手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:这个世界需要各种心智(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

You see, the autistic mind tends to be a specialist mind

自闭症患者通常都是有特别的心智的
good at one thing, bad at something else.
她们往往在某一方面做得很棒,在其他方面做得很糟
And where I was bad was algebra. And I was never allowed to take geometry or trig.
我就是代数非常差,更不用提几何或三角了
Gigantic mistake: I'm finding a lot of kids who need to skip algebra,
但现在发现这是严重的错误。我发现,有些孩子她们可以跳过代数
go right to geometry and trig.
直接进入三角几何的思维
Now, another kind of mind is the pattern thinker.
另外一种心智就是模式思考
More abstract. These are your engineers, your computer programmers.
那是更为抽象化的一种思考形态,通常工程师或程序员就是这样的心智
Now, this is pattern thinking. That praying mantis is made from a single sheet of paper, no scotch tape, no cuts.
看,这就是模式思考。这个螳螂就是只用一张纸折叠而成的,没有使用胶布或剪刀
And there in the background is the pattern for folding it.
在后面你可以看到折叠的纹路
Here are the types of thinking: photo-realistic visual thinkers, like me;
这就是不同的思考模式,有视觉思考者
pattern thinkers, music and math minds.
模式思考者,那是音乐家和数学家的心智

这个世界需要各种心智

Some of these oftentimes have problems with reading.

而这些人往往会有阅读上的障碍
You also will see these kind of problems with kids that are dyslexic.
你会在诵读困难的孩子身上发现这样的特征
You'll see these different kinds of minds.
你可以看到这些不同的心智模式
And then there's a verbal mind, they know every fact about everything.
还有就是言语心智。这些人懂得关于所有事情的一切
Now, another thing is the sensory issues.
另外一个就是感官问题
I was really concerned about having to wear this gadget on my face.
今天要戴这个小话筒,我可真不自在
And I came in half an hour beforehand
我必须提前半个小时把它戴上
so I could have it put on and kind of get used to it,
才能慢慢的适应它
and they got it bent so it's not hitting my chin.
并且要把它弄弯,才不至于触及我的下巴
But sensory is an issue. Some kids are bothered by fluorescent lights;
一些感官上的刺激确实是一个问题。一些孩子就会对日光灯特别过敏
others have problems with sound sensitivity.
另外一些则对声音反应强烈
You know, it's going to be variable.
不同的人会有不同程度的反应
Now, visual thinking gave me a whole lot of insight into the animal mind.
视觉思考给我带来了全新的视角去了解动物的心智
Because think about it: An animal is a sensory-based thinker, not verbal -- thinks in pictures,
你们不妨想想。动物是一种基于感官的思考者,它们没有语言,只会通过图像来,思考
thinks in sounds, thinks in smells.
还有是通过声音以及气味
Think about how much information there is there on the local fire hydrant.
你想象一下救火的管子上布满了多少的信息
He knows who's been there, when they were there.
可以看出有谁到过那里,什么时候在哪里
Are they friend or foe? Is there anybody he can go mate with?
他们是不是敌人,是否有配对的同伴等
There's a ton of information on that fire hydrant.
总之,会有一大堆的信息布满在救火管子上
It's all very detailed information,
并且都是非常详细的信息
and, looking at these kind of details gave me a lot of insight into animals.
通过阅读这些信息,使我有机会认识到动物的心智
Now, the animal mind, and also my mind, puts sensory-based information into categories.
不管是人的大脑还是动物的大脑,都是将感官的信息分类进行处理的
Man on a horse and a man on the ground
人骑在马上跟人站在地面
that is viewed as two totally different things.
这是被当成完全不一样的信息来处理的
You could have a horse that's been abused by a rider.
一匹曾被骑手虐待的马
They'll be absolutely fine with the veterinarian and with the horseshoer, but you can't ride him.
在兽医面前却表现得很安详,在马镫师面前也很温顺,但他们还不能骑那匹马
You have another horse, where maybe the horseshoer beat him up
假如另外一匹马,曾给马镫师狠狠的训了一顿
and he'll be terrible for anything on the ground, with the veterinarian, but a person can ride him.
那么这马就会很怕任何地上的东西,对于兽医也会怕,但是你可以骑它
Cattle are the same way.
牛也是这样。
Man on a horse, a man on foot -- they're two different things.
人骑在马上跟站在地上,这是两回事
You see, it's a different picture.
你看到没有,在马的眼里,是两副不一样的画面
See, I want you to think about just how specific this is.
请看看这里是多么精细的细节吧
Now, this ability to put information into categories,
这样一种把信息分类处理的能力
I find a lot of people are not very good at this.
很多人都是不擅长的
When I'm out troubleshooting equipment or problems with something in a plant,
当我在地里排除设备意外或处理种植物上的一些问题
they don't seem to be able to figure out, "Do I have a training people issue?
我身边的人似乎看不出那是人员培训的问题
Or do I have something wrong with the equipment?"
还是设备本身的问题
In other words, categorize equipment problem from a people problem.
换而言之,就是要将设备问题与人的问题分开来谈
I find a lot of people have difficulty doing that.
但我发现很多人都没有掌握这一点
Now, let's say I figure out it's an equipment problem.
比方说,这是个设备的问题
Is it a minor problem, with something simple I can fix?
那么它是一个小问题,用简单的工具就能解决呢
Or is the whole design of the system wrong?
还是整个系统的设计问题?
People have a hard time figuring that out.
但人们往往就很难找到答案

重点单词   查看全部解释    
abstract ['æbstrækt]

想一想再看

n. 摘要,抽象的东西
adj. 抽象的,理论

联想记忆
verbal ['və:bəl]

想一想再看

adj. 动词的,口头的,用言辞的,用文字的

 
mate [meit]

想一想再看

n. 伙伴,配偶,同事
vt. 使 ... 配

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
cattle ['kætl]

想一想再看

n. 牛,家畜,畜牲

 
minor ['mainə]

想一想再看

adj. 较小的,较少的,次要的
n. 未成年

联想记忆
insight ['insait]

想一想再看

n. 洞察力

联想记忆
scotch [skɔtʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伤口,刻痕 v. 粉碎,消灭,阻止 v. 弄伤,刻

联想记忆
algebra ['ældʒibrə]

想一想再看

n. 代数学

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。