手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

毒葛是有毒植物吗

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's finally summer!

夏天终于到了!
Squeaks and I are going to go outside as much as we can to play in the park and go for hikes in the woods.
我和Squeaks要尽量外出,去公园玩或去森林远足旅行。
We love looking at all the trees, flowers, and plants.
我们喜欢观察所有的花、树及各种植物。
And we're not only looking at plants!
我们不仅要研究植物,
We have to look out for some kinds of plants too.
也要小心一些植物。
One of these plants is poison ivy.
这些植物中有一种叫做毒葛。
Poison ivy is a plant that grows in most of North America, especially in the United States and Canada.
毒葛生长在北美大部分地区,尤其是在美国和加拿大。
And for most people, touching poison ivy causes a rash that can be red, bumpy, and super itchy.
对于大多数人来说,接触毒藤会引起红色疹子,它们凹凸不平而且超级痒。
That rash comes from a thick, sticky liquid that poison ivy plants make in their stems and leaves.
这种疹子是由毒葛茎叶产生的浓且粘稠的液体引起的。
But even though the name "poison ivy" has the word "poison" in it, it's not actually poisonous.
尽管毒葛中含个毒字,但它实际没毒。
Most people are just allergic to it.
大多数人只是对它过敏而已。
You might have heard of allergies before.
你以前可能听说过过敏这个词。
Maybe you have a friend who's allergic to peanut butter, or maybe you have an allergy yourself.
你可能有朋友对花生酱过敏,或你自己有过敏症。
When someone has an allergy, that means their body reacts to whatever they're allergic to, which is called an allergen.
当人们有过敏症时,意味着他们的身体对他们所过敏的东西做出反应,这种引起过敏的东西叫做过敏原。
The allergen might not normally be dangerous,
过敏原通常并不危险,
but their body gets confused and thinks that it's dangerous and tries to fight it off.
但人体可能会困惑,认为它是危险的,并试图消灭它。
Lots of people can eat peanut butter and be totally fine,
许多人会吃花生酱并且完好无损,
but in someone who's allergic, their body thinks peanut butter is dangerous.
但对一些过敏的人来说,他们的身体认为花生酱是危险的。
And that's why they have an allergic reaction.
这就是他们有过敏反应的原因。

毒葛.jpg

The same thing happens with poison ivy.

毒葛也同理。
The liquid in poison ivy's stems and leaves has a special oily chemical in it that most people are allergic to.
毒葛茎叶中的液体中有一种特殊的油性化学物质,大多数人会对它过敏。
So if you touch poison ivy, your body thinks there's something dangerous on your skin and tries to destroy it.
如果你接触毒葛,你的身体会认为皮肤沾染上了有毒物质并试图毁掉它。
Your skin gets all red, and you might also end up with bumps or blisters, which are lumps filled with liquid.
你的皮肤全变红了,你也可能会起小疙瘩或是水疱,它们都是内充液体的小包。
And these lumps itch! But if you do get a rash from poison ivy, try not to scratch it!
这些小包致痒!但是如果你因为毒葛而起包,不要挠它。
Scratching can make the itching worse,
挠它可能使你更痒,
and if your fingernails break the skin, germs can get into your body.
而且一旦你的指甲划破了皮肤,细菌就会进入你体内。
Instead, you can use cool water or special lotions to keep the rash from itching while it heals.
相反,愈合时,你应该用冷水或特殊的洗液止痒。
It usually takes 1-3 weeks to go away.
通常1-3星期,疹子就会消失。
Of course, the best way to avoid an itchy poison ivy rash is to avoid the poison ivy plant!
当然,为了避免引起发痒的毒葛疹子,最好还是远离毒葛。
So, whether you're out in the woods or even just chasing a ball that rolled into the weeds,
所以,不管你是在树林里踏青还是只为了追一个滚入杂草的球,
it's a good idea to keep an eye out for plants that look like poison ivy.
都最好留意那些看起来像毒葛的植物。
Poison ivy looks like this for most of the year.
毒葛一年大部分时间都是这样的。
Its leaves grow in groups. Let's count the number of leaves in each group!
它的叶子成簇生长。让我们数数每簇叶子的个数!
One...two...three! Yup! Poison ivy leaves grow in groups of three.
一、二、三...耶,毒葛三片叶子成一簇。
You can use this little rhyme to help you to remember what poison ivy looks like:
你可以用这个小押韵来帮你记住毒藤的样子。
leaves of three, let it be!
三片叶子成一簇就是毒葛。
Now, not all plants that have leaves in groups of three are poison ivy,
但不是所有一簇三叶的植物就是毒葛,
but if you're not sure, it's better to leave those alone, too.
如果你不确定的话,干脆所有的都远离。
In the fall, the leaves on the poison ivy plant still grow in groups of three, but they turn bright red.
到了秋天,毒葛仍是一簇三叶,但它们的颜色变成了鲜红色。
And like lots of other plants, poison ivy leaves fall to ground in winter.
和许多其他植物一样,到冬天,毒葛叶子就会落到地面上。
What's lelt behind is sometimes vine, that's look like this.
有时剩下的是藤蔓了,就像这样的。
Thick, and kind of hairy looking.
细且多毛。
Since the vine also makes that oil, you shouldn't touch it either.
由于这些藤蔓也能产生那种油,你也不能碰。
If you do accidentally touch a poison ivy plant,
如果你不小心碰了毒葛,
you should wash your hands with hot soapy water as soon as you can.
你应该尽快用热肥皂水洗手。
And since the oil can get on anything else that touches the plant,
由于这种油可以沾染到任何接触植物的东西上,
like clothes, you should make sure to wash them, too.
比如衣服,你也要清洗它们。
Oh, and even though animals don't get the rash,
噢,即使动物不起疹子,
they can carry poison ivy oil on their fur,
它们的毛上也会携带毒葛油,
so it's a good idea to keep your pets away from poison ivy.
所以最好让你的宠物也远离毒葛。
But there's no reason to let poison ivy stop you from getting outside this summer.
但毒葛并不是阻止你夏天外出的理由。
Just keep your eyes open for those leaves of three, and let them be!
只要睁大你的眼睛小心那些三叶植物,管它呢。
Thanks for joining us at SciShow Kids!
感谢收看儿童科学秀。
What's that, Squeaks?
Squeaks,那是什么?
Oh yeah, make sure to hit the subscribe button so you don't miss out on our next adventure, here the Fort!
噢,对了,如果你不想错过我们的下次旅程,一定要按订阅键哦,我们在沃斯堡等你。
Thanks guys, see you next time!
感谢收看,我们下期见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fur [fə:]

想一想再看

n. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品
vt. 用毛

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
poison ['pɔizn]

想一想再看

n. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害
vt. 毒害,

 
allergic [ə'lə:dʒik]

想一想再看

adj. 过敏的,反感的

 
vine [vain]

想一想再看

n. 攀爬植物,藤,蔓

 
rhyme [raim]

想一想再看

n. 韵,押韵,韵文 vt. 押韵,用韵诗表达 vi.

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
poisonous ['pɔizənəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的,恶意的

联想记忆
oily ['ɔili]

想一想再看

adj. 油的,油滑的,油腔滑调的

 
allergy ['ælədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 过敏症,反感,厌恶

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。