手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第19期:柯勒,埃利斯和阿克顿·贝尔(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I remembered his paintings,his stories,his happy childish laughter.

我还记得他的那些画和故事,他那快活、孩子般的笑声。
My fine, clever son had become a drunken animal.
我聪明的好儿子现在成了一个酒鬼。
The winter of 1846 was terribly cold.
1846年的冬天非常寒冷,
The wind blew snow around the house and over the gravestones.
风把雪花吹起来,在屋子四周和墓地上空盘旋。
A lot of children died in the village.
村子里大批的孩子死去了。
Anne was ill,Branwell was worse.
安妮也生病了,布兰韦尔更糟糕。
We lit fires in all the rooms,but there was ice inside the windows in the mornings.
我们在每间屋于里都生起了火,可是早上窗户内层还是结了冰。
I spent most of my time with Branwell,so I didn't think very much about the girls.
我把大部分时间都花在陪布兰韦尔上,没有太注意女儿们。
And then,one afternoon,Charlotte came into my room.
后来,一天下午,夏洛蒂来到我的房间。
I was sitting here,in this same chair,beside the fire.
我坐在现在的这把椅子上,就在炉火旁。
She had a book in her hand, and that strange,happy look on her face.
她手里拿着本书,脸上带着一种奇怪的快乐表情。
'Papa,'she said. 'I've been writing a book. I smiled. 'Have you,my dear?'
"爸爸,"她说,"我在写本书。" 我微笑着说:"是吗,亲爱的?"
I thought she had written another little book about Angria.
我以为她又写了本关于安哥利亚的小书。
'Yes, and I want you to read it.
"是啊,我还想让您读读呢。"
'Oh,I'm afraid it will hurt my eyes too much.
"噢,恐怕会太伤我的眼睛的。"
'My eyes were much better,but the tiny writing in the Angria books was too small for me.
我的眼睛虽然好了,但是安哥利亚故事里纤细的笔迹对我来说还是太小了些。
'Oh no,'she said. 'It's not in my handwriting;it is printed.
"哦,不!"她说,"不是我手写的,而是印刷的。"
'She held out the book in her hand.
然后她把手里的书递了过来。
'My dear!Think how much it will cost!
"亲爱的,想想这得花很多钱!
You will almost certainly lose money,because no one will buy it!No one knows your name !
你几乎肯定要赔钱的,因为没有人会买!没有人知道你的名字!"
'I don't think so,father.
"我倒不这么看;
I didn't pay to get it printed,you know.
爸爸,要知道我没有付印刷费。
The publishers paid me. Listen to what people say about it in these magazines.
出版商付给我钱。听听,这些杂志上人们是怎么说这本书的。"
She sat down, and read to me from some of the most famous magazines in England.
她坐下来,给我念英国最有名的一些杂志上的文章。
There were long articles in them,about a book called Jane Eyre, by Currer Bell.
那上面有几篇长长的文章,都是谈论一本叫做《简·爱》的书,作者是柯勒·贝尔。
They were kind articles;most of the magazine writers liked the book.
那些评论都很善意,大多数作者都很喜欢这本书。
'This Currer Bell, then,'I asked. 'Is it you?'
"这个柯勒·贝尔,那么说就是你啰?"我问。
Charlotte laughed. 'Yes,papa.
夏洛蒂大笑起来。"是呵,爸爸。
It's a man's name, with the same first letters:CB-Charlotte Bronte, Currer Bell.
这是个男人的名字,但和我的名字有同样的字母开头。"
She gave me the book,and went out. I began to read.
她把书给我,就出去了。我开始读它。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。