手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 织工马南(第4级) > 正文

织工马南 第94期:埃比需要做出选择(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 10 Eppie has to decide

第10章 埃比需要做出选择
That evening Silas was resting in his chair near the fire, after the excitement of the day.
晚上,一天的忙碌过后,西拉斯坐在炉火旁的椅子上休息,
Eppie was sitting close to him, holding both his hands, and on the table was Silas's lost gold.
埃比拉着他的手坐在他旁边,西拉斯丢的金子放在桌子上。
He had put the coins in piles, as he used to.
他像从前一样把金币码成一摞一摞的。
'You see, that's all I ever did in the long evenings before you came to me, 'he was telling Eppie, 'just count my gold.
"你看,你来之前,我每天晚上就是这样做的,"他给埃比讲,"只是数我的金子。
I was only half alive in those days.
那时我只有半条生命。
What a good thing the money was taken away from me!
金子被偷走对我来说真是件好事!
I was killing myself with working all day, and counting money half the night.
那时我在用整天工作,整晚上数钱的方法自杀。
It wasn't a healthy life. And when you came, with your yellow curls, I thought you were the gold,
那是不健康的生活。你来的时候,因为你的金黄的头发,我把你当成了金子。
And then, when I began to love you, I didn't want my gold any more.
后来,当我开始爱你,我就不再想什么金子了。
'He stopped talking for a moment and looked at the money.
"他停了一会儿,看着金子,"
'The gold doesn't mean anything to me now.
现在金子对我毫无意义了,
But perhaps, if I ever lost you, Eppie, if you ever went away from me, I'd need my gold again.
可是一旦失去你,埃比,或是你离我而去,我会重新需要金子。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。