手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 牙齿和爪子(第3级) > 正文

牙齿和爪子 第16期:托博莫里(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Then Tobermory entered the room and calmly walked over to the tea table.

托博莫里进了屋,沉着地走到茶桌旁。
The conversation stopped.
谈话停止了,
Nobody knew what to say to a talking cat.
没人知道该对一只会说话的猫说些什么。
At last Lady Blemley spoke:
最后布莱姆雷夫人说:
'Would you like some milk,Tobermory?'she asked in a high,unnatural voice.
"你来点牛奶吗,托博莫里?"她用高而不自然的声音问。
'I don't mind if I do,'answered Tobermory.
"我不介意来点牛奶,"托博莫里回答。
Lady Blemley's hand shook with excitement and some of the milk went onto the carpet.
布莱姆雷夫人的手激动得颤抖,牛奶洒在地毯上。
'Oh dear!I'm so sorry,'she said.
"哦,亲爱的!非常抱歉,"她说。
'I don't mind. It isn't my carpet,after all,'replied Tobermory.
"没关系,那毕竟不是我的地毯,"托博莫里回答说。
There was another silence,then Miss Resker asked politely,
又是一阵沉默,然后雷斯克小姐札貌地问,
'Did you find it difficult to learn English,Tobermory?'
"你觉得学英语难吗,托博莫里?"
Tobermory looked straight through her with his bright green eyes.
托博莫里用明亮的绿色眼睛直视着她。
Clearly,he did not answer questions that did not interest him.
很清楚,他不想回答让他不感兴趣的问题。
'What do you think of the intelligence of people?'asked Mavis Pellington.
"你认为人的智力怎么样?"梅维斯·佩林顿问。
'Which people's intelligence?'asked Tobermory coldly.
"哪个人的智力?"托博莫里冷冷地问。
'Well,my intelligence,for example,'said Mavis with a little laugh.
"这个,比如说我的智力,"梅维斯微笑着说。
'You make things very uncomfortable for me,'said Tobermory,although he did not look at all uncomfortable.
"你让我不舒服,"托博莫里说,虽然他根本不像不舒服。
'When Lady Blemley wanted to invite you here,Sir Wilfred was not pleased.
"布莱姆雷夫人想邀请你来这儿时,威尔弗雷德爵士不高兴。
"Mavis Pellington is the stupidest woman I know,"he said.
'梅维斯·佩林顿是我认识的最愚蠢的女人,'他说。
"That's why I want to invite her,"Lady Blemley replied.
'那正是我想邀请她的原因,'布莱姆雷夫人回答。
"I want her to buy my old car, and she's stupid enough to do that."'
'我想让她买我的旧车,她这么笨,会买的。'"
'It isn't true!'cried Lady Blemley.
"这不是真的!"布莱姆雷夫人叫道。
'Don't believe him,Mavis!'
"别相信他,梅维斯!"
'If it isn't true,'said Mavis coldly,'why did you say this morning that your car would be just right for me?'
"如果这不是真的,"梅维斯冷淡地说,"那么今天早上你为什么说你的车对我正合适呢?"
Major Barfield did his best to help.
巴菲尔德少校尽力帮忙,
He tried to start a new conversation.
他努力开始新的话题。
'How are you getting on with your little black and white lady friend in the garden?'he asked Tobermory.
"你和花园里你的黑白色相间的小女士朋友处得怎么样?"他问托博莫里。
Everybody realized at once that this was a mistake.
马上每个人都意识到这是个错误。
Tobermory gave him an icy look.
托博莫里冷冰冰地看了他一眼。
'We do not usually discuss these things in polite company,'he said.
"我们在礼貌的客人面前通常不谈论这些事情,"他说。
'But I have watched you a little since you have been in this house.
"但是自从你来这个房间,我就观察了你一阵子。
I think perhaps you would not like me to discuss your lady friends.
我想你可能不喜欢我谈论你的女士朋友。"
The Major's face became very red,and all the other guests began to look worried and uncomfortable.
少校的脸红了,其他客人开始担心和不舒服。
What was Tobermory going to say next?
托博莫里下一步要说什么?
'Would you like to go down to the kitchen now,Tobermory,'asked Lady Blemley politely,
"你现在愿意去厨房吗,托博莫里?"布莱姆雷夫人礼貌地问,
'and see if the cook has got your dinner ready?'
"去看看厨师给你做好晚饭了吗?"
'No,thank you,'said Tobermory.
"不,谢谢,"托博莫里说。
'I 've only just had my tea.
"我刚喝完茶,
I don't want to make myself sick.
我不想让自己生病。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
intelligence [in'telidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 理解力,智力
n. 情报,情报工作,情报

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。