手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第18期:柯勒,埃利斯和阿克顿·贝尔(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I began to feel that there was something wrong with my head,as well as my eyes.

我觉得我的脑子开始出毛病了,眼睛也不对劲。
Several times the postman brought an old packet to our house,which was addressed to a man called Currer Bell.
有几次邮差给我们送一个旧包裹来,上面写着柯勒·贝尔先生收。
I told him that no Currer Bell lived in Haworth,and sent him away.
我告诉他霍沃斯没有叫这个名字的人,
But then,a month or two later,he came back again,with the same old packet.
可两个月后,他又把同一个包裹送了过来。
In the summer of 1846 Charlotte took me to see an eye doctor in Manchester.
1846年的夏天,夏洛蒂带我去曼彻斯特看眼科大夫。
We stayed in rooms in the town.
我们住在镇上的房子里,
The doctor decided to operate on my eyes, and the next morning we got up early.
大夫决定给我的眼睛做手术,第二天我们起得很早。
I was afraid.
我有点害怕。
Could I hold my head still while the doctor cut into my eyes with a knife?
当医生用刀切到我的眼睛时,我的头能保持不动吗?
Perhaps the pain would be too terrible.
也许会疼得很厉害。
Perhaps I would move,or stand up, or…
也许我会动,会站起来,或是……
Charlotte held my hand. As we left our rooms,we met a postman.
夏洛蒂握着我的手,我们离开家时,碰上了一个邮差。
'Good morning,Miss,'he said.
"早上好,小姐,"他说,
'There's packet here for Currer Bell.
"这儿有个给柯勒·贝尔的包裹。"
'Oh…thank you. 'Charlotte sounded sad,but she took the packet,and put it in her room.
"哦,谢谢。"夏洛蒂听上去有些难过,但她接过包裹,把它放回房间。
She did not open it.
她并没有打开。
Then we walked to the eye doctor's.
然后我们去了眼科大夫那儿。
The pain was terrible,but it was over in fifteen minutes, and I didn't move.
手术非常痛苦,好在15分钟就结束了。我坚持着没有动。
Afterwards,I had to lie on a bed in a dark room.
之后我躺在一间黑屋子里的床上。
We couldn't go home for a month.
在医院里我们呆了1个月,不能回家。
A nurse came sometimes,but Charlotte stayed with me all day.
有个护士不时来一下,夏洛蒂则一天到晚地陪着我。
I asked her once about the packet.
我曾问起她包裹的事。
She said:' Oh,it's for a friend of mine,papa.
她说:"哦,那包裹是寄给我一个朋友的,爸爸。
It had a letter for me in it. I have posted it away again now.
里面有一封给我的信,我现在已经把它寄走了。"
I didn't understand,but I didn't ask again.
我听不太明白,但没有再问。
I lay quietly on my bed most of the day, and Charlotte sat in the next room writing.
我整天差不多都静静地躺在床上,夏洛蒂则在隔壁的屋子里写作。
She wrote very fast,for many hours, and never put her pen down once.
她写得很快,一连写好几个钟头,一次也不停笔。
She seemed quiet,but strangely happy. I was happy too.
她看上去很安静,却又莫名其妙地有些高兴。我也挺高兴。
The doctor had helped;I could see again.
医生做的手术挺成功,我又能看见东西了。
It was wonderful-the colours,the shapes of everything were beautiful.
这真是太好了--所有东西的色彩和形状都是那么美丽。
When we came back to Haworth,I could see everything clearly at last-our home,the church,the graveyard,the moors, the faces of my Emily and Anne!And Branwell.
当我们回到霍沃斯时,我终于能清楚地看见每一样东西了--家、教堂、墓地、荒野、我的爱米丽和安妮的脸庞。还有布兰韦尔。
Branwell's face looked terrible.
布兰韦尔的脸看上去有些吓人。
White, thin,with big dark eyes and untidy hair.
他的脸又苍白又消瘦,眼睛又大又黑,头发蓬乱。
His clothes were dirty,he smelt, his hands shook.
他的衣服肮脏,气味难闻,双手抖个不停。
All the time he was either shouting or crying.
他不住地叫喊、哭泣,
And always, every day,he asked me for money.
而且每天都向我要钱。
I let him sleep in my room at night,
夜里我让他睡在我的房里,
and he kept me awake for hours talking about Mrs Robinson.
他就一连几个小时地给我讲罗宾逊太太,让我没法睡觉。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
operate ['ɔpəreit]

想一想再看

v. 操作,运转,经营,动手术

 
untidy [ʌn'taidi]

想一想再看

adj. 不整齐的,懒散的

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。