手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科学篇 > 正文

TED演讲(MP3+双语字幕) 第24期:说服 让利他精神成为你的准则(4)

来源:网易 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

They have not been trained.

他们没接受过训练。
So do you need 50,000 hours of meditation? No, you don't.
你需要五万小时的冥想吗?不,不需要的。
Four weeks, 20 minutes a day, of caring, mindfulness meditation already brings a structural change in the brain compared to a control group.
与对照组相比,每天20分钟,持续4周的关爱、正念冥想训练会使大脑结构发生改变。
That's only 20 minutes a day for four weeks.
只需每天20分钟,持续四周。
Even with preschoolers -- Richard Davidson did that in Madison.
甚至幼儿园的孩子也能发生这样的改变, 理查德?戴维森在麦迪逊市做过实验。
An eight-week program: gratitude, loving- kindness, cooperation, mindful breathing.
八星期长的项目:感恩、关爱、合作与呼吸训练。
You would say, Oh, they're just preschoolers.
你会说,他们只是幼儿园的孩子啊。
Look after eight weeks,the pro-social behavior, that's the blue line.
八星期之后,亲社会的行为,是这根蓝色线。
And then comes the ultimate scientific test, the stickers test.
然后是终极的科学实验,贴纸测试。
Before, you determine for each child who is their best friend in the class,their least favorite child, an unknown child, and the sick child,and they have to give stickers away.
在训练前,确定每个孩子在班里最好的朋友,最不喜欢的伙伴,不认识的小孩, 还有生病的小孩,每个孩子都要把手中的贴纸分发出去。
So before the intervention, they give most of it to their best friend.
在训练介入之前,孩子手中的贴纸 大部分都给了最好的朋友。
Four, five years old, 20 minutes three times a week.
四五岁的孩子,一周三次, 一次20分钟的训练。
After the intervention, no more discrimination:
训练之后,不再有区别对待:
the same amount of stickers to their best friend and the least favorite child.
孩子手中的贴纸等同地分给了 他们最好的朋友和最不喜欢的朋友。
That's something we should do in all the schools in the world.
我们需要把这个培训带给全世界的学校。
Now where do we go from there?
我们接下来要怎么做?
When the Dalai Lama heard that, he told Richard Davidson,You go to 10 schools, 100 schools, the U.N., the whole world.
当达赖喇嘛听到了我的想法,他告诉理查德戴维森,从1个学校到10个,再到100个, 到联合国,到全世界。
So now where do we go from there?
我们接下来要怎么做?
Individual change is possible.
个人的变化是可能的。
Now do we have to wait for an altruistic gene to be in the human race?
我们还要等人类基因中出现利他基因吗?
That will take 50,000 years, too much for the environment.
这还需要五万年,环境等不了这么久。
Fortunately, there is the evolution of culture.
幸运的是,文化也可以进化。
Cultures, as specialists have shown, change faster than genes.
文化,正如学者们指出的, 要比基因变化快得多。
That's the good news.
这是好消息。
Look, attitude towards war has dramatically changed over the years.
你们看,相比过去, 人们对于战争的态度已发生了天翻地覆的变化。
So now individual change and cultural change mutually fashion each other,and yes, we can achieve a more altruistic society.
个人的变化与文化的变化相辅相成,没错,我们能实现利他社会。
So where do we go from there?
接下来要怎么做?
Myself, I will go back to the East.
我要回到东边,
Now we treat 100,000 patients a year in our projects.
目前我们的一个行动每年救助十万个患者。
We have 25,000 kids in school, four percent overhead.
我们的学校里有两万五千个孩子。
Some people say, Well, your stuff works in practice,but does it work in theory?
有些人说,你所做的一切在实践中可行,但有理论支持吗?
There's always positive deviance.
总是会有些偏差,
So I will also go back to my hermitage to find the inner resources to better serve others.
因此我常常独自一人思索,追寻我的内心,来更好的帮助他人。
But on the more global level, what can we do?
在全球范围内,我们能做些什么?
We need three things.
我们需要做好三件事。
Enhancing cooperation:
加强合作:
Cooperative learning in the school instead of competitive learning,
在学校里倡导合作式学习,而不是竞争式学习;
Unconditional cooperation within corporations there can be some competition between corporations, but not within.
在企业里鼓励无条件的合作,企业间可以有竞争,但不是企业内部。
We need sustainable harmony. I love this term.
我们需要持续的和谐,我喜欢这个词。
Not sustainable growth anymore.
不是持续的发展。
Sustainable harmony means now we will reduce inequality.
持续的和谐意味着消除不平等。
In the future, we do more with less,
未来,我们要以少及多,
and we continue to grow qualitatively, not quantitatively.
追求高质的发展,而不是高量的发展。
We need caring economics.
我们需要充满关爱的经济。
The Homo economicus cannot deal with poverty in the midst of plenty,
守旧的人无法解决贫富不均的问题,
cannot deal with the problem of the common goods of the atmosphere, of the oceans.
无法解决公共福利的问题,无法解决大气和海洋的问题。
We need a caring economics.
我们需要充满关爱的经济。
If you say economics should be compassionate,
如果你说经济应该充满关怀,
they say, That's not our job.
他们会说,这不关我的事。
But if you say they don't care, that looks bad.
你要告诉他们,如果他们不在乎, 看起来很糟。
We need local commitment, global responsibility.
我们不但要对周边履行承诺和责任, 还要着眼整个世界。
We need to extend altruism to the other 1.6 million species.
我们需要把利他精神 传播给其他一百六十万种生物。
Sentient beings are co-citizens in this world.
我们都是一家人。
and we need to dare altruism.
我们要敢于弘扬利他精神。
So, long live the altruistic revolution.
愿利他精神得以恩泽天下。
Viva la revoluci贸n de altruismo.
愿利他精神得以恩泽天下。
Thank you.
谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
cooperative [kəu'ɔpərətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 合作的,共同的
n. 合作社

 
species ['spi:ʃiz]

想一想再看

n. (单复同)物种,种类

 
harmony ['hɑ:məni]

想一想再看

n. 和弦,协调,和睦,调和

 
deviance ['di:viəs]

想一想再看

n. 异常;异常行为

 
discrimination [di.skrimi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 歧视,辨别力,识别

 
extend [iks'tend]

想一想再看

v. 扩充,延伸,伸展,扩展

联想记忆
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
determine [di'tə:min]

想一想再看

v. 决定,决心,确定,测定

联想记忆
altruistic [,æltru'istik]

想一想再看

adj. 利他的;无私心的

 
ultimate ['ʌltimit]

想一想再看

n. 终极,根本,精华
adj. 终极的,根本

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。