手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

我们为什么打嗝儿

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It happens to everyone

大家都有这样的时候,
You're just finishing up your lunch, maybe helping everyone clean up,
你刚吃过午餐 可能在帮人收拾餐桌,
and just as you open your mouth to say something...
你刚想开口说话,
...oh cheese! excuse yourself, Squeaks!
天哪,注意影响,Squeaks!
Burping can be embarrassing sometimes…...but everyone does it!
打嗝有时挺让人尴尬的,但大家都会打嗝。
And people aren't the only animals that burp!
不只是我们人类打嗝儿哦。
Dogs,sheep ,and cows all burp after they eat...
狗、绵羊、牛在吃完东西后都会打嗝。
...even though you never hear them say 'excuse me.
但你从未听它们说过'不好意思'
And since we all seem to do it, there must be a good reason for burping...and there is.
既然我们都会打嗝,肯定是有原因的,那是当然的。
But to find out why we burp, we first need to learn a little bit about our body's digestive system.
在找到打嗝原因之前,我们首先需要了解一些消化系统的知识。
The job of your digestive system is to break down, or, digest, everything that you eat,
消化系统的功能就是分解或消化你吃下的所有东西,
so that your body can use all of the good nutrients and energy that are in your food.
从而使你的身体能利用所有食物中的好营养和能量。
The digestive system is made of lots of different body parts.
而消化系统是由很多不同的身体部位组成的。
Some of those parts you can see in a mirror, like your teeth and your tongue…
有些你从镜子上就能看到,如牙齿和舌头
...and some are deep inside your belly, like your stomach.
而其他的如胃等在你的腹腔内部。
And in between your mouth and your stomach is a long tube called the esophagus.
在你的嘴巴和胃之间有一个长长的管道,它就是食道。
When you swallow, food travels through your mouth and throat,
当你吞咽时,食物经过你的嘴巴和喉咙,
and then moves down your esophagus and into your stomach.
通过食道进入胃部。
You can think of your stomach a little bit like a pouch, or a bag, just like a backpack or a purse.
你可以将你的胃想象成一个袋子,类似于背包或者钱包这种东西。
It can stretch a little bit when you put things in it ...but there's only so much room in there.
你放东西进去时会把它撑大一点,但它的空间只有那么大而已。
So, if things start to get too crowded, something's got to go!
所以,如果东西太多挤在一起的话,就得拿出去一些了。
And burping is your body's way of getting rid of extra gas in your stomach when there's just too much of it.
当你胃里气体过多时,打嗝是你的身体排出胃里多余气体的方法。

打嗝.jpg

During a burp, gas leaves your stomach and goes up through the esophagus,

打嗝时,气体离开胃部,穿过食道,
and leaves your body through your mouth or nose.
通过嘴巴或者鼻子离开你的身体。
And … I'm sure you've noticed … there's usually a noise involved.
我想你已经注意到了,打嗝时通常伴有声音。
But where does all of that gas come from?
但这些气体是从哪儿来的呢?
Well, that depends. If you've been sipping on a soda, then the bubbles from the soda...
这得分情况。如果你总是喜欢喝苏打水,苏打水中有气泡,
which are made of a gas called carbon dioxide... are to blame for your burps.
它是由一种叫二氧化碳的气体组成的,你打嗝的话都赖它。
But even if you haven't been drinking fizzy drinks, you're still probably going to burp.
但如果你从不喝碳酸饮料,你还是可能会打嗝。
It happens to most of us between six and twenty times a day!
而且我们大多数人每天都会打嗝6到20次。
That's because we swallow a lot of air throughout the day, mostly without even knowing it.
那是因为我们一天在我们根本不知情的情况下会吸入很多的空气。
You might get a mouthful when you stretch your mouth open wide for a yawn…
可能是你张大嘴巴打哈欠的时候吞下了一口,
... or drink through a straw, or from a water bottle…or chew gum…
也可能是你用吸管在水杯里喝东西的时候或是嚼口香糖的时候。
...or eat too fast, or if you talk too much while you're eating.
或是吃得太快,边吃边说话...都有可能。
Some foods can give you a case of the burps, too.
有些食物也能引发你打嗝。
This is especially true for foods that—while good for you!
特别是那些对你身体有益的食物。
—can take a while for your body to break down, like beans, peas, broccoli, even bananas!
这些食物需要你的身体分解一段时间,比如豆子、豌豆、西兰花,甚至包括香蕉。
There are lots of ways that air can end up in your stomach, and it all...adds up.
这些都是气体进入你胃部的渠道,所有渠道都包含在内。
Once air gets inside of your body, it doesn't have very many ways to get out.
一旦空气进入你体内,却没有很多的方法释放出来。
So burping allows your stretched-out stomach to get back to normal, and get back to doing its job digesting your lunch!
所以打嗝就能让撑大的胃部恢复正常,继续消化你的午餐。
So, a case of the burps may not be pleasant...but sometimes it's just gotta happen!
有时候打嗝可能不太好,但又控制不了。
Just be sure to cover your mouth. And you should probably say "excuse me, too … ok?
只要你捂着嘴巴,再说声“不好意思”就好了。
Thanks for joining me on Sci Show Kids!
感谢收看儿童科学秀。
Is there something that you've always wanted to know more about?
有没有你一直都想知道的事?
Get help from a grown-up and tell us in the comments below,
快请大人帮忙,在下方留言告诉我们。
or drop us a line at kids@scishow.com. I'll see you next time.
或者发邮件到kids@scishow.com。下次见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
stretch [stretʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,张开
adj. 可伸缩的

 
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
esophagus [i:'sɔfəgəs]

想一想再看

n. 食道

 
swallow ['swɔləu]

想一想再看

n. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量
vt. 吞下,

联想记忆
chew [tʃu:]

想一想再看

vt. 咀嚼,嚼碎,损坏
vi. 咀嚼

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。