手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

因焦虑而被忽视的13件事

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

About 40 million adults aged 18 and older suffer from anxiety in the US,

美国约有四千万18岁及以上成年人患有焦虑症,
making it the most common mental disorder in the region.
这使得焦虑症称为该地区最常见的精神疾病。
It develops from a complex set of factors that include genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
焦虑症从一系列复杂因素发展而成,其中包括基因、脑化学、性格和生活事件。
It’s more than just feeling nervous to speak at a public event.
焦虑症并不仅仅是在公众面前讲话的紧张。
It’s a mental disorder characterized by excessive worry or fear strong enough to interfere with daily life.
焦虑症是一种精神疾病,其特征是因过度担心或强烈的恐惧而妨碍了日常生活。
With that, many don't realize things a person does because of their anxiety.
许多人都没有注意到那些因焦虑而做出事情。
This is a list of 13 of those things.
以下是其中的13件事。
Number 1: You disappear without notice.
1. 你会悄无声息的走开。
Anxiety can hit you anywhere, whether it's at the grocery store, a party or at work.
焦虑感会在任何地点来袭,不论是在杂货店、聚会还是在办公室。
You just need 15 minutes alone to recollect yourself.
你只是需要15分钟的独处时间来重整自己。
People who don't understand anxiety may see this as rude or weird, but it's something that you really need.
不了解焦虑症的人可能认为这样的突然离开很蛮横或怪异,但是这却是你非常需要的。
Number 2: You freak out over the time and take someone to respond to your text.
2. 你会崩溃并需要别人回复你的信息。
Anxiety blows a lot of things out of proportion whether you send a text to your mom or that special someone
焦虑将所有事都变得不合情理,不论是发短信给你的母亲或那个特别的人
when they take a while to respond you begin to wonder what you said was a little too weird, too rude or if you're annoying them.
如果他们过了很久才回复你,你就会开始想是不是自己说了什么奇怪的话,是不是自己太莽撞了或是自己惹恼了他们。
Why are they taking forever? Was it something I said?
为什么过这么久都不回复?是不是我说了什么?
Number 3: You over check things.
3. 你总反复检查。
Teachers have always told you to double check your homework before turning it in
老师们总告诉我们要在交作业前再次检查自己的作业
but what if you check it too much, too much at the point of never turning it in.
但是如果你检查太多次了怎么办,在临近交作业前,反复检查无数次。
Your anxiety makes you perfectionist.
你的焦虑让你变成了完美主义者。
Whether it's homework or checking to see if the door is locked you check and recheck things multiple times.
不论是作业还是锁门,你都要重复检查无数次。
Sometimes you know something is perfect but your anxiety won't let you relax unless it's checked one more time… or two.
有时你知道有些东西已经很完美了,但你的焦虑仍不放过你,除非你无数次的再次检查。
Number 4: You don't go to parties.
4. 你不去参加聚会。
It's not that you're antisocial, actually do want to go to the party.
这并不是因为你是反社会者,事实上,你也想去聚会。
Whether it's worrying about the big crowd or the loud music all you want to do is have a good time like everyone else
不管是担心这一大群人还是吵闹的音乐,你所想做的只是像他人一样享受时间
but you know your anxiety won't let you because of that you skip the party all together.
但是你知道你的焦虑不会让你如愿,因此,你只能不去参加聚会。
Number 5: You let opportunities pass you by.
5. 你让机会与你擦肩而过。
As a perfectionist you often think you're not good enough for opportunities presented to you.
作为一名完美主义者,你经常觉得你还不够好不值得拥有这些机会。
You become afraid of failing and making a fool of yourself
你变得害怕失败害怕出洋相
because of this you convince yourself to not to take the opportunity at all.
因此你说服自己不去抓住机会。
But, before we continue with the list we'd like to think our sponsor "Intention Inspired",
但在我们继续这份名单前,我们想说一下我们赞助商“Intention Inspired”,
this brand is doing really cool challenge called "30 Days of Brave."
该品牌正在发起一个超酷的挑战——“勇敢的三十天”。
If you have anxiety or just need a little encouragement to do something new you've always wanted, this challenge is perfect for you.
如果你患有焦虑症或仅需要挑战新事情的勇气的话,这个挑战非常适合你。

因焦虑而被忽视的13件事

So, how it works is that when you sign up you get an e-mail every morning at 5 a.m. designed to help you achieve your goals.

