I've bought a typewriter and I've taken a postal course in shorthand.
我买了台打字机 上函授速写课
I'm not aware that either of these actions is illegal.
我不觉得这样做犯法了
Will you tell us why? Preferably without any more cheek.
告诉我们原因 但别这么激动
Because I want to leave service.
因为我不想做女仆了
I want to be a secretary.
我想当秘书
You want to leave service?
你不想当女仆了
What's wrong with being in service?
当仆人怎么不好了
Nothing's wrong with it,
没什么不好
and there's nothing wrong with mending roads neither,
当修路工也没什么不好
but it's not what I want to do.
但这不是我想要的
I should remind you that there are plenty of young girls who would be glad of a position in this house.
你要知道有多少年轻姑娘挤破了头想来这里工作
And when I hand in my notice,
等我辞职后
I shall be happy to think one of them will be taking my place.
我无胜乐意让他们顶替我的位置