手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第13期:找工作(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'But why will people send their children here?' I asked.

"但是人们为什么要把孩子送到这儿来呢?"我问,
'Haworth is not a big town,or a beautiful place. How will you find children to teach?'
"霍沃斯既非大城市,又不是风景区。你们怎么找到孩子来教呢?"
'We have thought of that too,papa,'Charlotte said.
"我们也已经想到这一点了,爸爸。"夏洛蒂说,
'We must learn more,and become better teachers.
"我们必须多学一些,成为更好的教师。
I have spoken to Aunt Branwell,and she will give us the money,if you agree.
我和布兰韦尔姨妈谈过了,如果您同意,她会给我们钱的。
Emily and I want to go to Belgium,to learn French.
爱米丽和我想去比利时学法语。
If we can speak French well,then parents will send their children to us to learn that.
如果我们能讲流利的法语,那些父母就会把孩子送来学法语。"
'Emily will go?'I said. I looked at her.
"爱米丽会去吗?"我说。一边看着她。
Emily had only been away from home twice,and each time she had been very unhappy.
爱米丽只离开过家两次,每次她都很不开心。
But now she looked excited.
但这回她看上去却相当兴奋。
'Yes,papa,'she said. 'I will go.
"是的,爸爸。"她说,"我要去。
Charlotte is right-we must do something.
夏洛蒂是对的,我们必须做些事情,
And this will help us to stay together.
这还能使我们待在一起。"
'And Anne?' 'I will stay as a governess with the Robinson family,'Anne said sadly.
"那安妮呢?" "我还在罗宾逊家里当家庭教师,"安妮难过地说,
'There's not enough money for us all to go,and ...the Robinsons are not so very bad.
"我们的钱不够大家都去的,况且罗宾逊家的人也没那么坏。"
It was always like that. Anne was a gentle girl;she did not fight as hard as the others.
事情总是那样。安妮是个温柔的孩子,她不像别人那样努力地去争取。
Perhaps her life was easier because of that. I don't know.
或许正是如此,她的生活倒更轻松些。我不知是否如此。
But I thought it was a wonderful idea.
不过我还是认为这是个好主意。
I wrote to Belgium,and found them places in a school in Brussels,which was owned by a Monsieur Héger.
我写信去比利时,在布鲁塞尔的一所学校为他们找到了去的地方。那所学校是埃热先生的。
I agreed to take the girls there,and for a month I wrote down French words in a little pocket book,to help me on the journey.
我同意送她们去那儿,在一个月内我在小笔记本上记下了许多法语单词,以备旅途之需。
Then,one afternoon in 1824,we caught the train to London.
然后,1842年的一个下午,我们坐上了开往伦敦的火车。
I had not been to London for over twenty years,and my daughters had never been there.
我已有二十多年没去伦敦了,女儿们还从来没去过。
We stayed for three days,and then we took the night boat to Belgium,
我们在伦敦住了三天,然后搭夜班船去比利时,
and arrived at a tall,fine school building in the centre of Brussels.
最后到达布鲁塞尔市中心的一座高大美观的学校楼前。
Héger himself was a very polite,friendly man-very kind.
埃热本人是一个很有礼貌、很友好的人--非常和气。
He did not always understand my French,but he showed me round the school,and talked a lot,very fast.
他并不总能听懂我的法语,但还是带着我在学校转了一圈,他讲了许多话,速度快极了。
I smiled, and tried to answer.
我微笑着,努力有所应答。
The two girls were very excited when I left them.
当我离开时两个孩子非常兴奋。
As I came home on the boat,I thought:'This is a good thing,a fine thing,perhaps.
坐在船上我心想:"这也许是件好事,一件妙事。
My daughters will start a good school, and Haworth will become famous.
我的女儿们将开办一所好学校,霍沃斯也将因此而出名。
I hope Branwell can make a success of his life,too.
我希望布兰韦尔的生活成功,
Then my wife Maria will be pleased with us all.
那样我妻子玛丽亚会为我们都感到高兴的。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。