手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 纪录片 > BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》 > 正文

BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第3期:松脆黄油派皮

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'While Si's helping cookery novice Fiona on the pie,

当西蒙帮助掌厨新手菲欧娜做派的时候

'I want to find out a little more about the pie's history.'

我想要对派的历史了解更多一点

It's so nice to have a sit down,let those two do the work.

坐下来让他们两个工作,真舒服

It's been quite busy, hasn't it?Sybil, when you were a girl,

他们有的忙了,是吧?西比尔,当你年少的时候

BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》.jpg

what was your supper dish?

吃过哪些晚餐

Well, very often we would have a meat and potato pie. Very often.

我们经常吃土豆肉派,经常。

With pickles. Yes.

和腌黄瓜。

Carrot in, and there's celery in.

胡萝卜,芹菜。

No! And also I always use a stock.

还有高汤。

Got some stock here. Look at that.Fabulous.

看,我们做好的高汤。太棒了

Did you always make your own stock?Yes. There was no cubes, or... No.

你自己做?没有高汤快?没有

Also put some shinned beef in,as well. Yes.

还加一点牛腿肉。

I haven't got a recipe for pastry.What do you mean?

我没有做派皮的食谱。什么意思?

I haven't made pastry since I was at school. You haven't? No.Have you got a good memory? No.

我从上学后就没做过派皮了?没做过?没有。能记起来吗?不能。

You don't even know where anything is, do you? No!

你连食材在哪都不知道是吗?是,不知道。

Egg yolk. So I've got to get...Yeah.

蛋黄。我要…

Think of school.

回想一下

We want to separate it,not have a relationship with it!

我们要费力,不要粘在一起

'The pastry I'm teaching Fiona is a simple buttery short crust

-我要教菲欧娜做简单的松脆黄油派皮

'a timeless classic.' Stop!

永恒经典。停下!

Bit more.

再多一点

So when she was little, did you do most of the cooking? Oh, yes.

菲欧娜小时候都是你做饭吗?是

She'd rather be with her father,there were more interesting things going on.

她更喜欢和父亲在一起,会更有趣

It's interesting that in the book it's just gone "pastry".

食谱里没有派皮很耐人寻味。

No recipe, there's an assumed knowledge, because everybody used to make pastry then.

没有食谱,但有制作方法流传下来,因为过去每个人都做派皮

It was just one of those things.

大家都是这么做的

Unfortunately,your skill level with the Clingfilm's not that good either!

不幸的是,你用塑料膜的水平也不太高

Were you like that? Did you just say"I'll make pastry"?

你以前会喜欢做派皮吗?

Yes, the same as you'd just throw the Yorkshire puddings in.

是,就像你刚刚把布丁扔进去

You just didn't think about it.You didn't weigh them.

你连想都没想,也没用秤称

(Get the oil.) Yes.

去拿油。是

Now, Fiona's just gone off on a little holiday to find the oil,

菲欧娜花了大把时间找油

which is in the cupboard...Extra-virgin? No. Just cook...

其实就在橱柜里。特级初榨…炒菜用的就行了

That'll do.

足够了

Bit at a time,because we want them to brown,

一次一点,把他煎至金黄

don't want them to stew.

但不要煮烂了

Onions and carrots and celery.

洋葱胡萝卜芹菜

You'll start to see the onions go slightly translucent as well.

洋葱开始透明了

Slightly see-through.

轻微的透光

'The Meat and Potato Pie recipe in Fiona's cookbook

食谱里的土豆肉派

'contains many basic principles -browning meat, sweating vegetables,

包含最基本的要求-煎至金黄的肉,蔬菜煮软

'and creating a stew separately before it's brought together with the pastry.'

单独煮一锅浓汤,然后把材料包裹在派皮里

Eggy wash. Now we need to bake that.

蛋液。现在烤吧。

25 minutes, 180 degrees,Bob's your uncle.

25分钟,180度。轻而易举

'What Fiona's forbears would have thought of her inability

菲欧娜竟然不会做土豆肉派

'to knock up a Meat and Potato Pie we will never know, but as they say,

她的祖先会怎么想,我们也无从得知,但是俗话说,

'the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

布丁要尝了才知道

'Or in this case,

或者现在,

the proof of the pie.'

派要尝了才知道

Ilkley's very own Delia Smith!

伊利克里自己的美食家!

So we're sitting down to Sybil's Meat and Potato Pie,

我们要坐下品尝西比尔的土豆肉派

'Great Granny's Pudding,and pickles and preserves,

曾祖母的布丁腌黄瓜和果酱

'all made from the old recipe book.'

都是按照老食谱做得

重点单词   查看全部解释    
translucent [træns'lu:sənt]

想一想再看

adj. 半透明的

联想记忆
lid [lid]

想一想再看

n. 盖,眼睑
vt. 给 ... 装盖子

 
sweat [swet]

想一想再看

n. 汗,汗水
v. (使)出汗

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
separate ['sepəreit]

想一想再看

n. 分开,抽印本
adj. 分开的,各自的,

 
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
blouse [blauz]

想一想再看

n. 女衬衫

联想记忆
assumed [ə'sju:md]

想一想再看

adj. 假装的;假定的

 
classic ['klæsik]

想一想再看

n. 古典作品,杰作,第一流艺术家
adj.

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。