手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 告别平庸的自己 > 正文

活出最乐观的自己

来源:可可英语 编辑:Jenny   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Imagine you take two dogs and put them in two different areas...

设想一下,把两只小狗放在两个不同的地方…
You shock the first dog and you give him an option to escape.
电击第一只小狗,让它可以选择逃跑。
He tries to escape, he's successful, and he gets away from the shocks.
它尝试并成功逃离了电击。
The second dog however, you put in a place where no matter what he does, he cannot escape the shocks.
然而第二只小狗,把它放在一个无论做什么都无法逃脱的地方。
He soon figures out that there's nothing he can do, he gives up, and he'll just sit there and accept the shocks.
它很快就发现什么也做不了,于是放弃了,坐在那默默承受。
Now you take these two dogs and put them in two new areas again, but this time they can both escape.
现在把它们放在两个新地方,但这次它们都可以逃走。
The first dog, who had learned that he was able to escape, will get out of there like usual.
第一只已经学会逃跑的小狗,会像往常一样逃离那里。
But the second dog will just lay there and accept the shocks, even though in this new environment he could just escape.
但是第二只小狗就只会趴那继续承受,尽管这次它可以逃跑。
This is what is known as learned helplessness, and you probably know people who act like the helpless dog.
这就是习得无助,你可能知道有些人的行为很像那只无助的小狗。
The opposite of this is learned optimism.
与之相反的是习得乐观。
Learned Optimism is basically the idea that you can learn to be optimistic, and positive, and happy.
习得乐观基本的就是你可以学会乐观,积极和高兴。
You can cultivate these things.
你可以培养这些心态。
And this is exactly what Seligman was trying to do, by running a workshop.
塞利格曼通过运行工作组来尝试这种培养。
The results of the workshop were promising...
结果很有前景。
Thirty-two percent of the students in the control group had a moderate to
控制组中32%的学生有中度
severe episode of depression in contrast to 22 percent of the group that was in the workshop.
到重度的抑郁症状,对比来看,工作组中的比例占有22%。
Also... 15 percent of the controls had an episode of generalized anxiety disorder
而且…控制组中15%的学生有广泛性焦虑症的症状
versus only 7 percent of people who took the workshop.
工作组中的这部分比例只有7%。
They also found that it was the change from pessimism to optimism that caused the prevention of depression and anxiety.
他们还发现从悲观到乐观的转变,阻止了抑郁和焦虑的发展。
And these studies are great, but even when I look at my own life, happiness, positivity, optimism...
这些研究很棒,但即使当我审视自己生活的时候,高兴,积极,乐观…
These are the things that I've had to learn and that I have to keep cultivating.
这些是我不得不学习并一直在培养的东西。
When I was a kid, I hated my life. I was constantly depressed and anxious.
当我还是个孩子的时候,我讨厌生活。一直很沮丧和焦虑。
I had suicidal thoughts for the majority of my childhood.
我童年的大部分时间里都有自杀的想法。
But that's all gone now and my life just keeps getting better, but this is something that you need to put effort into.
但现在那些都消失了,我的生活也越来越好,但是这是一件值得你为之努力的事情。

活出最乐观的自己

This is something that can be learned. So now let's look at the benefits of optimism...

