手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

绕桶赛选手残疾之后的世界冠军梦

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

A horse knows what they're supposed to do by what your legs are asking.

马懂你双腿的诉求,它们知道它们应该怎么做。
The way you sit in that saddle, the way your legs move, the way your calves tighten, the way your feet bump a horse,
你坐在马鞍上的姿势,双腿活动的方式,小腿绷紧的方式,双脚打马的方式,
all of those things are communication.
所有这些都是交流。
I guess you could see I'm at a disadvantage.
我想,你能看出来我有残疾。
I can only use my hands and my voice to communicate with my horse,
我只能用手和声音跟我的马交流,
because I can't move my legs.
因为我的腿动不了。
My name is Amberley Snyder, and I'm a professional barrel racer.
我叫安伯丽·斯奈德,是一名绕桶赛的职业选手。
Barrel racing is a speed event in the world of rodeo.
绕桶赛是竞技比赛中的速度项目。
There are three barrels set up in the arena,
赛场上有三个桶,
and you do a cloverleaf pattern around those barrels and it's all timed,
选手以三叶草的形状绕着这些桶骑马,所有动作都是要计时的,
so the fastest time wins.
所以用时最快的将赢得比赛。
Barrel racing isn't just what I do;
绕桶赛不单单是我的职业;
my horses and competing in rodeo, it's a part of who I am.
我的马以及参加竞技比赛是我生命的一部分。
I started riding at three and competing in barrel racing at the age of seven.
我三岁开始骑马,7岁开始参加绕桶赛。
Just have loved it ever since then,
从那时起我就爱上了这项比赛,
I mean I've done it all through junior rodeo days, up into high school, college rodeo, and now into the professional level.
我是说,我从初中赛,高中赛,大学赛一直走到了现在的职业赛阶段。
Only days before I was going to buy my pro rodeo permit,
不久前,我去买职业马术资格证,
I was in a rollover car accident where I was ejected and broke my back,
路上翻车了,我被撞了出去,伤到了我的背,
which paralyzed me from the waist down.
导致我腰部以下瘫痪了。
Doctors told me slim to no chance that I would be able to walk again.
医生告诉我,我没有可能重新走路了。
It was going to be impossible to ride.
骑马也不可能了。
That wasn't an option for me, riding was what I was going to do, I didn't care what had to happen.
我不会做那样的选择,我要骑马,我不在乎别的。
After I started doing therapy, sensation started coming back in my legs.
我开始做一些治疗,我的腿部也开始恢复知觉了。
When I got back on my horses, that only got better.
我再次骑上马时,感觉更好了。
绕桶赛

The very first time I got back on my horse, I realized that it wasn't going to be the same.

那是我第一次重新回到我的马背上,我意识到今时不同往日了。
The biggest change is balance.
最大的变化的平衡。
I went through modifications, seatbelt on my saddle, Velcro straps around my legs, all these pieces that made it so that I could ride.
我做了一些调整,在马鞍上装了安全带,用尼龙搭扣把腿绑上,所有这些都是为了我能够重新开始骑马。
The horse I have now, his name is Legacy, aka Legs.
我现在的这匹马叫传奇,也叫“腿腿”。
I named him that because that's what he becomes every time I get to leave my wheelchair in my trailer.
我这样叫他因为每次我把轮椅放在拖车上之后它就成了我的双腿。
I now have to use my hands and my voice where my legs were now a piece I couldn't use.
现在,我只能用我的双手和我的声音了,我的腿已经只是个摆设了。
He's the one that has made all of those impossible things possible.
它让所有的不可能都成了可能。
I mean he is the one that has brought me back into that arena to be not just a participant but a competitor.
我的意思是,它让我重回赛场,不单单是一个参赛者,更重要的是一个竞争对手。
To make the national finals rodeo and be a world champion barrel racer is my biggest goal.
对我而言,冲进全国绕桶赛的决赛,成为绕桶赛的世界冠军是我最大的梦想。
I've won over 70 buckles before my accident,
出事之前我拿了70多个巴扣,
but this buckle, this is my first buckle I won since my accident.
但是这个巴扣,它是我出事以后赢的第一个巴扣。
Took me six years to get to win this one.
我花了6年时间才拿到它。
There's been points where I wanted to quit,
这中间我有想放弃的时候,
there's been points where it's been too hard.
也有觉得坚持不下去的时候。
It doesn't matter what the odds are, it doesn't matter what people say,
但是,成功的几率不重要,别人说什么也不重要,
you're the only one that gets to decide what you're capable of.
你才是那个能够决定你能做什么的人。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pattern ['pætən]

想一想再看

n. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型
v. 以图案

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
waist [weist]

想一想再看

n. 腰,腰部

 
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权
v. 给予选

联想记忆
communication [kə.mju:ni'keiʃn]

想一想再看

n. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信

 
sensation [sen'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 感觉,感知力,激动,轰动

联想记忆
disadvantage [.disəd'væntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 不利,不利条件,损害,损失

 
permit ['pə:mit,pə'mit]

想一想再看

n. 许可证,执照
v. 允许,许可

联想记忆
legacy ['legəsi]

想一想再看

n. 祖先传下来之物,遗赠物
adj. [计算

联想记忆
participant [pɑ:'tisipənt]

想一想再看

n. 参与者

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。