手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

磁铁有什么作用

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This is one of my favorite toys.

这是我最喜欢的玩具之一。
All I have to do is hold them like this...and they stick together, without any glue or tape!
我要做的就是像这样拿着它们...不用任何胶水和胶带,它们就粘在了一起。
Maybe you have a toy like ours, one that has parts that stick together.
或许你也有一个我们这样的玩具,零件可以粘在一起。
Or maybe you have letters that stick to your refrigerator, or a whiteboard.
又或者你有粘在冰箱或白板上的字母贴。
Did you ever wonder why they don't just fall to the ground?
你好奇过它们为什么没掉到地上吗?
Well, it's because they use magnets.
这是因为它们利用了磁铁。
A magnet is something that can put a special kind of force on something else.
磁铁是一种能把特殊的力施加到其他东西上的物体。
A force can be a push or a pull.
这种力可以是推力,也可以是拉力。
A lot of the time, we think about a magnet as attracting, or pulling on something else.
很多时候,我们认为磁铁能够吸住其他物体。
The magnets that are in my toy pull on, or attract this little ball,
我玩具里的磁铁能拉住或吸住这个小球,
and when they get close enough, they stick to each other!
当它们足够近时,就粘在了一起。
If you have a magnet at home, you can see how it attracts this kind of paper clip.
如果你家里有磁铁,你就能看到它如何吸住这种曲别针。
If I move the magnet slowly toward the paper clip...
如果我移动磁铁缓慢地靠近曲别针...
the magnet pulls on the paper clip until the two objects are completely stuck together.
磁铁就会拉动曲别针,直到两者完全地粘在一起。
And once they're stuck, they stay stuck, until I put a force of my own on the paper clip by pulling them apart!
一旦它们粘在了一起,就会一直粘着,直到我在曲别针上施力将它们拉开!
You might have noticed that I didn't even have to touch the magnet to the paper clip to get them to stick together!
你可能注意到了我没有让磁铁接触曲别针,使它们粘在一起。
That's because there's an invisible area all around that magnet that can attract certain things, called the magnetic field.
这是因为磁铁周围有一个看不见的区域,它可以吸引某些东西,这个区域叫做磁场。
You can see how strong a magnet is by seeing how close you have to get to the object before the magnet starts to pull.
你可以通过磁铁开始拉动物体的距离来判断它的强弱。
If your magnet is pretty strong, it will be able to pull on objects that are farther away than weaker magnets.
如果你的磁铁较强,它能比较弱的磁铁拉动更远的物体。
And a magnetic field can do some pretty neat things.
磁场可以做一些奇妙的事。
Check this out! If I put my paper clip on top of the paper, and my magnet below the paper...
来看这个!如果我将曲别针放在纸的上面,把磁铁放在纸的下面...
I can move the paper clip without using my fingers at all!
我根本不用手指就能移动曲别针!
That's because the invisible magnetic field pulls on the paper clip right through the paper.
这是因为看不见的磁场能够透过纸张拉动曲别针。
Even though the magnet isn't actually touching the paper clip, it's still pulling on it,
即使磁铁没有直接接触曲别针,它仍能在曲别针上施加拉力,
and that's enough to make the paper clip move!
这种拉力足以使曲别针移动!

磁铁.jpg

But just because something is attracted by a magnet, that doesn't mean it's a magnet itself.

