手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:拥抱你的内心少女(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I want to talk a little bit about

我今天就希望讲讲这一点
the Democratic Republic of Congo.
首先是民主刚果共和国
For me, it was the turning point of my life.
对我来说,那是一个人生的转折点
I have spent a lot of time there in the last three years.
过去三年,我在那里度过了相当长的一段时间
I feel up to that point I had seen a lot in the world,
在那以前,我觉得自己领略过人间万象
a lot of violence.
各种的暴力
I essentially lived in the rape mines of the world for the last 12 years.
事实上,过去12年里我生活在世界许多强奸重灾区中
But the Democratic Republic of Congo
但是,民主刚果
really was the turning point in my soul.
确实成为了我心灵的转折点
I went and I spent time
我那时候去的是一个叫
in a place called Bukavu
布卡武的地方
in a hospital called the Panzi Hospital,
我就在当地的潘伊医院
with a doctor who was as close to a saint as any person I've ever met.
我遇到了一个医生,他是我见过的最接近圣人的一位
His name is Dr. Denis Mukwege.
他的名字是登尼斯·穆维格
In the Congo, for those of you who don't know,
假如你还不知道,在过去的12年,里,
there has been a war raging for the last 12 years,
刚果民主共和国一直在经历内战
a war that has killed nearly six million people.
那场战争使得六百万人丧命
It is estimated that somewhere between 300,000 and 500,000 women
据估计,有三十万到五十万的妇女
have been raped there.
在战争中被强暴
When I spent my first weeks at Panzi hospital
我在潘伊医院第一周的时候
I sat with women
我和那里的妇女坐在一起
who sat and lined up every day to tell me their stories.
她们会坐起来,一个一个的跟我讲故事
Their stories were so horrific,
她们的故事是如此的让人感到恐怖
and so mind-blowing and so on the other side of human existence,
让人震撼不已,展现了人类生存状况得另一面,
that to be perfectly honest with you, I was shattered.
说实话,听了那些故事,我心都碎了。
And I will tell you that what happened
我慢慢的告诉大家一些故事吧
is through that shattering,
正是因为那种被撕裂的感觉
listening to the stories of eight-year-old girls who had their insides eviscerated,
那种聆听八岁的女孩将心底之故事全盘托出的经历
who had guns and bayonets and things shoved inside them
她们的身体都曾遭枪或长剑的凌辱
so they had holes, literally, inside them
她们的身体上的的确确是存在这样那样的洞
where their pee and poop came out of them.
她们的排泄物都是从那里排出的
Listening to the story of 80-year-old women
还有聆听八十岁的老妇人告诉我
who were tied to chains and circled,
她们曾被绑在铁链上,串成一圈儿,
and where groups of men would come and rape them periodically,
一群男人然后就不定时的进来,轮奸她们
all in the name of economic exploitation
这一切,都是在经济扩张的名义下进行的
to steal the minerals so the West can have it and profit from them.
大公司开掘矿藏,这样他们就可以收获渔利
My mind was so shattered.
我的内心被撕裂了
But what happened for me is that that shattering
但对于我来说,那种撕裂反而
actually emboldened me
使得我变得更加坚强
in a way I have never been emboldened.
那也是从来没有过的
That shattering, that opening of my girl cell,
我的女孩细胞也由此而打开
that kind of massive breakthrough of my heart
我的心灵获得巨大突破
allowed me to become more courageous, and braver,
我的心灵获得巨大突破,都使我变得更勇敢
and actually more clever
也变得更加聪明
than I had been in the past in my life.
这是以前从未有过的
I want to say that I think the powers that be
另外我想说,有一种必须让人知道的力量,
know that empire-building
其实,感情是阻碍帝国大厦成为帝国大厦的
is actually -- that feelings get in the way of empire-building.
帝国大厦,
Feelings get in the way of the mass acquisition of the Earth,
良知会阻挡人们疯狂挖掘地球资源
and excavating the Earth, and destroying things.
掏空地球,毁灭万物。
I remember, for example, when my father,
我记得,我的父亲,他是非常非常暴力的一个人
who was very, very violent, used to beat me.
他常打我
And he would actually say, while he was beating me,
他,在打我的时候,会这么跟我说,
"Don't you cry. Don't you dare cry."
“你为什么不哭?你不敢哭吗?”
Because my crying somehow exposed his brutality to him.
因为只要我哭,他也许就会感到自己的暴力
And even in the moment he didn't want to be reminded
即便当时他并不想
of what he was doing.
被提醒他正在做什么
I know that we have systematically annihilated the girl cell.
我只知道,我们的社会系统性地歼灭了女孩细胞
And I want to say we've annihilated it in men as well as in women.
不单在男人身上,也在女人身上
And I think in some ways
我认为,
we've been much harsher to men
在某种程度
in the annihilation of their girl cell.
人们更残忍地对待男人身上的“女孩细胞”
I see how boys have been brought up, and I see this across the planet:
我看到男孩子是如何被养大的,全世界都是这样
to be tough, to be hardened,
家长都会希望自己的孩子变得更壮、更坚强
to distance themselves from their tenderness, to not cry.
远离脆弱,不要哭泣

重点单词   查看全部解释    
cell [sel]

想一想再看

n. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室

 
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
exploitation [.eksplɔi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 开发,开采,利用

 
shattered ['ʃætəd]

想一想再看

adj. 破碎的;极度疲劳的 v. 打碎;削弱;使心烦意

 
horrific [hɔ'rifik]

想一想再看

adj. 令人毛骨悚然的,可怖的

联想记忆
violent ['vaiələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的

 
exposed [iks'pəuzd]

想一想再看

adj. 暴露的,无掩蔽的,暴露于风雨中的 v. 暴露,

 
annihilation [ə,naiə'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 灭绝;消灭

 
brutality [bru:'tæləti]

想一想再看

n. 残忍,无慈悲,野蛮的行为

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。