手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:这个世界需要各种心智

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I think I'll start out and just talk a little bit about what exactly autism is.

我想,我就从解释自闭症是什么来开始我的演讲吧
Autism is a very big continuum
自闭症的症状范围很广
that goes from very severe -- the child remains non-verbal --
有的自闭症非常严重,他们从小孩开始就一直不会说话
all the way up to brilliant scientists and engineers.
但也有的自闭症患者最终成为了伟大的科学家和工程师
And I actually feel at home here,
今天来到这里,我感到了家的温暖
because there's a lot of autism genetics here.
因为这里有很多自闭症的基因
You wouldn't have any...
你该不会……
It's a continuum of traits.
就是说,自闭症一系列的症状
When does a nerd turn into
比如,一个怪人变成了埃斯博格综合症
Asperger, which is just mild autism?
但你们知不知道那只是很轻微的自闭症?
I mean, Einstein and Mozart
可以想象,包括爱因斯坦、莫扎特
and Tesla would all be probably diagnosed as autistic spectrum today.
以及Tesla在内这些人今天都会被诊断为自闭症患者
And one of the things that is really going to concern me is
有一件事情让我感到很有必要去做的
getting these kids to be the ones that are going to invent the next energy things,
就是如何教育这些孩子,使得他们成为发明下一代能源的人
you know, that Bill Gates talked about this morning.
正如盖茨先生今天早上所讲到的

这个世界需要各种心智

OK. Now, if you want to understand autism, animals.

假如你希望了解自闭症或者是动物
And I want to talk to you now about different ways of thinking.
我希望先跟你们介绍一下人不同的思维方式
You have to get away from verbal language.
你需要摆脱单纯的用言语思考的习惯
I think in pictures, I don't think in language.
我是用图像来思考的,我不是用语言来思考的
Now, the thing about the autistic mind is it attends to details.
而自闭症患者很多又是对细节非常着迷的
OK, this is a test where you either have to pick out the big letters, or pick out the little letters,
好,这是一个测试,你可以从图上挑出那些大的字母或者是挑出小的字母
and the autistic mind picks out the little letters more quickly.
自闭症患者通常会更快的挑出小的字母
And the thing is, the normal brain ignores the details.
而事实上,普通的大脑是忽略这些细节的
Well, if you're building a bridge, details are pretty important
假如你要造桥,那细节是非常重要的
because it will fall down if you ignore the details.
因为假如你忽视细节的话,桥就会垮掉
And one of my big concerns with a lot of policy things today is things are getting too abstract.
而我今天对于政策最为关心的一点是,这些政策很多都非常抽象
People are getting away from doing hands-on stuff.
很多人也慢慢的失去了动手的能力
I'm really concerned that a lot of the schools have taken out the hands-on classes,
看到许多学校把手工课踢出课表,我感到忧心忡忡
because art, and classes like that, those are the classes where I excelled.
因为我恰恰是在艺术、以及手工这一类的课程上特别的优秀
In my work with cattle,
在我很牛群打交道的日子里
I noticed a lot of little things that most people don't notice would make the cattle balk.
我注意到了许多平常人不会注意到的细节,这些会使得牛群不安
Like, for example, this flag waving, right in front of the veterinary facility.
比如这面旗帜,它刚好是树立在兽医室前面
This feed yard was going to tear down their whole veterinary facility
这些牛就要把整个的兽医室都毁了
all they needed to do was move the flag.
而她们需要做的就只是移出那面旗帜而已
Rapid movement, contrast.
快进。比照
In the early '70s when I started, I got right down in the chutes to see what cattle were seeing.
70年代我刚开始做这一行的时候,我会钻进洞里,看看牛从洞里能看到什么
People thought that was crazy. A coat on a fence would make them balk,
人们把我看成是白痴。假如有山羊站在栅栏上,牛群也会不安
shadows would make them balk, a hose on the floor ...
影子会使得牛惊慌,在地板上有水龙头也是这样
people weren't noticing these things -- a chain hanging down --
但是人们并没有注意到这些,这些都是一连串的反应
and that's shown very, very nicely in the movie.
这个在电影里有精彩的展现
In fact, I loved the movie, how they duplicated all my projects. That's the geek side.
我非常喜欢他们在电影里对我的一些项目的复制。哦,这个是我的怪的一面
My drawings got to star in the movie too.
我的绘画也在电影里展现出来了
And actually it's called "Temple Grandin," not "Thinking In Pictures."
就叫作坦普·葛兰丁,而不是叫图像思考
So, what is thinking in pictures? It's literally movies in your head.
那么,什么图像思考?可以形象的说,那就是你大脑里有电影在播放
My mind works like Google for images.
我的大脑可以像谷歌图像搜索那样工作
Now, when I was a young kid I didn't know my thinking was different.
但是我小的时候并不知道其他人不是这样思考的
I thought everybody thought in pictures.
我想当然的认为,人人都是图像思考者
And then when I did my book, "Thinking In Pictures,"
后来,我开始写《图像化思考》一书的时候
I start interviewing people about how they think.
我开始对别人进行采访,看他们是怎么思考的
And I was shocked to find out that my thinking was quite different.
我惊讶的发现,我的思维方式那种方式是很不一样的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
genetics [dʒi'netiks]

想一想再看

n. 遗传学

联想记忆
verbal ['və:bəl]

想一想再看

adj. 动词的,口头的,用言辞的,用文字的

 
spectrum ['spektrəm]

想一想再看

n. 光谱,范围,系列

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
fence [fens]

想一想再看

n. 栅栏,围墙,击剑术
n. 买卖赃物的人<

 
tear [tiə]

想一想再看

n. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯
vt.

联想记忆
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
contrast ['kɔntræst,kən'træst]

想一想再看

n. 差别,对比,对照物
v. 对比,成对照<

 
balk [bɔ:k]

想一想再看

v. 阻止,突然停止,退缩,拒绝 n. 障碍,错误,失败

联想记忆
severe [si'viə]

想一想再看

adj. 剧烈的,严重的,严峻的,严厉的,严格的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。