手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 大城市小世界 > 正文

大城市小世界Big City Small World(MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:家庭事情

来源:可可英语 编辑:wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

family.jpg

Hey, Harry! How’s it going?

嗨,哈利!怎么样?

Not bad, thanks.

不错,谢谢。

Are you a millionaire yet?

你成为百万富翁了吗?

Eh? What? Oh ... Fadi’s “FindLondon” business. Actually, it’s going pretty well. We’ve set up a website and now we’re taking lots of enquiries, there’s a lot of interest. But I’m only an investor, you know it’s not my real job.

什么?你是说法帝的“FindLondon”。事实上,现在进展得很不错。我们建立了网站,很多人都来向我们咨询,挺有趣的。但是我只是投资方,这不是我真正的工作。

Sounds even better. if you can make money without working!

听起来不错,如果你不用工作就能挣到钱的话!

Yeah! I guess that’s the plan. That’s Fadi’s plan anyhow! But as your friend Magda says there’s more to life than money.

是的,我想这就是我的计划。这也是法帝的计划!就像你的朋友麦格达所说,生活也不止是钱。

Well, that’s certainly true.

事实。

I mean, I want to spend more time with Bindyu. That’s what makes me really happy.

我的意思是说,我想抽出更多的时间和Bindyu在一起。这让我很幸福。

Why don’t you just go out more together?

那你为什么不多约她出来几次?

Well, we see each other most days ... but it’s not that.

我们在一起已经很久了,但是我说的不是这个。

What is it then?

那是什么?

I’d like to take our relationship a bit more seriously.

我想认认真真的和她在一起。

But?

但是?

But she doesn’t want me to meet her parents.

但是她不想让我见她的父母。

Oh, I see. Why not?

我明白了,为什么?

That’s just it. I don’t know really. I think she’s embarrassed by me, or ashamed of me ... or something ...

我不知道。我想我让她尴尬了,或是让她感到羞愧了,或是其他什么。

No! That can’t be true! Why do you think that?

不可能!你为什么这么想?

I don’t know. Perhaps I’m not rich enough, or successful enough. You know, I’m just an ordinary London guy. Anyhow, I must be off now. if you see Bindyu let her know I was looking for her!

我不知道。或许我不够富有,或是不够成功。我只是个普通的伦敦小子,我现在要走了。如果你看见她,就说我在找她。

Will do! Bye!

好的!再见!

Hey there!

你好!

Hello! Oh, Harry was just in here looking for you.

你好!哈利在找你。

I knew it! I meant to catch him,but just missed him!

我知道!我本想来这里看他,但是错过了!

He was talking about you, actually.

他刚还在谈论你。

Oh yeah? All good things I hope.

是吗,我希望是好事。

Yes, but ...

是的,但是。

But? You mean there’s a “but”?

但是,但是什么?

Yeah. He thinks you’re not taking the relationship as seriously as he wants.

他认为你们的关系不像他想的那样认真。

Oh no! That’s not true ... Why does he think that?

不是!不是这样的。他为什么这么想?

He thinks you don’t want him to meet your family.

他认为你不想让他见你的家人。

Oh, I see. It’s not that I don’t want him to meet my parents, it’s just that it’s ...

我明白了。不是我不想让他见,只是。

What?

什么?

It’s just difficult, that’s all.

很困难。

Why?

为什么?

Well ... you know ... We’re so different ... from different backgrounds ... and my family are very traditional.

我们的背景不同,我的家庭非常传统。

I see ... Still, perhaps you should try.

我明白了,或许你应该试一试。

Yeah.maybe you’re right. I’ll try.

或许你是对的。我试一试。

译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,不得转载。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
embarrassed [im'bærəst]

想一想再看

adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的

 
traditional [trə'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的

 
investor [in'vestə]

想一想再看

n. 投资者

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。