手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第18期:大公司的影响

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Then this is worth hearing.

下面大家听着
So if you have a $100 million idea and you're pretty confident you can execute it,
如果创意值1亿美金,同时你又非常自信,能够付诸实践
I would consider that.
那么我建议大家放手去做
If you think you're the right entrepreneur to build Uber,
如果大家认为,自己更适合第二个
Uber for space travel, that's really huge idea. $2 billion idea.
太空旅行项目,这不是简单的项目。这个创意是20亿美金
You're actually gonna have a pretty good return for that.
项目收益是很客观的
You should definitely do that.
这个也可以做
This is also only the value after four years.
这是四年之后的公司价值
And this idea probably has legs.
增长是很快的
So definitely go after that.
所以应该用这个方案
If, if you're thinking of building that,
如果你有这样的想法
you probably shouldn't even be in this class right now.
那现在你赶紧不要听课了
You should go and, go and build that company.
直接去办公司看一下好了

创业与企业发展

So why is this, financial reward and, and impact,

之所以选这个,除了经济回报,还有影响
I really think that financial reward is very strongly correlated with the impact you have on the world.
当然,经济回报会影响大家能产生的影响力
If you don't believe that let's talk through some specific examples
如果不信,我们可以看一些例子
and not think about the equity at all.
先不管股权的问题
So why might joining a, a late-stage company actually provide you a lot of impact?
为什么加入一家大公司会给你带来很多影响呢?
You get this multiplier They have an existing massive user base.
首先,公司一定是有一定用户基础的
If it's Facebook, it's a billion users.
Facebook的用户有十亿之多
Or if it's Google it's a billion users.
Google的用户也一样
They have existing infrastructure you get to build on.
第二,大公司已经有各种基础设施
That's also increasingly true for new startups.
新企业可以依赖大公司进行创业发展
Things like AWS. Like awesome independent service providers.
比方说AWS。比方说这些独立服务供应商
But you usually get some, like, proprietary technology and it's all maintained for you.
但这里牵扯的专利技术都是独属于你的
It's a pretty great place to start uh,
从此开始是一个不错的选择
and you get to work with a team and they'll help you just leverage your idea into something great.
最后,与优秀的团队共事,大公司可以帮你把想法变成现实
So, a couple of specific examples Bret Taylor came into employee
还有一些别的例子
around or came into Google as around employee number 1,500.
布雷特·泰勒大约是谷歌第1500位员工
And he invented Google Maps.
他开发了谷歌地图
This is a product you guys probably use every day.
这个app大家应该每天都用吧
I used it to get here.
我来讲课都是用谷歌地图找到教室
And it's used by hundreds of millions of people all around the world.
它的用户有上千万,遍布全世界
Didn't need to start a company to do that, did happen to get a big financial reward.
不需要开一家新公司,但却收获了巨大的物质奖酬
But the, the point is he had massive impact.
重点在于,他在谷歌拥有了巨大的影响力
My co-founder Justin Rosenstein.
比方说我的同事贾斯汀·罗森斯坦
Joined go, Google a little later after Brett he was a PM there.
在布雷特之后,作为项目经理加入了谷歌
And just as a side project he ended up prototyping a chat which,
在做编外项目的时候,他做了一个聊天软件
which used to be a standalone app as integrated into Gmail,
这是一个嵌入Gmail的软件
like you see it on the upper right there.
大家看到,就在这里
And before he did that, like people didn't even think you could do chat over AJAX,
在此之前没有人想过用AJAX开发聊天工具,
or chat in the browser at all,
或者用网页聊天
and he just kind of like demonstrated it, and showed it to his team, and made it happen.
他演绎了这个想法,跟他的团队一起做出来了
Again, this is probably a product most of you use maybe every day.
这也是大家可能每天都要用的产品
And then, perhaps even more impressively, shortly after that, JR left,
在此之后,贾斯汀辞职了
he became employee around number 250 at Facebook.
他作为大约第250位员工,加入了Facebook
And he led a hack-a-thon project along with people like Andrew Bosworth and Leah Pearlman uh, to create the like button.
他跟安德鲁·博斯沃思、利亚·普尔曼等人一起开发了点赞按钮
So, this is one of the most popular elements anywhere on the web.
这在网络上也很流行
Totally changes how people use it.
改变了大家上网的方式
And again didn't need to start a company to do it and almost certainly would have failed if he had tried.
这也不需要创办人开一家新公司去实现,如果他真的开公司去做了,很可能也不会成功
Because he really needed the distribution of Facebook to make it work.
因为要成功,他需要Facebook广泛的用户基础
So important to, to keep in mind the context for uh,
所以大家要记住
what kind of company you're trying to start and like,
你要寻找什么样的公司
where will you actually be able to make it happen.
在哪你能实现你的构想

重点单词   查看全部解释    
distribution [.distri'bju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 分发,分配,散布,分布

联想记忆
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
proprietary [prə'praiətəri]

想一想再看

adj. 专利的,所有权的 n. 所有权,所有人

联想记忆
entrepreneur [.ɔntrəprə'nə:]

想一想再看

n. 企业家,主办者,承包商

联想记忆
execute ['eksikju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 执行,处决,实行,完成
[计算机] 执

 
independent [indi'pendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的
n. 独立

联想记忆
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
base [beis]

想一想再看

n. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱

 
employee [.emplɔi'i:]

想一想再看

n. 雇员

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。