手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:精神疾病有什么可笑的?(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Because, you know, the one thing, one thing that you get with this disease,

因为有一样东西,得了这种病你会得到它
this one comes with a package, is you get a real sense of shame,
这是整套附送的,就是你会感到很羞耻
because your friends go, "Oh come on, show me the lump, show me the x-rays,"
因为你的朋友们会说 “来,给我看看肿块,给我看看X光片”
and of course you've got nothing to show,
当然你什么都没有可以拿来展示的
so you're, like, really disgusted with yourself because you're thinking,
你就会变得很厌恶自己因为你觉得
"I'm not being carpet-bombed. I don't live in a township."
“没有很多人来看望我,我不是在城镇里生活”
So you start to hear these abusive voices, but you don't hear one abusive voice,
你开始听到很多谩骂声,不是一声两声
you hear about a thousand -- 100,000 abusive voices,
你能听到近千个万个谩骂声
like if the Devil had Tourette's, that's what it would sound like.
就像恶魔患了抽动症,听起来就像那样
But we all know in here, you know, there is no Devil, there are no voices in your head.
但我们在座的都知道,并没有恶魔,你的头脑中并没有声音
You know that when you have those abusive voices,
当你听到那些谩骂声时
all those little neurons get together and in that little gap
所有那些小神经元会聚在一起,在那个小小的狭缝
you get a real toxic "I want to kill myself" kind of chemical,
你就会产生“我真想杀了自己”有毒的化学物质
and if you have that over and over again on a loop tape, you might have yourself depression.
如果这种情况屡次发生,你可能会让自己得抑郁症
Oh, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.
那还不到冰山一角

精神疾病有什么可笑的?

If you get a little baby, and you abuse it verbally,

如果你有一个小婴儿,你常口头辱骂它
its little brain sends out chemicals that are so destructive
它的小脑袋会发出非常具有破坏性的化学物质
that the little part of its brain that can tell good from bad just doesn't grow,
以致它脑袋里面分辨美好事物的部分不再生长了
so you might have yourself a homegrown psychotic.
你就自己培养了一个精神病者
If a soldier sees his friend blown up,
如果一个士兵看到他的朋友被炸了,
his brain goes into such high alarm that he can't actually put the experience into words,
他的大脑会进入高度警戒状态,以致他无法把所经历的东西用语言表达出来
so he just feels the horror over and over again.
他只是一次又一次地感受到恐惧
So here's my question.
那么我有一个问题,
My question is, how come when people have mental damage, it's always an active imagination?
我的问题就是,为什么人们有精神创伤的时候,总被认为是主动想象造成的
How come every other organ in your body can get sick and you get sympathy, except the brain?
为什么其它身体器官生病时你会得到同情,而大脑除外呢
I'd like to talk a little bit more about the brain,
我想谈多一些关于大脑的东西
because I know you like that here at TED,
因为我知道TED在座的各位喜欢听
so if you just give me a minute here, okay.
请给我一点时间好吗
Okay, let me just say, there's some good news.
我就这么说吧,有些好消息
There is some good news. First of all, let me say, we've come a long, long way.
有些好消息,首先,我想说,我们一路走来经历了很多
We started off as a teeny, teeny little one-celled amoeba,
我们从非常非常小的单细胞变形虫
tiny, just sticking onto a rock, and now, voila, the brain.
很小的,贴在一块石头上,现在,看啊,到了大脑
Here we go.
我们开始吧
This little baby has a lot of horsepower.
这小东西有很大马力
It comes completely conscious. It's got state-of-the-art lobes.
它是有完整意识的,它有新生的脑叶
We've got the occipital lobe so we can actually see the world.
因为有枕叶所以我们能看到世界
We got the temporal lobe so we can actually hear the world.
因为有颞叶所以我们能听到世界上的声音
Here we've got a little bit of long-term memory,
这里是我们有长期记忆的部分
so, you know that night you want to forget, when you got really drunk? Bye-bye! Gone.
你很想忘记某天晚上真的喝醉了,拜拜,忘记了
So actually, it's filled with 100 billion neurons just zizzing away, electrically transmitting information, zizzing, zizzing.
事实上,大脑有1000亿个神经元,带电吱吱吱地传导着信息,吱吱吱吱
I'm going to give you a little side view here.
我来给你们看看一些侧观
I don't know if you can get that here.
我不知道你们能不能看清楚
So, zizzing away, and so...
吱吱,那么...
And for every one I know, I drew this myself. Thank you.
对每个,这是我自己画,谢谢
For every one single neuron, you can actually have
对每一个神经元来说,你事实上可以
from 10,000 to 100,000 different connections
有1万到10万种不同的连接
or dendrites or whatever you want to call it, and every time you learn something, or you have an experience,
或神经树突或不管你怎么叫,每一次你学到东西或经历了一些事
that bush grows, you know, that bush of information.
树突就会成长,就是信息的树突
Can you imagine, every human being is carrying that equipment, even Paris Hilton?
你可以想象么,每个人都有那样的装备,甚至是帕丽斯·希尔顿

重点单词   查看全部解释    
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
sympathy ['simpəθi]

想一想再看

n. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问

联想记忆
destructive [di'strʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 破坏性的,有害的

联想记忆
abuse [ə'bju:s,ə'bju:z]

想一想再看

n. 滥用,恶习
vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待

联想记忆
psychotic [sai'kɔtik]

想一想再看

adj. 精神病的 n. 精神病患者

联想记忆
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
toxic ['tɔksik]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的
n. 有毒物质

联想记忆
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的

联想记忆
neuron ['njuərɔn]

想一想再看

n. 神经元,神经细胞

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。