手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:CEO的工作

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Uh, so the CEO, people have asked me a bunch of times like the jobs of the start up CEO.

那么关于CEO,有人问过我很多次创业公司中CEO的工作是什么
And there are probably more than five but, you know,
大概至少有5个。
here are five that come up a lot in the early days.
在早期CEO的工作主要有5件事儿
Um, the first four, I think everyone thinks of as CEO jobs.
前四件大家都认为是CEO的工作
Set the vision. Raise money.
制定目标。筹集资金
Evangelize the company to people you're trying to recruit.
向你想招的人宣传公司
Existing employees, partners, press, customers, everybody.
已有的员工,合伙人,媒体,顾客,每个人
Hire and manage the team.
招聘和管理团队
Um, but the fifth one is setting the execution bar,
但第五件事是确定执行标准
and this is not something that most founders get excited about.
这并不是大多数创业者喜欢做的事

创业与企业发展

Probably think about themselves doing that I think is actually one of the critical CEO roles.

他们可能没有想过要做这样的事情,但我觉得这实际上是CEO关键的角色之一
And no one but the CEO can do this.
只有CEO能做
Um execution gets divided into two, two key questions.
执行方面分为两个关键问题
One can you figure out what to do?
其一,知道做什么?
And two can you get it done?
其二,能完成吗?
Um so I wanna talk about two parts of getting it done.
假设你已经知道做什么了
Assuming that you've already figured out what to do.
因此这里我想谈谈第二个问题的两方面
Um, and those are focus and intensity.
那么剩下的就是专注和强度
Ah, so, so focus is critical.
专注是至关重要的
Um, one of my favorite questions to ask founders is what they're spending their time and money on.
我最喜欢问创业者一个问题,他们把时间和金钱都花在哪儿
Um, this reveals almost everything, about what founders think is important.
这基本上反映了创业者觉得什么是重要的
One of the hardest parts about being a founder.
作为一名创业者,最难的就是
Is it there are 100 important things competing for your attention every day.
每天有100件重要的事扑向你
Um, and you have to identify the right two or three,
你得辨别出其中两三件最需要做的工作,
work on those and then ignore or delegate or defer the rest.
剩下的要么忽略,要么派其他人完成,或推迟
And a lot of these things that, that founders think are really important, you know.
许多创业者觉得很重要的事是
Interviewing a lot of different law firms,
比如面试许多不同的律师事务所
going to conferences, recruiting advisors,
参加会议,招聘咨询师,等等
whatever, they just don't matter, right?
但这些都不重要,对吧?
And what really does matter, varies with time but it's an important piece of May Day advice.
因时期不同,真正重要的事也有所不同,但是有条亘古不变的准则,就是
You need to figure out what the two or three most important things are and then just do those.
你要弄清楚最重要的两三件事,然后只做这两三件最重要的事
And you can only have two or three things every day,
每天你只能做两三件事
because everything else will just come at you.
因为其他的事都会主动找上你
You know fires of the day,
要知道每天最紧急的事是什么
and if you don't get really good at setting what these two or three priorities are every day.
如果你做不好确定每天的重要事项
Um, you'll never be great at actually getting stuff done.
那么你永远不会成大事
This is really hard for founders right.
这对创业者来说真的很难
Founders are people that get excited by starting new things.
因为创业者会因尝试新事物而变得兴奋
Unfortunately, the trick to great execution is to say no a lot.
不幸的是,执行的技巧就是要常说“不”
You know, you're saying no 97 times out of 100,
100次中有97次你都要说“不”
um, and most founders find that they have to make a very conscious effort to do this.
大多数创业者发现他们必须很努力才能做到这一点
Most startups are not nearly focused enough.
大多数创业公司都不够专注
They work really hard, maybe, but they don't work hard on the right things.
他们可能工作非常努力,但是他们的努力却用错了地方
And you'll still fail.
结果仍是失败
Um, one of the great and terrible things about starting a startup is that you get no credit for trying.
关于创业,有一件可怕的事,就是你的努力没有回报
You only get points when you make something that the market wants.
当你做了市场需要的东西时,工作才有意义
So if you work really hard on the wrong things.
所以,如果你在错的事情上付出了努力
Uh, no one will care.
没有人会在意

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的

联想记忆
intensity [in'tensiti]

想一想再看

n. 强烈,强度

 
recruit [ri'kru:t]

想一想再看

v. 招募,征兵,吸收(新成员),补充
n.

联想记忆
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
defer [di'fə:]

想一想再看

vt. 延期,缓召,把 ... 委托给他人
v

联想记忆
credit ['kredit]

想一想再看

n. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
execution [.eksi'kju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 执行,实施,处决
n. 技巧,表演

 
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 
critical ['kritikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的
a

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。