手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一分钟美语 > 正文

大发雷霆 Off the Deep End

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome to English in a Minute!

欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Going off the deep end sounds dangerous.
大发雷霆听起来很危险。
Off the Deep End
大发雷霆
I wonder if Jonathan and Anna will need special equipment to explain this expression.
我想知道乔纳森和安娜是否需要特设设备来解释这个表达。
I heard that John got kicked out of a restaurant last night. What happened?!
我听说昨天晚上约翰被人从饭店里赶了出来。怎么回事?!
It was crazy! So, we were eating dinner and I just asked him about his new job.
太不可思议了!当时我们在吃饭,我就问了一下关于他新工作的事。

142.jpg

Didn't you hear? He got fired yesterday.

你没听说吗?他昨天被炒鱿鱼了。
No, I didn't. But he totally went off the deep end, yelling and throwing food.
没有,我不知道。但是他就大发雷霆,大喊大叫,还到处扔食物。
The deep end in a swimming pool is where the water is the deepest.
游泳池里的深端是指水最深的地方。
In spoken American English, to go "off the deep end" means to lose control of your emotions, usually anger or sadness.
在美式英语的口语中,“off the deep end”是指情绪失控,通常是指失去对愤怒和悲伤的控制。
And taht's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。