手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 牛津大学《美丽公主》 > 正文

美丽公主(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第12期:发现达芬奇(12)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
And if I'm right and this is a volume of poetry
如果我没猜错,真的有这么一本诗册
and of course it would make a lovely front piece
那当然这幅画会是一个精美的封面
or somewhere in the volume accompanying these poems
或者会和诗歌一起夹在诗册中间
evoking the young woman's beauty and her innocence etc.
让人想起这个年轻女人的美貌和纯真等等
These would be presented to the young woman in question,
这本诗册会被献给这个公主
they would probably then go on a shelf.
然后很可能就被搁在书架上

You look at them and they'd be delightful

看着它会觉得很悦目
but they'd be part of a suite of aristocratic things
但它只是这些上流贵族的摆设品之一
and unlike jewellery you couldn't wear them
它不像珠宝,你戴不了它
so they were probably relatively useless in that sense
所以从这个意义上讲,它没什么用处
and they lived for the moment of presentation.
它们存在的意义就在于被献上的那一刻
It would be wondrous,it might be looked at.
它可能很惊人,可能会有人看它
But one reason you wouldn't know about this portrait
但我们不知道达芬奇画过这一幅画的原因是
is to have a Leonardo portrait sitting in a library
把一幅达芬奇的画放在书房里
in a book of not very brilliant poetry is that it just gets lost.
放在一本平庸的诗册里,它肯定会丢失
So we can get that hypothetical function for it.
所以这是我们对这幅画的功能的假设
What would be really nice
当然如果能找到那本
of course would be to discover the book that it's cut out of
它被割下来的诗册,那就最好不过了
but the chances are it was cut out of the book
但很可能割下这幅画的人
by somebody who wanted the portrait but didn't want the book
只想要这幅画,不想要那本书
so we can imagine the book of poems
所以我们可以想象,那本诗册
was probably ditched at that point.
很可能已经被丢弃了
Interviewer: So Martin you were saying at the beginning
马丁,你一开始的时候说
that you had a sense of immediate recognition
你感觉到一眼就认出
that made this painting different from all the other things
这幅画不同于以前你见过的那些假画
that you had seen and the different attributions
不同于别人拿给你看的那些
that have been presented to you.
冒充是达芬奇的画
After you've looked at it more closely
在你仔细地看了这幅画
and gone through different methods of analysis
用了不同的方法分析以后
how do you feel about the picture now?
现在你对这幅画有什么感觉?
Well you go through
你经过
all this process of looking for negatives
这么多程序,寻找反面证据
which you have to keep doing.
你必须一直这么找
But at a certain point it all adds up and the delights that I had
但就在某个时候,一切都证据都成立了,我第一次
when I first saw it was being reinforced enormously
见到它的快乐极大的加强了
and I'm absolutely convinced I think that it's rock solid.
我绝对相信,我觉得它毫无疑问就是了
But above all it is thrilling to look at.
但最主要的是,看着它实在太激动了
It's being restored as an old object.
它是古董了,现在要对它进行修复
We're not going to look very good after 500 years
经过500的时间,谁也不会好看
but it is just thrilling still.
但它仍然能让人激动不已
It has an enormous freshness,a delicacy.
它有着强烈的新鲜感,精美感
When you look at it in itself there's extraordinary presence.
当你看着它时,就会觉得有个活人站在你面前
I've seen the Mona Lisa out of it's frame,
我见过从画框上拿出来的蒙娜丽莎
I've seen all The Louvre pictures out of their frames.
我见过卢浮宫里所有的画从画框上拿出来的样子
I've seen the Cecelia Gallirani out of it's frame.
我见过从画框上拿出来的Cecelia Gallirani
And all of them have,not mystically inclined,
它们都有...不是我故弄玄虚
but all of them have an inner life.
但它们都有一种内在的生命力
The sitter's seem to live.
画中人似乎是活着的
And very few artists can do that. Rembrandt can do it.
很少画家能做到这点,伦伯朗能做到
Benini can do it in sculpture but the numbers
贝尼尼的雕刻能做到,但不是很多人
who get that uncanny sense of a presence imbedded in the picture,
能够在画上表现出这种活生生的感觉
a living presence.
就像一个活生生的人在眼前
This very much has that.
这幅画也有这种感觉
It has the delicacy it has the vibrancy
它精美,有活力
which I think will give generations of viewers enormous pleasure.
我想它会给后代的观画人带来巨大的乐趣

重点单词   查看全部解释    
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
immediate [i'mi:djət]

想一想再看

adj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的

联想记忆
convinced [kən'vinst]

想一想再看

adj. 信服的

 
innocence ['inəsns]

想一想再看

n. 无罪,无知,天真无邪

联想记忆
function ['fʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会
vi. 运行

 
uncanny ['ʌn'kæni]

想一想再看

adj. 神秘的,不可思议的

联想记忆
sculpture ['skʌlptʃə]

想一想再看

n. 雕塑
vt. 雕刻,雕塑
vi

 
delightful [di'laitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 令人愉快的,可喜的

 
shelf [ʃelf]

想一想再看

n. 架子,搁板

 
restored [ri'stɔ:d]

想一想再看

adj. 精力充沛的;精力恢复的 v. 修复(resto

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。