手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 大城市小世界 > 正文

大城市小世界Big City Small World(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:祈愿好运

来源:可可英语 编辑:wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

13.jpg

Hey! Good to see you again!

真高兴又见到你们!

Hey! You too!

嗨,见到你也很高兴!

Hello Sarah, hi Magda....

你好,萨拉,嗨,麦格达。

How are you Olivia? Harry! Great to see you too...

你怎么样,奥利维亚?哈利!见到你太好了。

Fine, fine thanks, all well. Tony!? Could we have some coffees over here please?

我很好啊,谢谢。万事遂意。托尼!请给我们这儿来点咖啡好吗?

Ok, ok...hold on...I’m rushed off my feet here...

行,稍等,我都忙得转不开脚了。

He’s always so miserable, so grumpy that guy....

他老是抱怨,这家伙就爱发脾气。

He’s not really, it’s just his way...

他没有啦,这只不过是他的方式。

I’ll believe you then...his coffee’s always good!

我相信你,他的咖啡总是那么好!

So, how are you two getting on?

你们两个怎么样?

Fine. It’s great, we’ve got this really nice flat...

挺好,棒极了,我们的公寓相当棒!

We moved into Harry’s old place...

我们搬进了哈利的住处。

Yeah, I remember. How’s it going? No problems? Still friends? It’s not always easy sharing a flat...

是啊我记得。还好吧?没啥问题?还是好朋友?合住一间公寓有时也不轻松啊。

No, no problems...

不,没问题。

except she leaves the top off the toothpaste tube and she spends too much time watching soap operas on TV!

除了她不给牙膏盖上盖子,她花太多时间看肥皂剧。

No, really, we’re getting along fine.

不是啦,我们处的很好。

The only problem is the rent...

唯一的问题就是租房。

It’s really expensive.

真是贵啊。

I still need to find that proper job, and that depends on me getting the right degree results...

我还是需要得到那份正式工作,而这取决于我的毕业成绩是否优秀。

Yeah, I remember you telling me. When will you find out?

对,我记得你跟我说过,你什么时候知道结果?

Next week.

下周。

Fingers crossed, then!

那手指交叉吧!

Fingers what?

什么手指?

Crossed. It’s what we say when we hope for something good to happen.

交叉。当我们希望有好事发生时,就这么说。

Oh, ok...fingers crossed!

那好,手指交叉,祈求好运!

Has anybody heard from Johnny? Sarah?

有人有约翰尼的消息吗?萨拉?

Just because we’re both Chinese doesn’t mean we keep in touch all the time, you know! There are a lot of people in China! (laughs)

就算我们俩都是中国人,也不意味着我们随时保持联系。知道吧,中国人多着呢!

Of course...sorry...I just thought...

当然,不好意思,我只是想。

He was more of a friend of yours, wasn’t he Harry?

他和你是更好的朋友,是吧,哈利?

Yeah, we’re good mates. I hear from him all the time.

对,我们是好哥们,我们一直都有联系。

How’s he doing?

他怎么样?

He’s still in Chongqing with his new job. He says it’s really interesting, really exciting, but he misses us and he wants to come back to London!

他还在重庆干新工作呢,他说挺有意思的。令人兴奋,但是他想我们,想回到伦敦来!

Fingers crossed!

祈求好运吧!

And how about you Harry? What are you up to? Are you still job hunting?

你在干什么?还在找工作吗?

Yeah, that’s right. I’m still looking for a new job.

嗯,说得对,我还在找新工作。

Any luck?

运气怎么样?

I haven’t found anything yet, but I’ve got a few possibilities. I really liked not working at first, I really enjoyed the free time, but now.

我还没有找到。但是碰到过几次机会。我其实不想马上工作。我喜欢享受自由时光,但是现在。

well, I need the money, and also well, I just get bored if I haven’t got something to do all the time.

哎,我需要钱,还有,要是总没有什么事做的话,我会觉得闷的。

Where’s Fadi, Olivia? I haven’t seen him for ages.

法蒂呢,奥利维亚?我有段时间没看见他了。

Why ask me?

干嘛问我?

I thought you’d know...you know, you’re like, good friends, aren’t you?

我以为你知道。瞧,你们俩像,好朋友,不是吗?

Yes, that’s exactly what we are. Good friends. Nothing more.

是,我们就只是好朋友,没别的。

I wasn’t suggesting anything! (laughs)

我也没什么别的意思啊!

I hope not! Anyway, he’s away at the moment, gone to visit his family. He’ll be back next week.

希望没有!总之,他现在不在,去看亲戚了,他下周就回来。

Here you are...four coffees...

这是你们的,四杯咖啡。

Thanks Tony!

托尼,谢谢!

Cheer up Tony.

高兴点,托尼。

Yeah...it can only get worse...!

是啊,这样只能更遭。

It might get worse! This café might be closing down soon, so then you’ll all have to find somewhere else to go.

也许就是更糟!咖啡馆很快要关闭了、到时你们都得另外找地方去。

Oh no....

哎呀,不会吧。

What’s this all about, Tony?

托尼,这到底怎么回事?

A big property company ,they’re building new luxury flats, just behind here. They want to get rid of these old buildings.

一家大地产公司,他们要建造新的豪华公寓,就在这后面。他们想拆除这些老建筑。

“Get rid of”?

拆除?

Yeah...knock them down. Demolish them.

对,把它们推倒,拆毁它们。

Oh no, that’s terrible.

哦,不,这太糟糕了。

It is terrible! I’ve worked here for ages. I mean, they’re offering me compensation, but I want to stay here.

是很糟糕!我在这儿工作很多年了。我是说。他们会给我赔偿,但我更愿意留在这里。

Oh no...I’ve just realised...perhaps that means my shop’s affected too...

哎呀,不好,我刚刚意识到,也许我的店也会受到影响。

It might be. Your shop’s only next door...

有可能,你的店就在隔壁。

They can’t knock my shop down! We must do something...

他们不能拆我的店!我们必须得做点什么。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
compensation [.kɔmpen'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 补偿,赔偿; 赔偿金,物

 
demolish [di'mɔliʃ]

想一想再看

v. 毁,破坏,粉碎

联想记忆
property ['prɔpəti]

想一想再看

n. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具

联想记忆
soap [səup]

想一想再看

n. 肥皂
vt. 用肥皂洗,阿谀奉承

 
luxury ['lʌkʃəri]

想一想再看

n. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
affected [ə'fektid]

想一想再看

adj. 受影响的,受感动的,受疾病侵袭的 adj. 做

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 
toothpaste ['tu:θpeist]

想一想再看

n. 牙膏

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。