手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之2.0版城市:设计改变城市,创意成就舒适(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

One of our graduate students then says, well,

我们的一个毕业生说,好吧
how does a driverless car communicate with pedestrians?
这个无人驾驶的车,怎样提防行人呢?
You have nobody to make eye contact with.
没有司机看着它啊
You don't know if it's going to run you over.
也不知道它是不是会把你碾过去
So he's developing strategies so the vehicle can
所以他在研究怎样让这辆车
communicate with pedestrians, so --
留心我们的行人,所以——
So the headlights are eyeballs, the pupils can dilate,
所以车头灯成了眼球,它的瞳孔会扩大的
we have directional audio, we can throw sound
我们有指导声频,所以可以在人们面前
directly at people.
直接发声
What I love about this project is he solved a problem
我之所以钟情这个项目,是因为他解决了一个问题
that hasn't, that doesn't exist yet, so --
而这个问题,甚至还未存在,所以——
We also think that we can democratize access to bike lanes.
我们同时也觉得我们可以扩大范围到自行车道
You know, bike lanes are mostly used by young guys
自行车道大多是都是穿着弹性裤的年轻人在用
in stretchy pants, you know. So --
所以,你懂的,所以——
We think we can develop a vehicle that operates
我们觉得我们可以发明一种能在自行车道行驶
on bike lanes, accessible to elderly and disabled,
的交通工具,老年人和残疾人
women in skirts, businesspeople, and address the issues
穿裙妇女,商业人士都可以用
of energy congestion, mobility, aging and obesity
同时针对能源消耗,流动性,老年化和肥胖症这些问题
simultaneously. That's our challenge.
那就是我们的挑战
This is an early design for this little three-wheel,
这是我们早期设计的小三轮车
it's an electronic bike. You have to pedal
它是电动自行车,你得踩踏板
to operate it in a bike lane, but if you're an older person,
它才会在自行车道上行驶,但如果你是个上了年纪的人
that's a switch. If you're a healthy person,
那儿有个开关。如果你是个身体健康的人,
you might have to work really hard to go fast.
你可能得踩得很费劲它才会很快
You can dial in 40 calories going into work
骑着它去上班你可以消耗40卡路里
and 500 going home, when you can take a shower.
然后回家时消耗500卡路里,然后再洗个澡
We hope to have that built this fall.
我们期待它在今年秋天可以面世
Housing is another area where we can really improve.
住房是我们能改善的另一个方面
Mayor Menino in Boston says lack of affordable housing
波士顿的市长Menino说这个城市面临最大的问题的之一
for young people is one of the biggest problems
就是缺乏可以让年轻人
the city faces.
负担得起的住房
Developers say, okay, we'll build little teeny apartments.
开发商说,好吧,那我们就来建造小型的公寓
People say, we don't really want to live in a little teeny
但人们说,我们其实不想住进这些狭小的
conventional apartment.
传统型公寓
So we're saying let's build a standardized chassis,
所以我们说,得建造标准的“底盘”
much like our car. Let's bring advanced technology
就像我们的车一样,让我们把高科技
into the apartment, technology-enabled infill,
引进公寓,比如那些科技辅助的填充料
give people the tools within this open-loft chassis
在这个宽敞的阁楼“底架”内,让人们拿起工具
to go through a process of defining what their needs
自己动手去创造,去诠释他们的需求
and values and activities are, and then
价值观和行为,然后
a matching algorithm will match a unique assembly
会有一个对应的算法,对应整套独特的
of integrated infill components, furniture, and cabinetry,
填充物组件,家具,还有橱柜
that are personalized to that individual, and they give them
而且是为个人量身定做的,让他们有机会
the tools to go through the process and to refine it,
拿起工具完成整个过程并完善它
and it's something like working with an architect,
这就像和建筑师一起合作
where the dialogue starts when you give an alternative
而对话的内容往往是关于
to a person to react to.
这里我想选择这么做
Now, the most interesting implementation of that for us
现在,住进去最好玩的事情
is when you can begin to have robotic walls, so
就是当你拥有了机器墙
your space can convert from exercise to a workplace,
这样就就能调整空间,不管是变成运动室还是工作室
if you run a virtual company.
只要你开了公司(一切就都有可能)
You have guests over, you have two guestrooms
有客人拜访时,你就可以
that are developed.
扩展两间客房
You have a conventional one-bedroom arrangement
当你需要的时候,你可以变出一间传统卧室
when you need it. Maybe that's most of the time.
可能大部分时间都是这样
You have a dinner party. The table folds out
当你有宴会时,桌子会翻折开来
to fit 16 people in otherwise a conventional one-bedroom,
在其他时间都是传统卧室里的空间里容纳下16个人
or maybe you want a dance studio.
或者你想改造成舞蹈室也行
I mean, architects have been thinking about these ideas
我想,建筑师很长时间一直在思考这个问题
for a long time. What we need to do now,
我们现在需要去做的
develop things that can scale to those 300 million Chinese
是开发一些东西,使得3亿中国人
people that would like to live in the city,
能容纳进城市里
and very comfortably.
并且生活得安逸
We think we can make a very small apartment
我觉得我们能造出一套公寓出来
that functions as if it's twice as big
利用以上的那些策略,令房子的实际用途
by utilizing these strategies. I don't believe in smart homes.
可以达到它两倍大小的作用。我不信智能家居
That's sort of a bogus concept.
那是虚假的概念
I think you have to build dumb homes
我觉得应该建造愚笨家居
and put smart stuff in it.
然后放些智能的东西进去。
And so we've been working on a chassis of the wall itself.
我们现在已经在研发机器墙的底架
You know, standardized platform with the motors
还有带着发动机和电池
and the battery when it operates, little solenoids
的标准平台,还有可以固定在一个地方
that will lock it in place and get low-voltage power.
收集低压电力的小螺丝管

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vehicle ['vi:ikl]

想一想再看

n. 车辆,交通工具,手段,工具,传播媒介

联想记忆
simultaneously [saiməl'teiniəsli]

想一想再看

adv. 同时地(联立地)

 
refine [ri'fain]

想一想再看

vt. 精炼,净化,使优雅
vi. 被提纯,改

联想记忆
convert ['kɔnvə:t,kən'və:t]

想一想再看

v. 变换,(使)转变,使 ... 改变信仰,倒置,兑换

联想记忆
switch [switʃ]

想一想再看

n. 开关,转换,鞭子
v. 转换,改变,交换

 
alternative [ɔ:l'tə:nətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 两者择一的; 供选择的; 非主流的

联想记忆
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆
pedal ['pedl]

想一想再看

n. 踏板
adj. 脚的,踏脚的

联想记忆
scale [skeil]

想一想再看

n. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围
v. 依比例决

 
dilate [dai'leit]

想一想再看

vt. 使扩大,使膨胀
vi. 扩大,膨胀,详

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。