手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 呼啸山庄(第5级) > 正文

呼啸山庄(MP3+中英字幕) 第11期:凯瑟琳·欧肖的房间(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

‘How long have you lived in this house?’I asked her.

“你在这房子里住了多久啦?”我问她。
‘Eighteen years,sir.
“18年啦,先生。
I came here early in 1783 when my mistress was married,to look after her.
我是在1783年初我的女主人结婚时来这儿的,来照顾她。
And when she died,I stayed here as housekeeper.’
她死后,我就做了这儿的女管家。”
‘Who was your mistress?’I asked.
“你的女主人是谁?”我问。
‘Her name was Catherine Earnshaw,'she replied.
“她名叫凯瑟琳·欧肖,”她回答。
‘Ah,my ghostly Catherine,’I muttered quietly to myself.
“啊,我的鬼魂凯瑟琳,”我喃喃地自语道。
‘She married Mr Edgar Linton,a neighbour,’added Mrs Dean,
“她嫁给了艾加·林顿先生,一个邻居,”迪恩夫人补充说,
‘and they had a daughter,Cathy,who married Mr Heathcliff's son.’
“后来他们生了个女儿,凯茜,嫁给了希斯克利夫先生的儿子。”
‘Ah,so that must be the widow,young Mrs Heathcliff at Wuthering Heights!’
“哦,一定就是那个寡妇,呼啸山庄里年轻的希斯克利夫夫人!”
‘That's right,sir.Did you see her?
“对,先生。您见到她了吗?
I looked after her as a baby,you know. How is she?I do want to know.’
她小时候是我看的,您知道。她怎么样?我真的很想知道。”
‘She looked very well,and very beautiful.But I don't think she's happy.’
“她看上去很好,非常漂亮。但我觉得她并不开心。”
‘Oh,poor thing!And what did you think of Mr Heathcliff?’
“噢,可怜的人儿!那您觉得希斯克利夫先生怎么样?”
‘He's a rough,hard man,Mrs Dean.But I'm very interested in him.Tell me more about him.’
“他是个粗暴、苛刻的人,迪恩夫人。但我对他挺有兴趣。给我再说些他的事。”
‘Well,he's very rich,of course,and mean at the same time.
“嗯,他很富,当然,同时吝啬。
He could live here at Thrushcross Grange,which is a finer house than Wuthering Heights,
他本可以住在画眉山庄这儿,房子要比呼啸山庄好,
but he would rather receive rent than live comfortably.
但他宁愿收租金也不愿住得舒坦。
But I'll tell you the whole story of his life,as much as I know,that is,and then you can judge for yourself.’
我会给您讲所有有关他的事儿,就是尽我所知的,然后您就可以自己判断了。”


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。