手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

人类的八种智力

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Currently I think there are eight intelligences that I’m very confident about and a few more that I’ve been thinking about.

目前我敢确切地说人类有八种智力 至于更多种类的智力 还有待思考
I’ll share that with our audience.
我将会与观众分享我的想法
The first two intelligences are the ones which IQ tests and other kind of standardized tests valorize
前两种智力是智商测试和其他标准测试所评估的智力
and as long as we know there are only two out of eight it’s perfectly fine to look at them.
只要我们知道这只是八种智力中的两种就行了

bigthink20.jpg

Linguistic intelligence is how well you’re able to use language.

语言智力是你运用语言的能力
It’s a kind of skill that poets have, other kinds of writers, journalists tend to have linguistic intelligence, orators.
诗人拥有这种能力 其他诸如作家 记者和演说家往往也都拥有语言智力
The second intelligence is logical mathematical intelligence.
第二种智力是数学逻辑思维
As the name implies logicians, mathematicians, scientists have that kind of intelligence.
顾名思义 是指运用逻辑和数学的能力 科学家们就有着这种智力
They’re able to do mathematical proofs.
他们能够完成数学证明
They’re able to do scientific reasoning and experimentation.
他们能够做科学解释和实验
And it’s great to have language and logical intelligence because most tests really focus on that.
拥有语言组织能力和逻辑思维是很好的 因为这是很多考试所注重的两种智力
And if you do well in those tests as long as you stay in school you think you’re smart.
作为学生你能在考试中的高分 你认为你是个很聪明的人
But if you ever walk out into Broadway or the highway or into the woods or into a farm
然而要是到了百老汇 走上公路 进入树林或农场
you then find out that other intelligences are at least this important.
你就会发现其他智力也很重要
So the third intelligence is musical intelligence
第三种智力就是音乐智力
and that’s the capacity to appreciate different kinds of musics, to produce the music by voice or by an instrument or to conduct music.
音乐智力指的是你欣赏不同种类的音乐 通过嗓音和乐器制造音乐和指挥音乐的能力
And people say well music is a talent. It’s not an intelligence.
人们会说音乐是一种天赋 而不是智力
And I say well why if you’re good with words is that an intelligence
那我想说 为什么善用语言是一种智力
but if you’re good with tones and rhythms and timbres
但是如果你精通声调 节奏 音色呢 这是不是一种智慧的表现
nobody’s ever given me a good answer which is why it makes sense to talk about musical intelligence.
这点从没有人给过我一个满意的答案 所以讨论音乐智力是合情合理的
And at certain cultures over history musical intelligence has been very important.
而且在历史上的某些文化中 音乐智力扮演非常重要的角色
The fourth intelligence is spatial intelligence.
第四种智力就是空间智力
That’s the intelligence which allows us to handle and work in space that’s close by.
拥有空间智力的人 能够很好地感知和把握周围的空间
A chess player would have spatial intelligence.
国际象棋选手拥有空间智力
A surgeon would have spatial intelligence.
外科手术医生也拥有空间智力
But there’s another variety of spatial intelligence which we use for a much broader navigation.
但是还有另一类空间智力 我们在航海 导航时会用到它
That’s what an airplane pilot or a sea captain would have.
飞行员或者航海船长会拥有这种智力
How do you find your way around large territory and large space.
它能帮助你在大片空间里找到正确路线
Similarly with the fifth intelligence bodily kinesthetic intelligence it comes in two flavors.
相类似地 第五种智力 肢体肌肉运动知觉智力 也有两种类型
One flavor is the ability to use your whole body to solve problems or to make things.
第一类是指动用全身去解决问题或做东西
And athletes and dancers would have that kind of bodily kinesthetic intelligence.
运动员和舞者就有着这种智力
But another variety is being able to use your hands or other parts of your body to solve problems or make things.
另一类是指使用你的双手或身体其他部位去解决问题或做东西的能力
A craft person would have bodily kinesthetic intelligence even if they weren’t particularly a good athlete or dancer.
手工艺者就拥有这种肢体肌肉运动知觉智力 即使他们不是好的运动员和舞者
The sixth intelligence and seventh intelligence have to do with human beings.
第六和第七种智力是与人类本身有关的智力
Interpersonal intelligence is how you understand other people, how you motivate them,
人际关系智力是指你理解他人 激励他人
how you lead them, how you work with them, how you cooperate with them.
领导他人 与他人共事 与他人合作的能力
Anybody at any workplace with other people needs interpersonal intelligence.
任何人在任何工作场所和他人交往时都会用到人际交往智力
Leaders hopefully have a lot of interpersonal intelligence.
通常领导者人际交往智力较高
But any intelligence can be used in a pernicious way so the salesman that sells you something
