手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 牛津大学《犯罪小说》 > 正文

犯罪小说(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第44期:笔下与荧屏上的莫尔斯探长(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Now we got some question and answer.

我们问了问题,并有了答案
I ought to tell you straight away that I can't see all too well.
我得马上告诉你们,我视力不太好
And I've never been able to hear and I can't walk these days.
最近耳朵听不到,走路困难
And I've got a season ticket for every medical department.
我有每个医务科的季票
Yeah, every medical department in all the hospitals
是的,牛津每所医院的
within the environ of Oxford.
医务科
I only say this because I want to tell you,
说这些是想告诉你们
you're not going to expect too much of me, are you? Is that right?
对我的期望不要太高,可以吗?没问题吧?
And when it comes to questions,
如果有问题的话
David is going to tell me what they are.
就让大卫转告我
When I used to work here in Oxford for the examination board,
我曾在牛津大学的考试委员会工作
one of my colleagues went down to talk to
我的一个同事去铁道文法学校
the Grammar School of Railway Society and Tipping Norton
和体平诺顿学校做讲座
Have you ever heard of Tipping Norton?
你们听说过体平诺顿学校吗?
Well, that's a good start, anyway.
不管怎样,这是一个好的开始
And he went to talk to the Railway Society there about the pre-war...
他去铁道文法学院讲战前...
Well, you could imagine that was a big draw for the boys, wasn't it?
你们可以想象这对于男孩子有多强的吸引力
And my colleague who went there talking to them,
我同事前去演讲
he said he spoke rather too long he thought.
他说他感觉自己讲的太久了
And right at the end to mute applauses. He sat down.
最后,为了平息掌声,他坐下了
The teacher said at last: "distinguished speaker agrees to stay
老师最后说:"这位著名的讲师同意再给你们
for another half hour to answer all the questions you have, boys."
半小时的答疑时间,小伙子们"
And he said, "well, I've been talking
我的同事说:"我一直在讲
and I said long enough for you to think of a question,"
说这么久,应该足够你们想一个问题出来"
He said, "Could we then have the first question?"
他说:"现在可以问第一个问题了"
Have you been to a meeting like that?
你们经历过这样的场合吗?
Nobody's interested and offer him to ask a question.
没人感兴趣,还要让他们提问
And then he said: " it's alright,
然后他说:"很好
the boys are just formulating their questions."
小伙子们正在构思问题"
Formulating.
构思中
He says: "give them a chance and give them two minutes."
他说:"给他们一个机会,两分钟考虑时间"
Finally, he said: "you have your chance, boys.
最后,他说:"小伙子们,已经给过你们机会了
Could we please have the first question now?"
现在可否说出你们的第一个问题?"
Have you been to meetings like that?
你们经历过这样的场合吗?
It's pretty embarrassing, isn't it?
很尴尬,不是吗?
But finally one boy on the back row and there're only four boys there.
不过最终一个后排的男生,总共才四个男生
One boy on the rack that put his hand up.
后排的一个男生举起了手
The teacher said, "please, yes, my son. What is your question?"
老师说:"那位同学,你有什么问题?"
And the boy said: "please, sir, is it time to go home yet?"
那个男孩说:"先生,请问可以放学回家了吗?"
Well, anyway. There it is. There it is.
看吧,就是这样
So we should be alright if you sit and formulate
所以我讲的时候你们坐着
while I'm talking, alright.
构思问题,好吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
row [rəu,rau]

想一想再看

n. 排,船游,吵闹
vt. 划船,成排

 
mute [mju:t]

想一想再看

n. 哑子,默音字母,弱音器
adj. 哑的,

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
formulate ['fɔ:mjuleit]

想一想再看

vt. 用公式表示,系统地阐述

联想记忆
distinguished [di'stiŋgwiʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓著的,尊敬的 动词distinguish的过

联想记忆
colleague ['kɔli:g]

想一想再看

n. 同事

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。