手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第43期:找诀窍是行不通的(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The third counterintuitive thing to remember about startups.

要记住的第三条与直觉相悖的原则
Starting a startup is where gaming the system stops working.
找诀窍在创业中是行不通的
Gaming the system may continue to work if you go to work for a big company.
如果你在一家大公司上班,钻空子可能行得通
Depending on how broken the company is you may be able to succeed by sucking up to the right person.
要看这家公司有多么腐朽了,你可能会这样讨好有可能提拔你的上司
Giving the impression of productivity by sending emails late at night.
半夜给他发邮件,给他留下个工作努力的好印象
Or if your smart enough, changing the clock on your computer, cause whose going to check the headers, right?
耍点小聪明的话,改改电脑时钟,给他发封“定时邮件”,没人会查页眉,看你到底是什么时候发的邮件
But, I like an audience I tell jokes like that to and they laugh.
我很享受给观众讲笑话,看你们笑得很嗨
Over in the business school, headers, okay.
商学院的孩子们是不懂什么是“页眉”的
God this thing is being recorded, I just realized that.
忘了在录像了,刚想起来
All right, from now on, we are sticking strictly to the script.
下面,我还是照着草稿念吧~

创业与企业发展

All right. But in startups, that does not work.

小把戏在创业中是行不通的
There is no boss to trick.
你找不到上司去讨好
There's no, how can you trick people if there's no one to trick?
没上司的话,你去讨好谁呢?
There's only users. And all users care about is whether your software.
只有顾客,顾客关心的是
Does what they want, right? They're like sharks.
你的产品能不能满足他们的需求,顾客就像鲨鱼
Sharks are, like, too stupid to fool.
鲨鱼简单得没法欺骗
You can't, like, wave a red flag at a shark and fool it, it's like, meat or no meat.
你不能晃个旗子,调戏鲨鱼,有肉就是有肉,没肉就是没肉,没法骗它
So, you have to have something people want.
你必须有让顾客满意的产品
And you only prosper to the extend that you do.
不断完善产品
The dangerous thing is, particularly for you guys,
有一点需要警惕,尤其是对你们而言
the dangerous thing is that faking does work to some extent with investors.
需要警惕的是,耍手段有时能应付投资者
You, if you're really good at knowing what you're talking about.
如果你巧舌如簧
You can fool investors for one, maybe two rounds of funding.
你可以在一两轮融资中忽悠到投资者
But it's not in your interest to.
但是这么做对你没什么好处
I mean, you're all doing this for equity.
我指的是,你这么做无非是为了股权
You're playing a confidence trick on yourself.
你其实在玩你自己
You're wasting your own time, because the startup is doomed.
浪费自己的时间,因为创业早已注定是失败
And all you're doing is, you're just gonna waste your time writing it down.
你所做的就是浪费时间,做无用功
So, stop looking for the trick.
不要再找什么窍门了
There are tricks in the startups, as there are in any domain.
和其他领域一样,创业的确也有些技巧
But they are an order of magnitude less important than solving the real problem.
但是这些技巧远没有解决实际问题重要
Someone who knows zero about fund raising but has made something users really love will have an easier time raising money.
一个人对融资一无所知,但是却有令用户喜爱的产品和那些熟谙各种创业书中的秘诀
Than someone who knows every trick in the book, but has a flat usage graph.
却产品平平没法吸引很多用户的人比,他更容易募到资金
Though in a sense it's bad news that gaming the startups stops works gaming the system, stops working now.
在创业中 “窍门”行不通,让人有些沮丧
In a sense that you're deprived of one of your most powerful weapons and afterall something you have spent 20 years mastering.
因为,你们研习了20来年的功夫现在用不上了
It is something, I find it very exciting.
我个人觉得挺有意思的
That there even exists parts of the world where gaming the system is not how you win.
竟然有些领域“窍门”用不上!
I would have been really excited in college
如果在上大学时,我就知道
if I had explicitly realized that there were parts of the world where gaming the system matters less than others.
在有些领域“窍门”不是那么重要,在有的领域甚至用不上
And some where it hardly matters at all.
我当时得乐坏了
But there are,
但是
and this is one of the most important things to think about when you're planning your future.
当你在规划未来时这是要考虑的要点之一
Got that, okay.
明白了吧?
How do you win at each type of the work?
在做不同工作时,你怎么做才能成功?
And what do you want to win by doing?
通过努力,你想得到什么?
So, that brings us to our fourth counterintuitive point.
这就引导我们进入了反直觉的第四点

重点单词   查看全部解释    
strictly ['striktli]

想一想再看

adv. 严格地

 
equity ['ekwəti]

想一想再看

n. 权益,产权,(无固定利息的)股票,衡平法

联想记忆
confidence ['kɔnfidəns]

想一想再看

adj. 骗得信任的
n. 信任,信心,把握

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
explicitly [ik'splisitli]

想一想再看

adv. 明白地,明确地

 
doomed [dumd]

想一想再看

adj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词

 
extend [iks'tend]

想一想再看

v. 扩充,延伸,伸展,扩展

联想记忆
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
extent [iks'tent]

想一想再看

n. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。