手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 牙齿和爪子(第3级) > 正文

牙齿和爪子 第17期:托博莫里(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'Cats have nine lives,you know,'said Sir Wilfred with a laugh.

"要知道猫有九条命,"威尔弗雷德爵士笑着说。
'Possibly,'answered Tobermory.
"可能,"托博莫里回答。
'But only one stomach.
' "但只有一个胃。"
'Lady Blemley!'cried Mrs Cornett,'Don't send that cat to the kitchen.
"布莱姆雷夫人!"科尼特夫人叫道,"别让这猫去厨房,
He will talk about us to the cook!'
他会向厨师谈论我们!"
Everyone was very worried now.
每个人现在都非常担心。
They remembered uncomfortably that Tobermory moved freely all over the house and gardens,at all hours of the day and night.
他们不安地记起托博莫里在白天晚上的所有时间里自由自在地在房间和花园里走动。
He could look into any of the bedrooms if he wanted to.
如果他想的话,他可以窥视任何一间卧室。
What had he seen?What had he heard?Nobody's secrets were safe now.
他看见了什么?他听见了什么?没有谁的秘密是安全的。
'Oh,why did I come here?'cried Agnes Resker,who could never stay silent for long.
"哦,我为什么来这儿?"阿格尼丝·雷斯克叫道,她总是不能长时间地保持沉默。
'You know very well why you came here,'said Tobermory immediately.
"你很清楚你为什么来这儿,"托博莫里立刻说。
'You came for the food,of course.
"你来当然是为了食物。
I heard you talking to Mrs Cornett in the garden.
我听见了你在花园和科尼特夫人的谈话。
You said that the Blemleys were terribly boring people,but they had an excellent cook.
你说布莱姆雷这家人无聊透顶,可是他们有一个好厨师。"
'You mustn't believe him!'cried Agnes.
"你别信他!"阿格尼丝叫喊着。
'I never said that,did I,Mrs Cornett?'
"我从没说过那话,对吗,科尼特夫人?"
'Later,Mrs Cornett repeated your words to Bertie vanTahn,'said Tobermory.
"后来,科厄特夫人又把你的话重复给伯蒂·范·塔安,"托博莫里说。
'She said,"That Resker woman will go anywhere for four good meals a day,"and Bertie said-'
"她说,'那个雷斯克女人为了点好吃的会去任何地方吃四顿饭。'然后伯蒂说--"
Just then Tobermory looked out of the window and saw the doctor's big yellow cat crossing the garden.
正在这时托博莫里朝窗外看,看见了医生的大黄猫正走过花园。
Immediately he disappeared through the open window.
随即他从敞开的窗户那儿消失了。
Everyone started talking at once,and Mr Appin found himself in a storm of angry questions.
每个人立刻开始说话,阿普因先生发现自己被愤怒的提问包围了。
'You must stop this at once,'everyone said to him.
"你必须立刻停止这一切,"每个人都对他说。
'What will happen if Tobermory teaches other cats to talk?
"如果托博莫里教其它的猫说话将会发生什么事情?
We shall never have a moment's peace!'
我们将再不能有片刻的安宁!"
'It's possible that he has taught the gardener's cat,'replied Mr Appin thoughtfully,
"可能他已经教了园丁的猫说话,"阿普因先生思考着回答,
'but I don't believe he has had time to teach any other cats.
"但我相信他还没时间教其它的猫说话。"
'Then,'said Mrs Cornett,'although Tobermory is a valuable cat,he and the gardener's cat must die.
"那么,"科尼特夫人说,"虽然托博莫里是只珍贵的猫,但是他和园丁的猫必须死。
Don't you agree,Lady Blemley?'
你同意吗,布莱姆雷夫人?"
'You're right,'said Lady Blemley sadly.
"你说得对,"布莱姆雷夫人难受地说。
'My husband and I love Tobermory-well,we did before this afternoon
"我丈夫和我喜欢托博莫里--唉,在今天下午之前喜欢
but now,of course,he must die as soon as possible.
但是现在,他当然必须尽快死掉。"
'We will poison his dinner,'said Sir Wilfred,'and I will kill the gardener's cat myself.
"我们在他的晚饭里下毒,"威尔弗雷德爵士说。
The gardener won't like it,but I'll say it has some kind of disease-'
"我要亲自杀死园丁的猫。园丁可能不喜欢这样做,可我会说他得了某种疾病-"
'But what about my discovery?'cried Mr Appin.
"可是我的发明怎么办?"阿普因先生嚷道。
'What about all my years of work?Are you going to destroy my only successful student?'
"我多年的研究怎么办?你要毁掉我唯一的成功的学生吗?"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
valuable ['væljuəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
poison ['pɔizn]

想一想再看

n. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害
vt. 毒害,

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。