Are you all right?
你没事吧
You seem a bit preoccupied.
看起来一副心不在焉的样子
I had a...
我有
No, never mind.
算了 没事
What?
什么事
It was this afternoon, in the village, I thought I saw Mr. Bates.
今天下午在镇上我好像看到了贝茨先生
Bates? Isn't he in London?
贝茨 他不是在伦敦吗
I might have been wrong.
也许是我看错了
I walked over to where he was standing and there was no sign of him.
等我走过去的时候却再也没有看到他的身影
Do you know his address in London?
你知道他在伦敦的地址码
As long as he's still there. Why?
有 只要他没搬家 怎么了
I'll telephone Sir Richard and ask him to look into it.
我会给理查德先生打电话去证实一下
But what would he know?
但是他能查到什么
He works in newspapers.
他在报社工作
A world of spies, tip-offs and private investigators.
那里是一个有着间谍 告密者 和私家侦探的地方
I promise you he can find out whatever he likes.
我向你保证 只要他想查的都可以查到
All right, then. If you think he can help.
那好吧 如果你觉得他可以帮上忙的话
Good.
很好
I'll ring him tonight.
我今晚给他打电话
Not bad. Try to fit in a bit of practice.
不错 你可以再多练习一下
We've plenty of time to get it right before there's anyone to see me who matters.
在见重要的人物之前我们还有足够的时间去把它做到更好