但是任何智力能以一种损害别人的方式被使用出来,比如销售人员像你推销一些
you don’t want for a price you don’t want to pay, he or she has got interpersonal intelligence.
你并不想知道价格 也不想付钱的东西 他或她就掌握着人际沟通的智力
It’s just not being used in a way that we might prefer.
只是在大部分情况下 它没有被用在受欢迎的地方
The seventh kind of intelligence is difficult to assess but it’s very important.
第七种智力是一种很难评测但不可或缺的智力
It’s intrapersonal intelligence.
那就是内省力
It’s the understanding yourself.
即了解自己的能力
If we go back a way in history and prehistory knowledge of yourself probably wasn’t that important
在历史和史前时期 了解你自己可能不那么重要
because people did what their parents or grandparents did whether they were hunters or fisherman or craftspeople.
因为无论是猎人 渔民 还是手工艺者人们常常子承父业
But nowadays especially in developed society people lead their own lives.
但是如今 特别是在发达国家 人们主宰着自己的生活
We follow our own careers. We often switch careers.
我们有自己的职业生涯规划 我们常常转行
We don’t necessarily live at home as we get older.
年老后我们不一定要待在家里
And if you don’t have a good understanding of yourself you are in big trouble.
所以如果你不了解自己 你会陷入大麻烦之中
So that’s intrapersonal intelligence.
所以内省力十分重要
The eighth intelligence which I added some years ago is the naturalist intelligence.
第八种智力是我几年前加上去的叫博物学智力
And that’s the capacity to make important relevant discriminations in the world of nature between one plant and another, between one animal and another.
这是在自然界中区分辨别重要相关事物的一种能力 例如区分两种植物或者动物
It’s the intelligence of the naturalist, the intelligence of Charles Darwin.
这是一种博物学家拥有的能力就像查尔斯·达尔文一样
I missed it the first go around when I wrote about it but I tried to atone by adding it to my list.
我第一次记录时 遗漏了这种智力 但是后来我把它加回我的列表里去了
And by the way you might say well but nature isn’t so important anymore.
你可能会说 但是自然不再那么重要了
But in fact everything we do in the commercial world uses our naturalist intelligence.
但是事实是 我们在商业社会中做的每一件事情都需要用到博物学智力
Why do I buy this jacket rather than another one?
为什么买这件夹克 而不是另一件
This sweater rather than another one?
是这件毛衣而不是那件
One hair style rather than another?
这种发型而不是另一种
Those all make just the naturalist intelligence because the brain is very adaptive.
作出这些判断都需要用到博物学智力 大脑是很有适应力的
And when an old use of a brain center no longer is relevant it gets hijacked for something new.
如果大脑的某种能力在原领域逐渐被荒废 那么它很快会被运用在别的地方
So we’re all using our naturalist intelligence even if we never walk out into the woods or into the savannah of East Asia.
所以我们仍会用到博物学智力 即使我们从没有走进树林或者东亚大草原
The two other intelligences which I’m interested in, one of them is called the teaching or pedagogical intelligence.
还有两种智力我很感兴趣 一种是教学智力或者说教育智力
The intelligence which allows us to be able to teach successfully to other people.
这种智力使我们能够成功地教育他人
Now you could have two people who have exactly the same expertise and knowledge in the field
想象有两个人 他们在工作领域有相同水平的专业技术和知识
but one is a very good teacher and the other isn’t.
但是其中一个能成为非常好的老师 而另一个却不能
That probably doesn’t surprise individuals so much.
这可能不会让人们觉得惊讶
But what got me fascinated was as young as two or three kids already know how to teach.
但我觉得很神奇的是两三岁的孩子都已经知道应该怎么教别人
Now what does that mean?
这意味着什么呢?
You show a child how to do something let’s say a three or four year old
你教一个三四岁的孩子如何做一件事情
and then you ask the child to explain it to an older person or to a younger person.
然后你叫这个孩子把学到的解释给年纪稍大的人或者更小的孩子听
And even the three or four year old will explain it very differently to a young person, will go through details, point things and speak slowly.
连三四岁的孩子都懂得用非常不同的方法来教更小的孩子会讲出细节 指出重点 并说得很慢
And with an older person it would be much more elliptical and say well you do this and that and then you can figure it out.
对一个年长些的人 他会更加简略 说你这样那样就可以了
So that shows as young as three let’s say we already have teaching intelligence.
这说明3岁这么小的孩子已经拥有教学智力
The other one is one which I think is going to be difficult to prove to a skeptic but I call it existential intelligence.
另一种智力可能比较难让怀疑论者接受我把它称之为存在主义智力
And existential intelligence is the intelligence of big questions. Philosophical questions, artistic questions.
存在主义智力是思考大问题的智力 例如哲学问题和艺术问题
What does it mean to love? Why do we die?
