"I'm not saying it'll work," said Stuart.
“我没有说它一定行得通,”斯图亚特说。
It's a good law and we'll give it a try.
不过,这是条值得我们一试的好法律。
We'll give it a try right here and now.
我们现在就在这里试验一下。
Somebody do something mean to somebody.
得找个人来对别人做一件会引起打斗的事。
Harry Jamieson, you be mean to Katharine Stableford.
哈里·贾米森,你来对凯瑟琳·斯特布尔福特做这件事。
Wait a minute, now, what's that you've got in your hand, Katharine?
现在,先等一分钟,你手里拿的什么,凯瑟琳?
It's a little tiny pillow stuffed with sweet balsam.
一个可爱的装着香脂的小香袋。
Does it say "For you I pine, for you I balsam" on it?
就是“我为你憔悴,我为你芬芳’那句广告里宣传的那种吗?
"Yes," said Katharine.
“是的,”凯瑟琳说。
"Do you love it very much?" asked Stuart.
“你非常珍爱它吗?”斯图亚特问。
"Yes, I do," said Katharine.
“是的,当然,”凯瑟琳说。
Ok, Harry, grab it, take it away!
OK,哈里,抢走它!
Harry ran over to where Katharine sat, grabbed the little pillow from her hand, and ran back to his seat, while Katharine screamed.
哈里跑到凯瑟琳的座位旁,把小香袋从她的手上夺走,跑回自己的座位,凯瑟琳尖叫起来。
"Now then," said Stuart in a fierce voice, "hold on, my good people, while your Chairman consults the book of rules!"
“现在,”斯图亚特用毫无怜悯的语调说,“稍等,朋友们,你们的领导者要查查法律书了!”
He pretended to thumb through a book.
他假装在翻一本书。
Here we are. Page 492.
我们看。第492页。
Absolutely no being mean.
完全不要有打人的念头
Page 560. Nix on swiping anything.
第560页,不许偷任何东西。
Harry Jamieson has broken two laws--the law against being mean and the law against swiping.
哈里·贾米森已经违反了两条法律——禁止有打斗欲念的那条和禁止偷窃的那条。
Let's get Harry and set him back before he becomes so mean people will hardly recognize him any more! Come on!
让我们快来管管哈里,不然等他有了打人的念头后就没用了!来吧!