手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:电影中的男子气概(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

You know,

你知道,
as a parent with the privilege
作为一名有着抚养女儿
of raising a daughter
义务的父亲,
like all of you who are doing the same thing,
我跟你们所有为人父母的人一样,
we find this world and this statistic very alarming
对这个统计数字和这个世界存在危机感,
and we want to prepare them.
我们要做好防范。
We have tools at our disposal like "girl power,"
我们创造了一些类似“少女超人”的角色,
and we hope that that will help,
希望能够有所帮助,
but I gotta wonder, is girl power going to protect them
但是我担心,“女性力量”能否保护她们,
if, at the same time, actively or passively,
同时, 有意无意地,
we are training our sons to maintain their boy power?
我们培养我们的儿子们要有英勇气概?
I mean, I think the Netflix queue
我的意思是,我觉得 Netflix Queue(一种看电影的服务)
is one way that we can do something very important,
可以成为非常重要的一种方式,
and I'm talking mainly to the dads here.
我主要是针对父亲说的。
I think we have got to show our sons
我认为我们应该为我们的男孩子们
a new definition of manhood.
展示一种新的男子气概。
The definition of manhood is already turning upside down.
现在的男子气概的定义已经本末倒置了。
You've read about how the new economy
你已经知道新的经济环境
is changing the roles of caregiver and wage earner.
正在改变女性在家男性养家胡口的角色。
They're throwing it up in the air.
他们正逐渐被替代。
So our sons are going to have to find some way
我们的儿子需要能够适应这些改变,
of adapting to this, some new relationship with each other,
适应相互之间的新关系,
and I think we really have to show them, and model for them,
我认为我们需要身先士卒,展示如何成为
how a real man
一个真正的男人,
is someone who trusts his sisters
他会信任他的姐妹
and respects them, and wants to be on their team,
尊重她们,希望与她们为伍,
and stands up against the real bad guys,
对抗真正的坏蛋,
who are the men who want to abuse the women.
那些虐待妇女的大坏蛋。
And I think our job in the Netflix queue
而且我认为我们需要在 Netflix Queue 中
is to look out for those movies that pass the Bechdel Test,
寻找符合贝尔德尔测试的电影,
if we can find them, and to seek out the heroines
找到之后,再找出电影中的
who are there,
女英雄们,
who show real courage, who bring people together,
她们英勇无比,把大家团结起来,
and to nudge our sons to identify with those heroines
并且鼓励我们的儿子认识到这些女主人公的英勇
and to say, "I want to be on their team,"
并且说:“我想加入她的队伍。”
because they're going to be on their team.
因为他们将来需要与她们合作。
When I asked my daughter who her favorite character was in "Star Wars,"
当我问我的女儿最喜欢《星球大战》中的哪个角色,
do you know what she said?
你猜她说谁?
Obi-Wan.
欧比-旺(Obi-Wan)
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Glinda.
欧比-旺·克诺比和葛琳达
What do these two have in common?
他们有什么共同点?
Maybe it's not just the sparkly dress.
或许跟漂亮的衣服没有关系。
I think these people are experts.
我认为他们都是专家。
I think these are the two people in the movie
两个人在各自的电影中
who know more than anybody else,
都拥有比别人更多的知识,
and they love sharing their knowledge with other people
并且乐意与他人分享他们的知识
to help them reach their potential.
帮助他人挖掘潜能。
Now, they are leaders.
现在,他们是领袖。
I like that kind of quest for my daughter,
我希望自己的女儿有这样的追求,
and I like that kind of quest for my son.
也希望自己的儿子有这样的追求。
I want more quests like that.
我希望这样的追求越多越好。
I want fewer quests where my son is told,
我希望我的儿子不要被教育成
"Go out and fight it alone,"
“冲出去一个人战斗”
and more quests where he sees that it's his job to join a team,
而是主动的融入一个团队,
maybe a team led by women,
或许由一个女性来指挥,
to help other people become better
帮助其他人成就自己,
and be better people,
变得更好,
like the Wizard of Oz.
就像奥兹仙女一样。
Thank you.
谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
privilege ['privilidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸
vt.

联想记忆
potential [pə'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可能的,潜在的
n. 潜力,潜能

 
quest [kwest]

想一想再看

n. 探索,寻求
v. 寻找,搜索

 
disposal [dis'pəuzəl]

想一想再看

n. 处理,处置,布置,配置
n. 垃圾

 
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定义,阐释,清晰度

联想记忆
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 
abuse [ə'bju:s,ə'bju:z]

想一想再看

n. 滥用,恶习
vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待

联想记忆
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。