爱的意义是什么 为什么我们会死亡
What’s going to be in the future?
未来将会怎么样
My pet bird might have more musical intelligence.
我的宠物鸟可能有比较高的音乐智力
The rats who are scurrying around the floor might have more spatial intelligence.
老鼠在地板上急跑 它们可能会有更高的空间智力
But no other animals have existential intelligence.
但是人类之外的其他动物都不具有存在主义智力
Part of the human condition is to think about questions of existence.
人生意义的一部分就是思考存在性问题
And I like to say every five year old has existential intelligence because five year old are always asking why this, why that.
我认为每个五岁小孩都有存在主义智力 因为五岁的孩童总是会问为什么这样 为什么那样
But the difference between a five year old and a philosopher is the five year old doesn’t pay too much attention to the answer
但一个五岁孩子与哲学家的区别在于 五岁小孩不会太关注答案
whereas philosophers and other people who develop existential intelligence are really very interested in how we attack questions like that.
然而哲学家和其他拥有存在主义智力的人们会真的对如何解决那样的问题很感兴趣
So again where there’s eight intelligences or ten or twelve is less important to me
世上有八种智力或者甚至十种 十二种 对我来说那都不重要
than having broken the monopoly of a single intelligence which sort of labels you for all time.
重要的是要打破单一智力的垄断 不要让单一智力成为你永远的标签
I think if we lived forever we could probably develop each intelligence to a very high degree.
我觉得如果我们长生不老的话 我们都能将每种智力发挥到很高的境界
But life is very short and if you devote too much attention to one intelligence
但是生命很短暂 如果你花太多精力在一种智力的培养上
you’re not going to have much time to work on other kinds of intelligences.
你就没有时间去培养其他智力
And so the big question is should you play to strength or should you bolster weakness?
重大的问题是你应该发挥你的长处 还是要提高你的不足呢
And that’s a value judgment.
这是一个价值判断问题
Scientists cannot give you an answer to that.
科学家们不能给你答案
If, for example, you want to be a jack of all trades and be very well rounded
如果你想成为多才多艺的人
then probably you’re going to want to nurture the intelligences which aren’t that strong.
那么可能你应该提高你偏弱的那些智力
If on the other hand you’re dead set on really coming to the top of some particular heap
另一方面 如果你奋力要成为某个领域的高手
then you’re probably going to find the intelligences that you’re strongest at and really push those.
那么你可能该去培养你最高的那种智力非常努力地去强化你的长处
And, you know, if a parent came to me and said well should we supplement
如果一个家长问我 应该全面发展
or should we accentuate I would say well tell me what you would like your child to do.
还是应该着重培养孩子某方面 我会说 告诉我你希望你的孩子干什么
Or better let the child tell you what he or she wants to do rather than say well science says you should do one or the other.
或者最好是让孩子告诉你 他或她想做什么 而不是盲信科学科学让你做什么 你就做什么
I think it’s a question of values, not of science.
我认为这是一个价值观问题 不是科学问题
Some people think there’s such a thing as humor intelligence. But, in fact, I don’t.
一些人们认为有一种智力叫幽默智力 但是实际上我不认同
I think humor intelligence is simply the operation of a logical intelligence in some realm like human nature or physical nature or the workplace.
我认为幽默智力只是逻辑智力的一部分 它被运用在人际交往 自然界或者是工作场所之中
And what happens is in humor there’s a certain expectation
人们怀有某种期望 你反转他们的期望
and you flip that expectation so it’s logic but it’s logic that’s played out in different kinds of ways.
就出现了幽默这是用另一种方式呈现出来的逻辑
People had mentioned there’s such a thing as a cooking intelligence, a humor intelligence and a sexual intelligence.
人们还说应该有烹调智力 幽默智力和性爱智力
And I quipped well that can’t be intelligences because I don’t have any of them.
我想抖个机灵 这些都不可能是智力 因为这些我都没有

重点单词   查看全部解释    
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
adaptive [ə'dæptiv]

想一想再看

adj. 适合的,适应的,能适应的

 
existential [.egzis'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 有关存在的,根据经验的

 
navigation [.nævi'geiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 航行,航海,导航

 
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
pernicious [pə'niʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有害的,恶性的 邪恶的

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
motivate ['məutiveit]

想一想再看

vt. 给与动机,激发(兴趣或欲望)

联想记忆
judgment ['dʒʌdʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 裁判,宣告,该判决书

联想记忆
surgeon ['sə:dʒən]

想一想再看

n. 外科医生

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。