手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第24期:最好的和最坏的日子(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Emily turned and looked at Charlotte, but I don't think she could see the heather.

爱米丽转过头来看着夏洛蒂,可我觉得她看不见石楠了。
Her eyes were too bad.
她的视力太糟了。
Charlotte put it in Emily's hands,but after a moment Emily dropped it on the floor.
夏洛蒂把花放到爱米丽手中,可过了一会儿,爱米丽把花掉到了地板上。
At last she said:'Charlotte,I…will see…the doctor now. If he…comes.' Then she closed her eyes.
终于她说:"夏洛蒂,我……要看……医生了,如果他……能来的话。"说完她闭上眼睛。
Emily was so thin,and her white skin looked like paper.
爱米丽已经非常消瘦,苍白的皮肤看上去像纸一般。
I knew it was too late,but I said to Anne:'Quick!Put on your coat and fetch him,now!'
我知道已经太迟了,可还是对安妮说:"快,穿上外套去叫医生,马上!"
We did not have long to wait.
没等多久--半小时以后医生就来了。
The doctor came,half an hour later,to tell us what we already knew.
他告诉了我们已知道的消息。
Emily,my daughter,was dead.
爱米丽,我的女儿,她死了。
1848 was a year of funerals.
1848年是个葬礼之年,
I buried many children from the village that year.
那年我主持了村中许多孩子的葬礼。
There was a lot of sadness in Haworth.
霍沃斯充满悲哀的气氛。
As I came out of the church with the dead flowers from Emily's grave,I saw three other families walk past me.
当我拿着爱米丽墓前枯萎的花从教堂里出来时,还看见另外3家人从我身旁走过,
They had come to visit the graves of their own dead children.
他们也是来给自己死去的孩子扫墓的。
The people understood that their children were with God,but no one could explain that to Emily's dog,Keeper.
人们知道他们的孩子是和上帝在一起了,但没有人能给爱米丽的"管家"解释这个。
He followed us to her funeral,and for weeks afterwards,he lay outside her bedroom and howled.
它跟着我们参加了她的葬礼,以后好几个星期,它躺在她的卧室门外,叫着。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。