手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 呼啸山庄(第5级) > 正文

呼啸山庄(MP3+中英字幕) 第4期:洛克伍德先生造访呼啸山庄(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"Have you been invited to tea? 'she asked me crossly.

“是请你来喝茶的吗?”她别扭地问了我一句。
"No, but you are the proper person to invite me, " I smiled.
“不,但您应该请我,”我微笑着说。
For some reason this really annoyed her.
这话不知为何让她真的有些不悦。
She stopped making the tea, and threw herself angrily back in her chair.
茶也不沏了,怒气十足地一屁股坐回她的椅子。
Meanwhile the young man was staring aggressively at me.
同时,那个年轻人也挑衅似地盯着我。
He looked like a farm worker, but seemed to be part of the family.
他看起来像个农场做工的,但又似乎是这个家庭的成员。
I did not feel at all comfortable. At last Heathcliff came in.
我觉得很不自在。最后希斯克利夫终于进来了。
"Here I am, sir, as I promised! " I said cheerfully.
“我来了,先生,我说过我要来的!”我高高兴兴地说。
"You shouldn't have come, " he answered, shaking the snow off his clothes. "You'll never find your way back in the dark."
“你不该来,”他回答,一边抖落衣服上的雪,“天黑了你别想找到回去的路。”
"Perhaps you could lend me a servant to guide me back to the Grange? " I asked.
“也许您能派个仆人领我回画眉山庄?”我问道。
"No, I couldn't. There aren't any servants here except Joseph and the housekeeper.
“不,我做不到。这儿除了约瑟夫和女管家就没有仆人了。
Get the tea ready, will you? " he added fiercely to the young woman.
把茶沏好,行吗?”他蛮横地对那个年轻女人加了一句。
I was shocked by his unpleasantness.
他的不悦让我大吃一惊。
We sat down to eat. I tried to make conversation with the three silent people round the table.
我们坐下开始进餐。我试着同桌边这三个默不作声的人搭话。
"How happy you must be, Mr Heathcliff, " I began, "in this quiet place, with your wife and—"
“您该有多幸福啊,希斯克利夫先生,”我发话道,“在这个宁静的地方,与您的夫人和……”
"My wife! My wife's ghost, you mean? "
“我的夫人!你指的是我夫人的灵魂吗?”
I suddenly realized I had made a serious mistake.So his wife was dead!
突然间我意识到我犯了个严重的错误。原来他的夫人已经死了!
Of course he was too old to be married to that young girl.
他这个年龄当然不会娶那么年轻的姑娘。
She must be married to the young man next to me, who was drinking his tea out of a bowl and eating his bread with unwashed hands.
她嫁的一定是我旁边的这个年轻人,他正从碗里喝茶,用来吃面包的手也没有洗。
Perhaps the poor girl had found no one better to marry in this uninhabited area. I turned politely to the young man.
也许这可怜的姑娘在这人烟稀少的地方也找不到更好的人可嫁了。我恭敬地转向那年轻人。
"Ah, so you are this lady's husband! " This was worse than before.
“啊,原来您是这位夫人的先生!”这一下比刚才更糟。
His face went red, and he seemed only just able to stop himself hitting me.
他的脸红了,似乎差点儿就忍不住要揍我。
He muttered something I could not hear.
他嘟囔了些什么,但我没听清。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
annoyed

想一想再看

adj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
bowl [bəul]

想一想再看

n. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场
v.

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。