手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第19期:创业理由

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

So what's the best reason?

而最好的创业理由是什么呢?
So, Sam already talked about this a little bit but basically, you can't not do it.
山姆已经介绍了一些,最基本的一点就是,当你只能创业的时候
You're super passionate about this idea.
你对于自己的想法极度热衷
You're the right person to do it.
非你莫属
You've gotta make it happen.
你一心想把自己的想法变成现实
So how does this break down?
具体的解释是怎样呢?
Cuz we're getting close to end here.
课程马上就结束了
How am I doing on time?
时间还够吗?
Cool. Sweet. Perfect.
可以的,好
So this, this is sort of like a word play.
这有点像文字游戏了
You can't not do it in two ways.
满足以下两个条件,你就不得不做

创业与企业发展

One is, you're so passionate about it that you're just like, you have to do it.

第一,你对于自己的想法极度热衷,你必须得完成它
You're gonna do it anyway.
你无论如何都得实现它
And this is really important.
这点很重要
Cuz you'll need that passion to get through all of those
因为我们介绍过创业的艰辛
like hard parts of being an entrepreneur that we talked about earlier.
你必须满腔热情,才能走过这些困难
You'll also need it to effectively recruit.
要招到有效率的员工,你也要有热情
Candidates can smell when you don't have passion.
如果你自身动力不足,员工也会发现这点
And there are enough entrepreneurs out there who do have passion.
而热血的企业家很多
That they may as well work for one of those.
你的员工可能就选择去为别人工作了
So this is sort of like table stakes for being an entrepreneur.
这些都是成为企业家的风险
Your subconscious can also tell when you don't have passion and that'll be a huge problem.
而下意识里,如果你动力不足,自己也会洞察,这是个大问题
And then so the other way to interpret this is the world needs you to do it.
你不得不做的另一个原因,就是说,世界需要你去完成这个项目
So this is sort of validation that the idea is important.
这也证明,你的创意很重要
It's gonna make the world better, so the world needs it.
它会让世界更美好,所以需要你去做出来
If it's not em, if it's not something the world needs, go do something the world needs.
但如果你的创意并没有这么好,就去做一些值得做的东西
Your time's really valuable. Um, there are plenty good ideas out there.
你自己的时间也是很宝贵的,好创意有很多
Maybe it's not one of your own.
不一定非得是你自己的创意
Maybe it's an existing company.
可能来自于一家现有的公司
But you may as well work on something that's gonna be good.
你也可以去做别人的好创意
And then the second way to interpret this is the world needs you to do it.
下面一点,就是世界需要“你”来做
You're actually well suited to this problem in some way.
而要完成这个创意,你最合适不过
If this isn't true it may be a sign that your time is better spent somewhere else.
如果现实不是这样,那么大家还是不要浪费时间了
But also just best case scenario if this isn't true,
如果你并不是最合适的
you out compete the team for which it is true.
你的能力超出了那个最合适的团队
And you just end up with like a sub-optimal outcome for the world.
这个好点子给你来做就不会对世界产生最优结果
That doesn't feel very good.
这样不太好
So drawing this back to my own experience at Asana, you know, Justin and I were kind of like reluctant entrepreneurs.
比方说我在Asana的经历,贾斯汀和我都是顽固的企业家
We, before we founded Asana so we're working at Facebook.
在创建Asana之前,我们都在Facebook工作
We were already working on a great problem.
我们在做的项目非常棒
And we would basically work all day long on our normal projects and then at night we would keep working on
我们可能会全天工作,做常规的项目,在晚上,也要加班
this internal task manager that was used internally at the company.
做这个公司内部使用的管理工具
And it was just cuz we were like so passionate about the idea that was so clearly valuable, that we couldn't do anything else.
因为我们对这个创意投入了很多激情,创意本身价值又高,我们就不再做其他事情
And at some point we had to have the hard conversation of like,
到一定程度,我们意识到
okay well what does it mean if we don't actually start this company.
如果不开公司会怎样
We were pretty, we were able to see the impact it was having on Facebook.
因为我们看到了这个软件给Facebook带来的影响
We were pretty convinced it could be really valuable for the world.
我们认为,这个创意是很有意义的
We were also pretty convinced nobody else was gonna build it.
也确定,没有别人在做这个
The problem had been around a long time and we just kept seeing sort of incremental solutions to it.
很长时间内,这个问题一直都在,我们不断寻找解决办法
So if we didn't go out with the one that we thought was best,
如果用我们认为的最好的方式还做不出来
we thought there'd be a lot of value left on the table.
就说明它还是有很多价值的
And yeah. So we just couldn't, couldn't stop working on it.
确实,我们一直在做自己的项目
And literally the idea was like beating itself out of our chest, like forcing itself into the world.
这个创意,好像自己也迫不及待变成现实
And I think that's the feeling you should really be looking for when you start a company.
这就是大家要办新公司时应该有的想法
That's how you know you have the right idea.
这样大家就知道,自己做的是对的了
So I'll go ahead and stop there.
我就讲到这里
I'll put some recommended books up here, but won't narrate them.
给大家一些推荐书目,我就不念了
And maybe, that's the end of the class.
课程就到这里
Yeah, thank you.
谢谢你
Maybe you guys could stick around for a few minutes if you have questions for him.
大家如果有问题的话,可以留下来问一下
And uh, see you Thursday.
周四见
Thank you.
谢谢

重点单词   查看全部解释    
interpret [in'tə:prit]

想一想再看

v. 解释,翻译,口译,诠释

 
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
effectively [i'fektivli]

想一想再看

adv. 事实上,有效地

 
outcome ['autkʌm]

想一想再看

n. 结果,后果

 
compete [kəm'pi:t]

想一想再看

vi. 竞争,对抗,比赛

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
validation [,væli'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 批准;确认;生效

 
entrepreneur [.ɔntrəprə'nə:]

想一想再看

n. 企业家,主办者,承包商

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
reluctant [ri'lʌktənt]

想一想再看

adj. 不情愿的,勉强的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。