手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲 > 正文

Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲(MP3+中英字幕) 第4期:推特的诞生

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So, just random contract jobs until

所以,我一直在打零工
I discovered this company called Odeo,
直到我找到了一家叫奥德奥的公司
which was run by Evan Williams.
它是埃文·威廉姆斯经营的
Biz Stone was joining in a few months.
比孜·斯通几个月后也加入了进来
It was a consumer podcasting company.
这是个消费者播客公司
I had never written a resume before.
我从没有写过简历
I had no interest in podcasting whatsoever.
我对播客没有兴趣
But I was a really good programmer and I wanted
但我是个很好的程序设计师
to understand the consumer side of the Internet.
我想了解互联网关于消费者的一面
A lot of what I was doing was in the back end.
我做的事情大多在幕后
While it would touch my mom and her life,
不过却可以接触到我的母亲和她的生活
it would be so in an indirect way.
这是一种间接性接触
My mom may take a taxicab in New York City
我母亲可能会在纽约城里坐出租车
and may touch my software
这就可能会接触到我的软件
or buy a ticket to Alcatraz and may touch my software.
或是买票去阿尔卡特拉兹时接触到我的软件
But it wasn't direct.
但它不是直接接触
I wanted to learn about being more direct in interaction.
我想学一些更多的直接互动的东西
So, I went to work with Ev and Biz.
所以我去和艾夫与比孜一起工作
I quickly learned that
我很快就了解到
no one else there enjoyed podcasting, either.
那里也没有人喜欢播客
So, no one was really excited to build the product or
所以,没人真正为造出产品或工具而感到兴奋
build the tool and they weren't consumers of the tool.
因为他们不是这个工具的消费者
So, we weren't building something that we loved to use.
所以我们做的东西不是我们喜欢用的东西
So, quite an interesting situation which
这种怪异的状况
allowed for other ideas to bubble up.
让很多其他想法冒了出来
In late 2005, early 2006,
在2005年末和2006年初
we all broke up into separate groups.
我们分开进入了不同的组
We were given an assignment to come up with
我们的任务是想出
an idea of something you'd like to work on.
自己想要做的项目
The first thing that came to my mind
我想到的第一个点子
was this idea back in 2000.
是在2000年的那个点子
But now in 2005-2006, we had the SMS.
不过现在已是2005年到2006年,我们有了短信服务
I could actually send
我可以把短信从辛格乐
an SMS message from Cingular to Verizon.
发到弗莱森电讯
That was very, very new to the United States.
这在美国也是特别新的技术
I was in love with the technology.
我非常喜欢这个技术
It degrades gracefully to every single device,
它几乎完美地适用于各种设备
even the cheapest devices.
即使是最便宜的设备也是如此
And it has this beautiful constraint of 160 characters.
而且一条短信最多只能有160个字
It doesn't really work all the time.
它并总是有效
It's really rough around the edges.
它总是艰难地在边缘徘徊
I love stuff like that.
我喜欢这样的东西
So, I brought up this idea,
所以我提出了这样的想法
"What if we could just use SMS? You could send what
如果我们只使用短信息会怎么样?
you're doing. It will go out in real time to all the
你可以发送你正在做的事,它会立即
people who are interested in hearing it. And then,
让每个有兴趣听的人都看到,接着
it would be archived on the Web. You could also enter
它会在网上存档,你还能再网上读到它
it from the Web and it would be device-agnostic.
而不需要设备支持
It would be a whole thing. It would be awesome."
它们会变成一个整体,特别棒
My two other people in the park,
我一起在公园中一个操场
we were on a playground,
里的两个人
said it was a good idea.
他们说这是个好想法
We presented it to the company. It took about a week.
我们将这个想法告诉公司,这花了一周的时间
But then, the company finally got behind it.
但之后公司终于支持它了
I was given two weeks and one other programmer
我和比兹·斯通手下的另一个程序设计师
in Biz Stone to write the software. And we did it.
得到了两周时间来编写软件
At the end of that two weeks, I wrote the first tweet,
两周结束的时候,我发出了第一条推特
which was inviting coworkers.
来邀请合作者
And then, all the Odeo coworkers came on; they loved it.
之后,奥德奥所有的合作者都来了
And little by little,
他们喜欢这个软件
we took from that company and
我们一点点地从那个公司学习
we bought them on the Twitter project
还为了推特工程将这些人招买过来
until we spun it out as a separate company
最后,我们把推特分了出来,成立了新的公司
and sold off Odeo.
然后出售了奥德奥
So, that's how that sort of visualization and early
所以,就是这种可视化和想看世界的
desire to see the world led into Twitter,
年少欲望导致了推特的出现
which is still a desire for me.
这依然是我的欲望
Now we have more and more people using it
现在世界上有更多的人
all over the world.
在使用推特
And it's even faster to see what's happening
在推特上甚至可以更快低看到
and what's unfolding in the world.
世界在发生着什么
But it really comes down to
但它确实可以归结为
that curiosity about what's happening right
对世界正在发生的事情的好奇心
now everywhere and really being
并且正在成为每个地方
the pulse of what's happening right
正在发生的事情的脉搏
now everywhere and
并且可以连接到
being able to point to every single medium.
每个独立的媒体

重点单词   查看全部解释    
curiosity [.kjuəri'ɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 好奇,好奇心

联想记忆
contract ['kɔntrækt,kən'trækt]

想一想再看

n. 合同,契约,婚约,合约
v. 订合同,缩

联想记忆
indirect [.indi'rekt]

想一想再看

adj. 间接的,迂回的,次要的,不坦率的,欺骗的

 
resume [ri'zju:m]

想一想再看

v. 再继续,重新开始
n. 简历,履历; 摘

联想记忆
assignment [ə'sainmənt]

想一想再看

n. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
bubble ['bʌbl]

想一想再看

n. 气泡,泡影
v. 起泡,冒泡

 
constraint [kən'streint]

想一想再看

n. 约束,强制,约束条件,对感情的压抑,虚情假意

联想记忆
gracefully

想一想再看

adv. 优雅地;温文地

 
inviting [in'vaitiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 吸引人的,诱人的 动词invite的现在分词

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。