手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第22期:最好的和最坏的日子(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

And now they say that Currer Bell is a writer who understands women very well!'She laughed again.

现在他们说柯勒·贝尔是一个非常了解女人的作家。"她又笑了起来。
'My dears,my dears!' I held out my hands to them, and kissed each of them in turn.
"亲爱的,亲爱的孩子们!"我伸出手搂住她们,挨个亲了亲。
'I don't know what to say. I am so pleased for you all.
"我简直不知道说什么好了。我真为你们高兴。
You have made your old papa happy today.
你们今天可让你们的老爸爸开心了!"
'Something in Emily's face stopped me.
爱米丽脸上的表情让我停了下来。
'Emily?You will let me read your book,won't you?'
"爱米丽,你也会让我读你的书,是吗?"
She thought for a moment. 'Yes,papa. Of course.
她想了一会儿说:"是的,爸爸。当然。
But… it's very different from Charlotte's. I'm not sure you'll like it.
但是它和夏洛蒂的书非常不一样。我不敢保证您会喜欢它。"
'You yourself are very different from Charlotte,my dear,but I love you both.
"你自己就和夏洛蒂非常不同啊,亲爱的,可你们两个我都喜欢。
You must show me the book as soon as it comes-and you too,Anne.
等你的书一出来,你一定要马上给我看。还有你,安妮。"
I read both their books that winter.
那年冬天我读了她们俩的书。
They were very different.
它们的确大不一样。
Anne's book-Agnes Grey-was the story of an unhappy governess.
安妮的书--《艾格尼丝·格雷》--是写一个不快乐的女家庭教师。
As I read it,I was sad to think how miserable Anne had been,in a big house away from home,where no one understood her.
我一边读,一边难过地想:在安妮离开家,去那所大房子的日子里,她的处境曾多么悲惨;在那儿没有人理解她。
It was a good book,but it was harder to read than Jane Eyre.
这是本好书,但比《简·爱》晦涩些。
Emily's book was called Wuthering Heights.
爱米丽的书叫做《呼啸山庄》,
It was a terrible,frightening,wonderful story.
那是一个骇人而奇异的故事。
There is love in it,and hate,and fear,and a man called Heathcliff,who is strong and cruel like the devil himself.
它描述了爱情、仇恨、恐惧和一个叫希斯克利夫的男人,他强壮、冷酷,像一个魔鬼。
I read it late one night when the wind was screaming round the house, blowing snow against all the windows,and sometimes I was afraid.
我读它的那天夜里,风在屋子周围呼啸着,把雪吹到每一扇窗户上,有几次我简直被吓坏了。
When I got up to go to bed,I saw Emily sitting quietly by the fire.
当我起身去卧室时,看见爱米丽静静地坐在炉火旁,
She was stroking her big dog,Keeper,with one hand,and drawing a picture with the other.
一只手抚摸着他的"管家",另一只手在画画。
She looked like a quiet,gentle young woman,I thought.
她看上去是个安静而温柔的年轻姑娘,
Tall,pretty,and also… There was something different about her.
我想,个子高挑、漂亮、而且……有些与众不同。
Something very strange and very strong.
她有一种非常奇特、非常坚强的东西。
There was something in her that was stronger than any of her sisters,even Charlotte.
她身上有种比她任何姐妹都要坚强的东西,甚至超过了夏洛蒂,
Something stronger than even me,or her brother Branwell.
超过了我和她的哥哥布兰韦尔。
Much stronger than Branwell.
她强过布兰韦尔许多许多。
All that year Branwell was very ill.
那一年布兰韦尔病得非常厉害。
He spent more and more time drinking.
他花更多的时间在喝酒上。
He slept most of the day,and was awake half of the night.
白天差不多整天睡觉,半夜里才醒来。
His face was white,his hands shook when he tried to write.
他脸色苍白,手一写字就哆嗦。
His sisters didn't tell him about their books,or show him the new ones that they were writing.
他的姐妹们没有和他讲过她们的书,也没有给他看过她们正在写的新书。
They were afraid that he would be unhappy about their success,because he had wanted to be a writer himself.
她们害怕他会因为她们的成功而难过,因为他自己本来想当作家。
He made life hard for all of us.
他让我们大家的日子都不好过。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 
frightening ['fraitniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的

 
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。