手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 牙齿和爪子(第3级) > 正文

牙齿和爪子 第20期:母狼(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'Tomorrow night?'Repeated Lord Pabham in surprise.

"明天晚上?"帕布汉姆惊奇地重复。
'Yes. Wolves usually sleep during the day,don't they?
"是的,狼通常白天睡觉,不是吗?
So a night-time journey won't hurt her.
因此白天的旅行不会伤害她。
Could you ask one of your men to bring Louisa here when it is dark?
你能让你的一个人在天黑后把她带到这儿吗?
Then he can take her quietly into the conservatory at the same time as Mrs Hampton leaves the dining-room.
然后他可以在汉普顿夫人离开餐厅的时候悄悄把她带进暖房。"
Lord Pabham looked at Clovis in surprise.
帕布汉姆勋爵吃惊地看着克洛维斯,
Then he smiled. 'I understand!'he said.
然后一笑。"我懂!"他说。
'You're going to try a little Siberian Magic.
"你要表演一个西伯利亚小魔法。
And has Mrs Hampton agreed to help you?
汉普顿夫人同意帮你了吗?
''Mary has promised-if your she-wolf is quiet and gentle.
玛丽保证过--如果你的母狼安静温顺。
'Louisa won't give you any trouble,'said Lord Pabham.
"路易莎不会给你们什么麻烦,"帕布汉姆勋爵说。
The next day several more guests arrived.
第二天又来了几个客人。
Leonard Bilsiter enjoyed telling them all about Siberian Magic and hidden powers.
伦纳德津津乐道地给他们讲西伯利亚魔法和神秘的力量。
He talked all through dinner.
他整个晚餐都在讲这些事。
When the coffee arrived at the end of the meal,Leonard's aunt spoke.
晚餐最后喝咖啡时,伦纳德的姑妈开口了。
'Dear Leonard,'she said,'please show us your powers.
"亲爱的伦纳德,"她说,"请给我们表演你的力量,
Change something into another shape.
把某件东西变成另外的形状。"
'She turned to the other guests.
她转向其他客人。
'He can do it if he wants to,'she told them.
"如果他愿意他会做到的。"她告诉他们。
'Oh,please show us,'said Mavis Pellington excitedly.
"哦,请表演给我们看,"梅维斯·佩林顿激动地说。
'Well…'began Leonard. 'If somebody will give me as mall coin…'
"这个……"伦纳德开始说,"如果谁给我一枚小硬币……"
'Oh,surely you aren't going to do stupid things with disappearing coins?'said Clovis.
"哦,你当然不会用消失的硬币做傻事吧?"克洛维斯说。
'We want to see something really surprising.
"我们想看真正令人吃惊的事情。"
'That's right,'said Mary Hampton.
"对,"玛丽·汉普顿说。
'Why don't you change me into a wolf? You promised!
"你为什么不把我变成一只狼?你保证过!"
'She got up from the table and walked into the conservatory with a bowl of fruit for her macaws.
她从桌旁站起身,端着喂她的鹦鹉的一碗水果走进了暖房。
'I have already warned you,'said Leonard seriously.
"我已经警告过你,"伦纳德严肃地说,
'It is dangerous to joke about these things.
"开这些事情的玩笑是危险的。"
'I don't believe you can do it!'Laughed Mary from the conservatory.
"我不信你会做这事!"玛丽从暖房笑着说。
As she spoke,she disappeared behind a large green plant.
说着话,她在一颗高大的绿色植物后面消失了。
'Mrs Hampton-'began Leonard seriously.
"汉普顿夫人--"伦纳德开始严肃起来。
Then an icy wind seemed to fill the dining-room,and at the same time Mrs Hampton's macaws began to scream.
过后一阵寒风吹进餐室,同时汉普顿夫人的鹦鹉尖叫起来。
'What's wrong with those stupid birds,Mary?'asked her husband.
"那些笨鸟怎么回事,玛丽?"她丈夫问。
Just then,a big grey wolf stepped out from behind the large green plant.
就在这时,一只大灰狼从高大的绿色植物后面走出来。
Leonard's aunt saw it first.
伦纳德的姑妈最先看见。
'Leonard!'she screamed.
"伦纳德!"她尖叫着。
'Bring Mrs Hampton back at once!We don't want a dangerous wild animal in here!'
"立刻把汉普顿夫人变回来!我们不想有一只危险的野兽在这儿!"
'I-I don't know how to bring her back,'said Leonard in a small,frightened voice.
"我--我不知道怎么把她变回来,"伦纳德小声害怕地说。
'Rubbish!'shouted Mr Hampton.
"胡说!"汉普顿先生叫嚷道。
'You changed my dear wife into a wolf.
"你把我亲爱的妻子变成了狼,
Now you must bring her back again!'
现在你必须将她再变回来!"
'Please believe me,'said Leonard.
"请相信我,"伦纳德说,
'I didn't change your wife into a wolf.
"我没有把你的妻子变成狼。"
'Then where is she,and how did that animal get into the conservatory?'asked Mr Hampton angrily.
"那么她在哪儿?那只动物怎么进暖房的?"汉普顿先生气愤地问。
'Of course,we must believe you when you say that you didn't change Mrs Hampton into a wolf,'said Clovis politely.
"当你说你没有将汉普顿夫人变成狼时,我们当然相信你,
'But you must agree that it all looks very strange.
"克洛维斯礼貌地说,"但是你必须承认这太奇怪了。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rubbish ['rʌbiʃ]

想一想再看

n. 垃圾,废物,废话
v. 贬损

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
scream [skri:m]

想一想再看

n. 尖叫声
v. 尖叫,大笑

 
frightened ['fraitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 受惊的,受恐吓的

 
conservatory [kən'sə:vətri]

想一想再看

n. 温室,音乐学院

联想记忆
bowl [bəul]

想一想再看

n. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场
v.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。