手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 校园英语 > 正文

Just Landed 抵达

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello and welcome to English at University - the series that teaches some English phrases to help you through your first year of study abroad.

欢迎来到校园英语——这个系列会教给你一些在国外留学第一年会用到的实用单词短语。
Mary's just landed in London and is heading off for the University of Studies – but there's a problem – she's already lost.
玛丽刚刚抵达伦敦,正要出发踏上去“学习”大学的路,但是现在她碰到了麻烦——迷路了。
Mary, what's happened?I think I got off at the wrong station and now I don't know which way to go.
玛丽,发生什么了?我觉得我下车下错站了,现在不知道往哪走。
It's time to ask for help.Don't be scared.
这时候你该去请别人帮助啦。别害怕。

xyyy2.png

You'll find Londoners helpful and friendly people.

你会发现伦敦人都是很友好很乐意助人的。
Just be polite and ask them the way and see what they say.
只要礼貌一点去问他们路,听听他们怎么说就好。
OK.Here goes.Err, help me will you?I don't know where to go.
好吧,那我现在去问。额,帮我一下,行吗?我不知道怎么走了。
What? Sorry, I'm in a rush.You need to be polite, smile and start with 'excuse me'…
什么?抱歉,我赶时间。你得礼貌一点,保持微笑,先说“不好意思打扰一下”……
OK then. Excuse me… could you tell me the way to the University of Studies… please?
好吧。不好意思,能请你告诉我一下去“学习”大学的路吗?
No. Never heard of it.Oh dear. How am I going to find my way there?
不知道,从来没听说过。哎天呐,我要怎么才能找到去那里的路啊?
Oh, I'll ask him… I wonder if you could help me… please?Are you lost? !
哦我问问这个人吧……请问……你能帮我一下吗?你迷路了吗?!
Yes, I am. Please could you give me directions to the University of Studies?
是的,我迷路了。能请你告诉我怎么去“学习”大学吗?
Yeah. Of course. I'm going there myself. It's my first day…
当然了,我这就要自己去那呢。这是我第一天……
Me too! I don't suppose you could show me the way, could you?
我也是!那我估计你没法给我指路了,对吧?
… I don't know why I'm studying there though.I should have gone to Oxford or Cambridge…
……我都不知道我为什么要去那上学。我应该去牛津或者剑桥的……
I did so well in my A levels… but I suppose I can share my 'wisdom' with the other undergraduates… anyway…
我高级课程学的特别棒……但是我觉得我应该也可以和其他同学分享一下我的“智慧”……不管怎么说……
Ermm, there's a sign……my name's Daniel by the way. Are you just visiting?No. I said I'm studying here too.
额,那有一个标识……哦对了,我叫丹尼尔,你只是来旅游的吗?不是,我说过我也在这上学。
My names Mary and look… there's a sign for the university.Nice to meet you Mabel.
我叫玛丽,看那,有一个去学校的标志。很高兴认识你,梅布尔。
I think it's a left turn here then straight on.Oh dear Mary.
我觉得应该是从这左转然后直走。哦,可怜的玛丽。
Let's hope he's not doing the same course as you.He sounds like a complete loser – an idiot.
让我们祈祷一下这人不是和你一个专业的吧。他听起来完全就是瞎扯——像一个傻子一样
Anyway, while Daniel's showing her where to go, let's look at the phrases she used to ask for directions…
丹尼尔正在给玛丽指路,让我们学习一下她用到的问路句型……
Excuse me, could you tell me the way to…I wonder if you could help me please?
不好意思,请问我怎么去……请问你可以帮我一下吗?
Please could you give me directions to…I don't suppose you could show me the way, could you?
请给我指一下到……的路,行吗?我估计你没法给我指路了,对吧?
You can practice these phrases, pick up a few more plus learn some top tips for travelling in the UK on our website at BBC Learning English dot com.
你可以练练这几个句子,再来BBC Learning English.com看看,多学习一下有关英国旅游的相关小贴士。
Now, back to Mary… I've got a feeling she's asked the wrong person for directions.
现在让我们回去看看玛丽……我感觉她问路问错人了。
This Daniel seems like a bit of a numpty – an idiot.Strange… I thought it was down here.
这个丹尼尔看起来有点儿白痴——傻傻的。奇怪了……我以为学校就在这边。
Maybe it was right at the junction?Yep, he's a muppet. A total idiot.
那是不是应该在刚才那个路口右转?是了,他就是个笨蛋,十足的蠢人。
Oh dear. Maybe we should ask that policeman over there?
哎,我们是不是应该去问问那边那个警察?
No, no, we'll be fine. Err… taxi! Taxi!
不不不,不用,我们没问题的。额……出租车!出租车!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
heading ['hediŋ]

想一想再看

n. 标题,题目,航向
动词head的现在分词

 
junction ['dʒʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 联接,会合处,交叉点

联想记忆
err [ə:]

想一想再看

v. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • Roommate 室友 2017-10-18
  • Fresher's Week 迎新周 2017-10-19
  • Registration 注册 2017-10-20
  • Lectures Begin 开始上课 2017-10-22
  • The Seminar 研讨会 2017-10-23
  • 下一篇:Roommate 室友
    发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。