手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第16期:创业要注意的事情(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So, another reason so people especially if they've already had a job at another company.

还有一个原因,尤其是对于已经在大公司找到好工作的人来说
You tend to develop this narrative of like,
他们会有这种想法
okay like, the people running this company are idiots,
这家公司的领导朽木不可雕
they're making all these stupid decisions, they're spending their time in, in these stupid ways.
公司做的决定也是无法理解,这家公司哪个方面都没前途
I'm gonna start a company and I'm gonna do it better.
所以要自己开一家更好的公司
I'm gonna like, set all the rules.
这些人要创建自己的新规则
It's a pretty attractive idea.
这种想法是很有煽动性的
Makes a lot of sense.
听起来很合理
If you've read my Medium posts you know what's coming.
如果大家读过我的文章,就知道怎么回事了
I'll give you guys a second to read this quote.
大家可以快速读一下引文

创业与企业发展

Cool. So this, this really resonates with me.

我确实就是这么想的
And one thing I'd point out is you know, the reality of these decisions is pretty nu, nuanced.
首先我要指出一点,现实是很微妙又复杂的
The people you thought were idiots probably weren't idiots.
公司领导,也不一定就是愚蠢
They probably just had like a really difficult decision in front of them.
在做决定之前,可能他们会面临非常困难的情况
And people pulling them in multiple directions.
而身边的人意见又不一致
So the most common thing I have to spend my time on.
比方说我,作为总裁
And, and focus my energy on as a CEO is like.
我最常碰到的事情就是
The, the problems that like other people are bringing to me.
员工向我反馈问题
The, the other priorities that people create.
但各人有各人的倾向
And it's usually in the form of a conflict.
这样就会形成冲突
People wanna go in different directions.
员工意见不一致
Or like customers want different things.
或者顾客的要求太多,不好满足
And like I might have my own opinion about that.
而我自己也可能有别的想法
But really the, the game I'm playing is like who do I disappoint the least?
这时候我做的,就是选择最大程度满足谁的愿望
And like just trying to like navigate all, all these difficult situations.
对于所有不同意见,我要起到引导和掌控的作用
And even on a day to day basis I might come in on Monday and like have all these, you know,
可能每天我来到办公室本来计划的
grand plans for like how I'm gonna improve the company and what I'm gonna spend my time on,
是要思考改进公司的方法
but then if like an important employee is threatening to quit, that's what I'm spending my time on.
可而实际上能因为一位重要员工要辞职,我就要花时间去处理这件事了
That's my number one priority.
因为这是现在第一紧急的事
So a subset of you're the boss is you have flexibility.
自己当老板,就有很大的余地
You have control over your own schedule.
你可以安排自己的工作时间
This really attractive idea.
这点对于很多人都很有吸引力
So here's the reality.
但实际上
And their Phil Libin quote.
大家看菲尔·利宾的话
So this, this truly reson, resonates with me as well.
我对于这个理由是比较理解的
And some of the reasons for this, again, you're always on call.
首先,创业者要随时待命
So maybe you don't intend to work all parts of the day but you might not get to control which ones.
所以就算你不想工作一整天,究竟什么时间有工作,你也是无法控制的
You're a role model, this is super important.
对于其他人来说,你是一个榜样,这点尤为重要
So if you're an employee of a company um, you might have some good weeks, you might have some bad weeks,
如果你是公司职员,可能有时候状态好,有时候状态差
some weeks when you're, you're low energy, maybe you wanna take a couple extra days off um,
当你个人状态差的时候,可能会想请几天假调整一下
that's really bad if you're, you're an entrepreneur like your team will really signal off what your bringing to the table
但如果你是企业家,你的决定直接影响你的团队
And so if you take your foot off the gas, so will they.
如果你自己泄气,整个团队都会丧失动力
And you're always working anyway.
你要一直努力工作
So, if you're really passionate about an idea, it's just gonna like pull you to, to keep working on it.
如果你对一个想法感兴趣,你就要一直不停探索
If you're working with great investors, you're working with great partners,
如果你认识很棒的投资人,如果你有好的工作搭档
they're gonna wanna be working really hard, they're gonna want you to be working really hard uh,
他们都会认真工作,当然,他们也希望你会认真对待工作
and again, you're gonna wanna work really hard.
所以,你要努力工作

重点单词   查看全部解释    
narrative ['nærətiv]

想一想再看

n. 叙述,故事
adj. 叙事的,故事体的

 
passionate ['pæʃənit]

想一想再看

adj. 热情的,易怒的,激情的

联想记忆
navigate ['nævi.geit]

想一想再看

vi. 航行,驾驶,操纵 vt. 航行,驾驶

联想记忆
signal ['signl]

想一想再看

n. 信号,标志
v. (发信号)通知、表示<

联想记忆
conflict ['kɔnflikt]

想一想再看

n. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗
vi. 冲突,争

联想记忆
disappoint [.disə'pɔint]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 失望

联想记忆
flexibility [.fleksə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 灵活性,柔韧性,适应性

联想记忆
quote [kwəut]

想一想再看

n. 引用
v. 引述,举证,报价

联想记忆
multiple ['mʌltipl]

想一想再看

adj. 许多,多种多样的
n. 倍数,并联

联想记忆
medium ['mi:diəm]

想一想再看

n. 媒体,方法,媒介
adj. 适中的,中等

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。