手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科技篇 > 正文

TED演讲(MP3+双语字幕) 第4期:微软虚拟地球之旅(1)

来源:网易 编辑:wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

What I want to talk to you about today is

我今天想要谈的是
virtual worlds, digital globes, the 3-D Web, the Metaverse.
虚拟世界,数字地球,三维网络和网络虚拟实境.
What does this all mean for us?
这些东西对于我们意味着什么?
What it means is the Web is going to become an exciting place again.
这意味着网络又将变成一个令人激动的地方.
It's going to become super exciting as we transform
让我们非常兴奋的是随着我们加入这个
to this highly immersive and interactive world.
身临其境和高度交互的世界,
With graphics, computing power, low latencies,
这个拥有各种图形,高计算能力和低延迟的世界.
these types of applications and possibilities
这类的应用程序和它创造的可能性
are going to stream rich data into your lives.
将把丰富的数据流带进你的生活.
So the Virtual Earth initiative, and other types of these initiatives,
所以,虚拟地球的出现, 或者其它这种类型的程序的出现,
are all about extending our current search metaphor.
都是关于扩展我们当前的搜索方法的.
When you think about it, we're so constrained by browsing the Web,
思考一下,我们在浏览网络时总是被限制着.
remembering URLs, saving favorites.
记网址,保存到"我的最爱".
As we move to search, we rely on the relevance rankings,
当搜索出现后,我们依赖于
the Web matching, the index crawling.
相关性排名,网络匹配和索引检索.
But we want to use our brain!
但我们要用我们的大脑!
We want to navigate, explore, discover information.
我们要自己去航行,探索和发现信息.
In order to do that, we have to put you as a user back in the driver's seat.
为了这样做,我们必须把用户放回驾驶员的座位上.
We need cooperation between you and the computing network and the computer.
我们需要你与网络和计算机之间的合作.
So what better way to put you back in the driver's seat
有什么更好的方法比把你放在驾驶员的座位上
than to put you in the real world that you interact in every day?
把你放在每天都接触的真实世界里还要好呢?
Why not leverage the learnings that you've been learning your entire life?
为什么不去利用你在生活中学过的知识呢?
So Virtual Earth is about starting off
所以,虚拟地球是关于
creating the first digital representation, comprehensive, of the entire world.
创造第一个数字表达的,综合的世界.
What we want to do is mix in all types of data.
我们要做的是混合所有类型的数据.
Tag it. Attribute it. Metadata. Get the community to add local depth,
给它做上标记,加上属性和元数据. 理解本地社区并加上本地内容
global perspective, local knowledge. --
全球的视角, 本地的知识.
So when you think about this problem,
那么,当你思考这个问题的时候,
what an enormous undertaking. Where do you begin?
这是多么大的一个任务. 你想, 从哪儿着手做呢?
Well, we collect data from satellites, from airplanes,
我们通过卫星,飞机
from ground vehicles, from people.
地面车辆和人来采集数据.
This process is an engineering problem,
这是我们的方法, 你知道, 这是一个工程问题.
a mechanical problem, a logistical problem, an operational problem.
一个机械问题, 一个逻辑问题和一个运营问题.
Here is an example of our aerial camera.
这是航空摄像机的一个例子.
This is panchromatic. It's actually four color cones.
这是一个全色相机. 它其实有四个彩色锥体.
In addition, it's multi-spectral.
另外, 它是多光谱的.
We collect four gigabits per second of data,
我们每秒种可以采集到4GB的数据,
if you can imagine that kind of data stream coming down.
如果你能想像这种数据流传输下来,
That's equivalent to a constellation of 12 satellites at highest res capacity.
那相当于一个12个卫星的星座用最高清分辨率拍摄的数据量.
We fly these airplanes at 5,000 feet in the air.
我们驾驶这些飞机到5000英尺的高空;
You can see the camera on the front. We collect multiple viewpoints,
你可以看到前置摄像机. 我们选择
vantage points, angles, textures. We bring all that data back in.
多视点, 有利位置, 角度, 结构. 我们把数据带回来.
We sit here -- you know, think about the ground vehicles, the human scale --
我们坐在这儿 -- 你知道, 关于地面车辆和人的比例.
what do you see in person? We need to capture that up close
你自己看到了什么? 我们需要近距离捕捉他们来建立一种
to establish that what it's like-type experience.
逼真的体验.
I bet many of you have seen the Apple commercials,
我想你们大多数人都看过Apple商业展广告,
kind of poking at the PC for their brilliance and simplicity.
有点嘲笑PC电脑来表现出他们的简洁和光辉.

重点单词   查看全部解释    
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推论

联想记忆
constrained [kən'streind]

想一想再看

adj. 被强迫的;不舒服的;拘泥的 v. 强迫;驱使;

 
metaphor ['metəfə]

想一想再看

n. 隐喻,暗喻

联想记忆
equivalent [i'kwivələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 等价的,相等的
n. 相等物

联想记忆
attribute [ə'tribju:t,'ætribju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 把 ... 归于
n. 属性,特征,标

联想记忆
mechanical [mi'kænikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 机械的,力学的,呆板的
n. (供制

 
comprehensive [.kɔmpri'hensiv]

想一想再看

adj. 综合的,广泛的,理解的

联想记忆
stream [stri:m]

想一想再看

n. (人,车,气)流,水流,组
v. 流动,

 
multiple ['mʌltipl]

想一想再看

adj. 许多,多种多样的
n. 倍数,并联

联想记忆
network ['netwə:k]

想一想再看

n. 网络,网状物,网状系统
vt. (

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。