So, Murray, what have you to tell me about the lucky Mr Crawley?
马瑞 这位幸运的新继承人怎么样
Nothing too terrible, I hope.
希望不算太糟
I've only made a few enquiries,
我只做了一点调查
but, no, there's not much to alarm you.
但没什么需要担心的
Matthew Crawley is a solicitor,
马修·克劳利是名律师
based in Manchester.
在曼城工作
Manchester?
曼城
His special field is company law.
他的强项是公司法
His mother is alive and he lives with her.
他母亲健在 和他住一起
His father, obviously, is not. He was a doctor.
他父亲过世了 生前是医生
I know.
我知道
It does seem odd that my third cousin should be a doctor.
我远房堂兄居然是个医生
There are worse professions.
这职业算不错了
Indeed.
没错