手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第16期:埃热先生和罗宾逊太太(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

She told us a terrible story.

她告诉了我们一个可怕的故事。
I was so angry!I nearly broke a chair with my hands as I listened.
我非常生气!听的时候差点把一把椅子捏碎了。
My son Branwell,Anne said,was in love with Mrs Robinson,the rich mother of his pupil.
我的儿子布兰韦尔,安妮说,爱上了罗宾逊太太,就是他那学生的有钱母亲。
For months this lady had spoken kindly to Branwell,walked with him in the garden,talked to him alone in the evenings.
有几个月,这个女人对布兰韦尔甜言蜜语,和他在花园散步,晚上和他单独谈话。
He thought she would marry him when her husband died.
他觉得等她丈夫死后,她就会嫁给他。
And then there were other things,that Anne did not want to speak about.
后来又发生了别的事情,安妮不想说了。
The letter was from Mr Robinson.
信是罗宾逊先生写的。
He was often ill,Anne told us,but his children knew about Branwell and their mother,
他时常生病,安妮说。可他的孩子们知道布兰韦尔和他们母亲的事情。
and the servants knew too,I think.
我猜想连用人可能也知道了。
Perhaps Mr. Robinson had learnt something from them,or perhaps that woman(I cannot call her a wife) had told him everything.
也许罗宾逊先生从他俩那儿看出了什么,或许那个女人(我无法称她为一个妻子)已经告诉了他一切。
Only one thing was certain-in his letter Mr. Robinson had ordered Branwell never to return to his house or to speak to any of his family again.
只有一件事是肯定的--在信中罗宾逊先生命令布兰韦尔永远不得踏进他的家门,也不能再与他的家人讲话。
My face was hot and my hands were shaking.
我的脸在发烧,双手颤抖。
I tried to talk to Branwell about it,but it was impossible.
我想和布兰韦尔谈谈这事,但不可能。
'I love her,papa!'he shouted.
"我爱她,爸爸!"他喊道,
'You don't understand-how can you?You've never seen her!'
"你不懂,你怎么能懂呢?你又从未见过她!"
'I don't want to see her,my son,'I said.
"我不想见她,儿子。"我说,
'I understand that she is a bad,evil woman.
"我只懂得她是个坏女人,一个邪恶的女人。
I hope that God will punish her and…'
我希望上帝惩罚她……"
'Don't say that,papa!'he screamed.
"别说了,爸爸!"他声嘶力竭地喊道,
'You are talking about the woman I love!She will call me back!I will see her again!'
"你在说一个我爱的女人!她会叫我回去的!我会再见到她的。"
'I hope you never see her again,my son,'I said.
"我希望你不要再见她了,儿子。"
'You must forget her. Branwell,listen to me…'
我说,"你必须忘了她。布兰韦尔,听我说……"
But he did not listen. He ran out of the house.
但他没有听,他从房间里冲了出去,
He did not come back until the evening,and then he was drunk.
直到晚上才回来,已是醉醺醺的了。
He did not listen that day,or the next day,or any day.
那天他没有听我说完,第二天也没有,以后再也没有。
He began to drink laudanum as well.
他还开始喝鸦片酊,
I thought he would kill himself.
我觉得他会害死自己的。
So I think Charlotte was pleased that no parents came.
所以我觉得夏洛蒂会高兴没有学生父母来。
No school could have a man like Branwell in it.
没有哪所学校能容得下布兰韦尔这样的人。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。