但这仅仅是因为某物被磁铁吸引,并不意味着它本身就是磁铁。
For example, we just saw that my magnet sticks to this paper clip.
例如,我们刚刚看到我的磁铁粘住了这个曲别针,
But the paper clip won't attract or stick to another paper clip!
但这个曲别针不能吸住或粘住另一个曲别针!
That's because it's the magnet that's special, and doing the attracting.
这是因为磁铁是特殊的,具有吸力。
Now, magnets don't attract all things.
但磁铁不能吸所有的物体。
For example, this magnet doesn't stick to me, but it does stick to Squeak's nose!
例如,这个磁铁不能粘住我,却能粘住吱吱的鼻子!
The magnet also isn't attracted to the table.
它也不能粘住桌子。
But we already know it attracts the paper clip!
但我们已经知道磁铁能吸住曲别针了!
Hmmm...I wonder what other things will stick to my magnet?
嗯...我在想磁铁还能粘住什么东西。
Let's go find something around Fort and do our experiment.
让我们在沃斯堡周围找些东西,做实验吧。
Okay, I have some spoons from the Fort's kitchen.
我从厨房里找到了一些勺子。
Let's play a game:I'll hold up a spoon, and you and Squeaks can guess if the magnet will attract it or not!
我们做个游戏:我举一个勺子,你和吱吱猜猜磁铁是否能吸住它!
First, let's try this wooden spoon. What do you think, Squeaks?
首先,我们试试木勺。吱吱,你怎么想得?
Good guess, let's try it.
猜得不错,我们试试!
You're right, it doesn't attract the wood.
你猜对了,它不能吸住木勺。
Okay, let's try this plastic spoon, what do you think, Squeaks?
那好,我们试试这个塑料勺子,吱吱,你觉得怎么样?
No again? Let's try.
又不行吗?我们试试。
You're right again! Magnets also don't attract plastic. Okay, let's try the last one?
你又猜对了!磁铁也不能吸住塑料。好了,我们试试最后一个?
What do you think is it going to stick?
你认为它们能粘住吗?
Okay, let's try!
好了,我们试试。
Ah...They do. They stick! Look at that! So, let's see...of all the things we tried,
啊...它们。它们粘住了。看!所以,我们看看…所有尝试过的东西,
the magnet was only attracted to Squeak's face, the little tiny ball, the paper clip and the spoon!
磁铁只能粘住吱吱的脸、小球、曲别针和这个勺子!
And there's something they all have in common, something that makes them similar enough to be attracted to my magnet.
它们有一些共同点和相似点,使得它们被磁铁粘住。
What do you think it is, Squeaks?
吱吱,你认为那是什么?
You are right! They're all made of metal.
说得对!它们都是金属制品。
Things that are made of metal are usually pretty shiny, and they're often hard, and kind of heavy for their size,
金属制品一般都很闪亮,很坚硬,密度大,
like how the metal spoon is heavier than the plastic spoon, even though they're around the same size.
比如,同等大小的金手勺比塑料勺要重。
A magnet attracts things that have metal in them, but only certain kinds of metal, not all kinds.
磁铁可以吸住含金属的物体,但也只是特定种类的金属,不是所有种类的金属都能被吸住。
Our magnet attracts this paper clip, but not this coin, even though they're both made of metal.
我们的磁铁能够吸住这个曲别针,但不能吸住这个硬币,尽管它们都是由金属制成的。
One type of metal that is attracted to magnets is called iron.
能被磁铁吸住的一类金属叫做铁。
People use iron to make lots of different things,
人们利用铁能制作很多东西,
like fences and gates; some kinds of pots and pans; and lots of tools, like nails and screws.
如栅栏和大门;一些锅碗瓢盆;还有很多工具,如钉子和螺丝。
And when a magnet sticks to a fridge, that's because there's iron inside the door, even though you can't see it!
磁铁能粘在冰箱上,是因为冰箱门里面含铁,即使你看不见!
People use metals like iron to make something else, too.
人们还利用铁之类的金属制作其他物品。
Iron is one of a group of special metals that people can make into magnets.
铁是人们制作磁铁的一种特殊金属。
Iron can do both, it can be a magnet, and it can be attracted to a magnet!
铁有双重用途,既可以是磁铁,也可以吸引磁铁!
If you're curious about what other kinds of things are attracted to magnets,
如果你对吸住磁铁的其他物品感兴趣,
you can ask a grownup to help you experiment!
你可以找个大人帮忙做这个实验!
If you have a magnet, you can hold it up to different kinds of things,
如果你有磁铁,你可以拿着它靠近不同的物体,
and see if you can guess what the magnet will attract!
看看磁铁会吸住什么物品!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button.
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅按钮吧!
And we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
glue [glu:]

想一想再看

n. 胶,胶水,胶粘物
vt. 粘贴,紧附于

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
magnetic [mæg'netik]

想一想再看

adj. 有磁性的,有吸引力的,催眠术的

联想记忆
invisible [in'vizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 看不见的,无形的
n. 隐形人(或物

 
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
refrigerator [ri'fridʒə.reitə]

想一想再看

n. 冰箱

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
magnet ['mægnit]

想一想再看

n. 磁体,磁铁,有强大吸引力的人或物

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。