手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 囧司徒每日秀视频 > 正文

弗格森事件与种族无关?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

For more we're joined by senior black correspondent

今天我们请到了高级记者,
and host of the upcoming Nightly Show with Larry Willmore.
以及即将播出的《夜间秀》主持人拉里·威尔莫尔。
Mr. Larry Willmore. Nice to see you. Thank you for being here.
欢迎你威尔莫尔。欢迎来到节目现场。
I'm excited about the Nightly Show. Thank you.
《夜间秀》真的非常棒。谢谢。
I'm excited. I'm excited about that.
很棒,真的很棒。
The Nightly Show, when does that start?
《夜间秀》是什么时候开始播出的?
I believe actually January 19th. Oh yes. Martin Luther King Day.
应该是1月19日。恩对的,那天是马丁路德金日。
I have a job.
我有工作了。

弗格森事件 与种族无关?

Larry, if I may, there's been some talk

拉里我想问你的是,
that none of these events of the past few weeks have actually been about race.
过去几周发生的这些事情,没有一件是真的和种族有关的。
The real epidemic it is young black men killing other young black men.
如今的趋势是年轻的黑人男子枪杀其他黑人男子。
93% of blacks are shot by other blacks.
有93%的黑人遭到了其他黑人的枪击。
They're killing each other. They don't talk about that.
他们互相残杀,但他们却缄默不语。
When do you hear them talk about, how do we really reduce crime.
你什么时候听过他们说,我们该怎么做来抑制犯罪。
Well, you know, Larry, what do you say to those people?
拉里,你想对这些人说些什么?
Oh I don't know, John, I would say they should probably go... themselves. Maybe?
恩我不知道,我会说他们应该去见鬼吧,或许会这么说。
I see what you're saying. Well no, John. Alright.
我明白你的意思。听我说约翰,恩恩。
First of all, can we quit calling it "Black-On-Black Crime".
首先,我们不应该将他们称为“黑与黑之战”。
It's just crime, okay.
犯罪,仅此而已。
I mean, "Black-On-Black" just makes it sound like a category on RedTube. That's a porn site, John.
“黑与黑”有点像“RedTube”上的节目名称,“RedTube”是个色情网站。
Oh, that's a, oh yes, that's right. That's a, you have it bookmarked.
哦我知道的,那是个,这网站你不是已经加入书签了吗。
Do I have it bookmarked?
我加书签了吗?
I only bookmark it so I can pick up where I left off in the story.
我加书签是为了让我记住上次是在哪停的。
Where did you leave off? They were...
你上次在哪停的?他们是...
So, spoiler alert. I'm not going to tell you how it ends but get a towel.
我不能剧透,我不会说结局如何,只能告诉你有一条毛巾。
You don't think a conversation about "Black-On-Black Crime" should be happening now?
你觉得我们不应该现在讨论关于“黑与黑之战”的话题,对吗?
It is, John. But it's a "Black-On-Black" conversation.
我们应该讨论。但这个话题是有关“黑与黑”的。
I mean, just because you're not hearing it doesn't mean it's not happening.
你没听过不代表它没发生,对吗?
Go to any black church on a Sunday.
找个周日去黑人教堂看看。
Well that's, I would love to hear that conversation.
我喜欢这类的讨论。
Could I listen to it some time?
但我能时长听到吗?
Sure which black church do you attend, brother?
当然,你去的是哪个黑人教堂?
I go to the First Temple Baptist Black Church.
我去的是第一浸信会黑人教堂。
That's okay, John. I don't go either. Oh, alright. Sorry.
没关系约翰,我也没去过。好吧,对不起。
But it's not like black criminals are the only thing killing black people.
但黑人罪犯并不是杀害黑人的唯一因素。
Diabetes, stroke and heart disease are kicking Black-On-Black Crime' ass. Okay?
糖尿病、中风和心脏病也在给“黑与黑”捣乱。
But nobody is saying we need to get get rid of those before we can talk about racism.
但没人会要求我们在讨论种族主义之前把这些先搞定。
Well so, do you think people are using this argument
你觉得人们会不会用这样的言论来,
as a way to invalidate the righteous nature of any of the protests.
来让一切正义的抗议活动变味。
Well, John. People are using a lot of arguments to invalidate the protests.
其实是,人们捣乱这些抗议的手段还多着呢。
The protesters who did not loot or burn or assault the police
没有参与掠夺,烧毁或是攻击警察的抗议者,
but who remained in the fray are guilty of aiding and abetting
由于处在混乱中而被指帮助或煽动作乱者,
those who did by providing them cover and support.
为他们打掩护,提供支持。
It set back race relations in America years.
美国种族关系进一步恶化。
The violent protests actually created more bias against blacks.
此次暴力示威实际上加深了对黑人的偏见。
More bias against black people?
加深偏见?
Oh, no black people, we were so close.
不要啊,我们是多么相亲相爱啊。
What did you do? Stupid black people.
你们到底做了什么?我的黑人同胞们。
You know, I have a dream, John, that one day the actions of a few white people
我有个梦想,就是有一天能够看到几个白人青年犯事,
will be seen as discrediting their entire race.
他们的罪行将白种人抹黑。
Well, everyone keeps making excuses. Be it crime or other issues.
所有人都在找借口。犯罪或是别的问题。
For why we can't talk about racism. Or why it's not racism.
比方说我们没法探讨种族主义问题。或是为什么不是种族主义。
How do we end racism?
但我们究竟如何终结它?
John, we won't end it. The world has always been like this.
我们没法终结它,这个世界就是这样。
Brother against brother. Tribe against tribe.
兄弟之间厮杀,部落之间的战争。
It's not just going to go away. It's part of our DNA.
我们没法终结它。它已经在我们的血液里。
We're raceaholics, John.
我们是种族狂热者。
We will always be in recovery.
我们永远处在恢复阶段。
The best we can hope for is to manage it.
但我们要做的是管理它。
So, I guess we're never actually going to get that 30-day chip, are we?
我想说那30天的免费薯条是得不到了,对吧?
I mean, we're not even at the meeting yet.
我们甚至还没讨论此事。
We're still lying in a pool of our own vomit going.
我们依然躺在水洼中呕吐。
I'm fine, I'm fine. Just gotta, I'll be okay.
我没事,没事。
Thank you very much, Larry. Larry Wilmore, everybody. We will be right back.
谢谢你拉里,拉里·威尔莫尔朋友们。我们马上回来。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
category ['kætigəri]

想一想再看

n. 种类,类别

 
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
guilty ['gilti]

想一想再看

adj. 有罪的,内疚的

 
righteous ['raitʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 公正的,公义的,当然的

联想记忆
violent ['vaiələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的

 
invalidate [in'vælideit]

想一想再看

vt. 使无效,使作废

联想记忆
correspondent [.kɔri'spɔndənt]

想一想再看

n. 通讯记者,通信者
adj. 与 ...

联想记忆
epidemic [.epi'demik]

想一想再看

n. 传染病,流行病
adj. 流行的,传染性

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。