这也是值得学习的。所以我们来看一下乐观的好处…
Optimists on average achieve more, have better overall health, and just lead a more enjoyable life.
通常来说乐观者会获得更多,身体更健康,生活更愉悦。
Pessimists, on the other hand, are more likely to give up, are more likely to suffer from depression,
另一方面,悲观者更有可能放弃,也更容易沮丧,
and just lead a not really enjoyable life.
所以生活也不是那么愉悦。
And the big difference between pessimists and optimists
悲观者和乐观者的最大差距
comes from their explanatory styles about whether things are permanent, pervasive, and personal...
在于他们对于事物永久性,普遍性以及个体性的归因方式…
So let's say you walk up to a girl, and you just get humiliated and rejected...
比如你靠近一个女孩,受到了羞辱还被拒绝了…
If you're a pessimist you'll think that it's permanent: I'll never be able to attract a girl.
如果你是个悲观者,你就会认为那是永久的:我从来都不能吸引女生。
If you're an optimist, you'll think that it isn't permanent: There are going to be plenty of girls who like me.
如果你是个乐观者,你会想那不是永久的:以后会有很多女生喜欢我的。
If you're a pessimist you'll think that it's pervasive: I'm just not an interesting person.
如果你是个悲观者,你会认为那是个普遍现象:我是个很无聊的人。
If you're an optimist, you'll think that it isn't pervasive:
如果你是个乐观者,你会想那不是普遍的:
It was just one isolated situation. It doesn't mean that I'm not interesting.
只是个例罢了。并不意味着我很无趣。
If you're a pessimist you'll think that it's personal: I'm ugly. Of course she's going to humiliate me.
如果你是个悲观者,你会认为那是个人原因:我很丑。她当然会羞辱我。
If you're an optimist, you'll think that it isn't personal: Well, she might have been in a bad mood...
如果你是个乐观者,你会觉得那不是个人原因:可能是她的心情不好…
And I've seen this so many times. If you have a pessimistic explanatory style, you're going to have your soul crushed.
我见过很多次这种情况。如果你用悲观的归因方式,你的灵魂会受到创伤。
Every single friend I've had who was good with women always had an optimistic explanatory style.
我认识的每一个和女性相处很好的朋友都具有乐观的归因方式。
So optimism is much more helpful to you than pessimism but you also NEED BALANCE,
所以乐观主义比悲观主义对你的帮助要大,但是你也需要平衡二者,
Just like with everything else, YOU NEED BALANCE…
和其他事物一样,你需要平衡…
Otherwise, you can get really delusional and actually end up hurting yourself.
否则,你会变得妄想,而且会伤害到自己。
Imagine if you have a really bad business idea and you're just a naive optimist…
想象一下如果你有一个非常差劲的生意点子,你只是一个幼稚的乐观主义者…
The business isn't going anywhere and you say, "Well, this isn't permanent..."
生意发展并不好,你说,“这种情况不会持续很久的…”
And you keep wasting resources on a stupid idea.
然后你继续在这个糟糕的点子上浪费资源。
You've put in six months already and it hasn't gone anywhere and you say,
你已经投入了六个月的时间,依然没有进展,你说,
"Well, it's just this part of the project that's slow, but the project as a whole is amazing."
“嗯,只是项目的这一部分进展比较慢,但是从整体上来看这个项目还是不错的。”
Or you try to get support and no one wants to go along with your terrible idea and you say,
或者是,你想获得支持,但没人愿意附和你那个糟糕的想法,你会说,
"Well, they were probably just in a bad mood today."
“可能他们只是今天心情不好吧。”
I don't know if I would call this person an optimist or just an idiot.
我真不知道是应该把他称之为乐观主义者呢,还是笨蛋。
The biggest problem with optimism is when it's not balanced,
乐观主义最大的问题就是在它没有得到平衡的时候,
because you might end up not taking responsibility when you need to.
因为你可能最终没有承担应有的责任。
So I would absolutely recommend being optimistic but at the same time balancing it out with pessimism,
所以我肯定还是建议要保持乐观理念,但是同时要维护好它和悲观主义的平衡,
or not even pessimism in my opinion, but just simply realism.
或者是在我看来不叫悲观主义,可以简单理解为现实主义。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
isolated ['aisəleitid]

想一想再看

adj. 分离的,孤立的

 
majority [mə'dʒɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 多数,大多数,多数党,多数派
n.

 
naive [nɑ'i:v]

想一想再看

adj. 天真的,幼稚的

联想记忆
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
pessimism ['pesimizəm]

想一想再看

n. 悲观,悲观主义

联想记忆
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆
pessimist ['pesimist]

想一想再看

n. 悲观主义者

 
depressed [di'prest]

想一想再看

adj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。