德:一个swot。你能猜出它的意思吗?
Feifei:Well, since you say you were not a swot and you got very bad grades at school, I would say that a swot is a very good student.
飞飞:嗯,既然你说你不是一个swot,而你在学校的成绩又非常糟糕,所以我猜swot代表的是非常好的学生。
Diarmuid:You're right.
戴拉蒙德:完全正确。

A swot is a student who spends all their time studying, or swotting.

Swot指的是一个把所有的时间用于学习学生。
Being a swot usually means that other students don't like you. Example
成为这样的人通常意味着其他学生不会喜欢你。下面就是例子。
A:Look at this old photo of our class at school.
A:看这张在学校我们班级的老照片。
B:Oh yes, there's Simon Studious. He was such a swot. I wonder whatever happened to him.
B:哦,是的,这是好学生西蒙。他真是个学霸。我想知道他身上发生过什么。
A:I heard he started his own software company; he's a multi-millionaire now.
我听说他开了自己的软件公司,他现在可是个百万富翁。
B:Oh. Wish I'd worked a bit harder then.
B:哦。真后悔当初我没好好用功。
Diarmuid:But you don't have to be a student to use this word.
戴拉蒙德:但你不必成为一个学生来使用这个词。
We can use the verb form – to swot up – to mean learn more about anything.
我们可以使用其动词形式—意思是刻苦攻读,意味着学习更多关于任何东西。
Feifei:So I could say I'm going to swot up on laptops because I want to buy a new computer.
飞飞:所以我可以说我要研究笔记本电脑,因为我想买一台新电脑。
Diarmuid:You certainly could.
戴拉蒙德:你当然可以。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。