手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 牙齿和爪子(第3级) > 正文

牙齿和爪子 第21期:母狼(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

'How can you stand there arguing,'cried Mavis Pellington,'with a wild animal in the house?'

"房子里还有一只野兽,你们怎么还能站在那里争来争去?"梅维斯·佩林顿喊道。
'Lord Pabham,'began Mr Hampton,'you know a lot about wild animals…'
"帕布汉姆勋爵,"汉普顿先生说,"你对动物了解很多……"
'I buy all my animals,'said Lord Pabham.
"我的动物都是买的,"帕布汉姆勋爵说。
'I have never found one in a conservatory before.
"我以前从没在暖房见过。
But this is a wolf,I am sure of that.
可这是一只狼,我敢肯定。
I think it's probably a North American she-wolf_'
我想它可能是一只北美母狼-"
'Oh,who cares where it came from!'screamed Mavis,as the wolf came a few steps further into the room.
"哦,谁管她是哪儿来的!"梅维斯尖叫着,这时狼又走进房屋几步。
'Can't you offer it some food,and take it away safely somewhere before it bites somebody?'
"你难道不能给它些食物,趁它还没咬谁时把它带到某个安全的地方吗?"
'If this animal is really Mrs Hampton,'said Clovis,'she's just had an excellent dinner.
"如果这只动物真的是汉普顿夫人,"克洛维斯说,"她刚吃过丰盛的晚餐,
She won't be interested in food.
不会对食物感兴趣。"
'Oh,Leonard,'cried his aunt,'can't you use your wonderful powers to change this terrible animal into something small and gentle,like a rabbit?'
"哦,伦纳德,"姑妈嚷着,"你难道不能用你神奇的力量把这只可怕的动物变成某个小巧温顺的动物吗?比如说一只兔子?"
'I don't think Mr Hampton would like that,'said Clovis.
"我想汉普顿先生不会喜欢,"克洛维斯说。
'You're right!'shouted Mr Hampton.'I forbid it!'
"对!"汉普顿先生叫嚷道。"我不准这样做!"
'All my wolves love sugar,'said Lord Pabham.
"我所有的狼都喜欢糖,"帕布汉姆勋爵说。
'If you like,I'll offer this one a piece.
"如果你不反对的话,我会给这只狼一块。"
'He took a piece of sugar from the table and pushed it along the floor towards Louisa.
他从桌上拿起一块糖,顺着地板推给路易莎。
She ate it quickly and then,
她很快就吃完了,
clearly hoping for more sugar,she followed Lord Pabham out of the room.
然后就跟着帕布汉姆勋爵出了屋,很明显还想要糖。
The guests left the table thankfully and hurried into the conservatory.
客人们非常感谢地离开桌子,急忙走进暖房。
It was empty.
暖房是空的,
Mrs Hampton had disappeared.
汉普顿夫人不见了。
'The door to the garden is locked on the inside!'said Clovis.
"通往花园的门是从里面锁着的!"克洛维斯说。
He had quickly turned the key while he was pretending to try the lock.
他假装试着开锁时迅速转动了钥匙。
Everyone turned towards Leonard Bilsiter.
每个人都转身对着伦纳德·比尔斯特。
'If you have not changed my wife into a wolf,'said Mr Hampton,
"如果你没有把我妻子变成狼,"汉普顿先生说,
'will you please explain where she has gone?
"那么你能解释她去哪儿了吗?
Clearly she could not go out through a locked door-so where is she?'
很明显她不会从一扇锁着的门出去--所以她在哪儿?"
'I tell you,I had nothing to do with it!'repeated Leonard again and again.
"我告诉你,我与此事无关!"伦纳德一遍又一遍地重复着说,
But nobody believed him.
但是没人相信他。
'I'm leaving,'said Mavis Pellington.
"我要走了,"梅维斯·佩林顿说。
'I refuse to stay another hour in this house.
"我再不愿在这房子里多呆一小时。"
Just then Mary Hampton entered the room.
这时玛丽·汉普顿走了进来。
'What happened?'she asked crossly.
"怎么搞的?"她生气地问。
'Someone has been playing a stupid game with me.
"有人在和我玩愚蠢的游戏。
I found myself in the kitchen,eating sugar from Lord Pabham's hand.
我发现自己在厨房里,吃帕布汉姆勋爵手上的糖。
I hate stupid games,and my doctor has forbidden me to eat sugar.
我恨这愚蠢的游戏,医生不准我吃糖。"
'Well,my dear…'began Mr Hampton.
"好吧,亲爱的……"汉普顿先生开始说。
Mrs Hampton listened excitedly as he explained.
当他解释时,汉普顿夫人激动地听着。
'So you really did change me into a wolf,Mr Bilsiter?'cried Mrs Hampton.
"那么你真的把我变成了一只狼,比尔斯特先生?"汉普顿夫人喊道。
'No,no,'said Leonard.
"不,没有,"伦纳德说。
'It's all a mistake.
"那只是个误会。"
' 'Actually,I did it,'said Clovis.
"事实上,这是我做的,"克洛维斯说。
'You see,I spent two years in Russia,and I know a little about Siberian Magic.
"你知道,我在俄国呆了两年,知道一些西伯利亚魔法。
Of course,I don't like to talk about it.
当然我不喜欢谈论它。
But when other people talk a lot of rubbish about hidden powers,
可当人们说一大堆关于神秘力量的废话时,
I like to show what Siberian Magic can really do…
我愿意显示西伯利亚魔法到底能做些什么……
May I please have a drink?I feel a little tired now.
我可以来一杯吗?我现在觉得有点累了。"
Leonard Bilsiter looked at Clovis with hate in his eyes.
伦纳德·比尔斯特用愤恨的眼神看着克洛维斯。
At that moment he wished strongly that he could change Clovisin to some small helpless animal,
就在这时他强烈地希望他能把克洛维斯变成某个矮小无助的动物,
and then step on him very hard.
然后狠狠地踩上几脚。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
refuse [ri'fju:z]

想一想再看

v. 拒绝
n. 垃圾,废物

联想记忆
rubbish ['rʌbiʃ]

想一想再看

n. 垃圾,废物,废话
v. 贬损

 
helpless ['helplis]

想一想再看

adj. 无助的,无依靠的

 
conservatory [kən'sə:vətri]

想一想再看

n. 温室,音乐学院

联想记忆
forbidden [fə'bidn]

想一想再看

adj. 被禁止的

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。