French dining etiquette,
法国人的用餐礼仪
your hands are always up,
一般要求双手朝上
always at the table.
一直放在桌上
Or in English dining etiquette,
而在英国人的餐桌上
you always keep your hands on your lap.
双手一般放在膝盖上
It's very important to chew with your mouth closed.
还有一点很重要 用餐时需闭嘴咀嚼
A lot of people think this is obvious
很多人认为这点轻而易举
but during my courses and when I'm just out dining,
但是在我的课堂上 还有我出去吃饭的时候
I see a lot of people who don't do that.
发现很多人没做到这一点
and also going along with that swallow before you speak.
在开口说话前 口内的食物需咽下
Sometimes you're at a meal,
有时用餐的时候
you're having a great conversation
大家谈得很投机
and someone's just dying to blurt out that witty comment they have.
有人就是急迫地想要表达犀利的见解
Most importantly,
最重要的一点
always offer food and drink to others
在你用餐之前
before you help yourself.
先请他人用餐