当你注册后,每天早上五点你都会收到一封邮件旨在帮助你实现自己的目标。
They will include an intention of the day, setting challenges that help you set up your day for success, powerful yet simple exercises,
其中会包含一天的目标、制定能够帮助你成功的时间安排、强大却简单的练习、
inspiring quotes, meditations and affirmations.
鼓舞人心的名言、冥想以及对你的肯定。
And, most importantly you'll be able to connect with a community of like-minded people who just like you
最重要的是你能够和一群志同道合的人交流,
want to stretch their minds and push towards braver action.
他们也像你一样想要拓展自己的想法并勇敢的行动。
Very cool stuff designed for you to exercise that brave muscle and achieve your goals.
这个挑战旨在让你锻炼自己并实现目标。
What could you do in just 30 days for 5 minutes per day?
历时三十天,每天五分钟,你能够做些什么呢?
So if that's something you're interested in make sure you sign up. All right, back to the list.
如果你感兴趣,就去注册吧。好了,让我们回到名单中。
Number 6: Certain dates give you anxiety.
6. 某些日期让你焦虑。
People with anxiety tend to remember the exact date of traumatic events.
患焦虑症的人易于记住创伤事件的确切日期。
When the date arrives those emotions once again surface making it very difficult to get on with your day to day routine.
当日期临近,那些痛苦的情绪再次涌现让你难以继续自己的日常事务。
Number 7: You hold on to your phone too much.
7. 你总是握着自己的手机。
Sometimes it's hard for you to just sit and wait.
有时于你而言坐着等待非常困难。
It makes you uneasy to see people busy with something while you're just sitting there
当看到其他人忙着做事而你坐着的时候,你会感到不安
as a result you need to have your phone or something to fidget with.
因此你需要摆弄你的手机或其他东西。
Number 8: You don't make new friends.
8. 你不交新朋友。
It may seem like you don't want to make new friends
看起来是你不想交新朋友
but you actually worry too much about the kind of impression you're making on people.
但事实上你非常担心自己会给别人留下不好的印象。
Afraid, you convince yourself that making no impression is better than making a bad one.
于是你说服自己不留印象总比留下不好的印象强。
As a result, you end up keeping to yourself even though you really want to meet new people.
因此你不与他人来往,即使你真的非常想要结识新朋友。
Number 9: You dread going to school/work even though you've done it a million times before.
9. 你害怕去上学/去工作,即使你已经去过无数次了。
Unfortunately anxiety doesn't care about how many times you've done your day to day routine. It hits when it wants to hit.
不幸的是,焦虑并不在乎你去过多少去。焦虑总是想来就来。
Before going to work you may feel your heart raise, have sweaty palms and you feel giddily.
在去上班之前,你可能会觉得心跳加快、掌心流汗、头晕眼花。
Number 10: You're clingy in relationships.
10. 你在一段关系中十分粘人。
You really care about your partner and due to that you may ask too many questions
你非常关心自己的另一半,你会问很多问题
or send too many texts because you want to know how they are.
或发很多短信,因为你想让知道对方怎样了。
This may come off as clingy but your intentions aren't bad. You're just a little over protective because of your anxiety.
这样就显得很黏人但你只是出于好心。因为焦虑,你变得有些过度保护了。
Number 11: You cancel plans.
11. 取消计划。
Making plans is tough because in the moment of making a plan you're confident and ready to take on the world.
制定计划很难,因为在制定计划时,你很有信心并准备征服世界。
When the date finally rolls around anxiety can all of a sudden hit and you have to cancel.
当时间流逝,焦虑会突然造访,你不得不放弃。
Sometimes you even have to cancel the plans you made in the first place.
有时你甚至不得不取消之前的计划。
Number 12: You rehearse what you're going to say before making a phone call.
12. 在打电话之前,你会组织好自己的要说的话并彩排。
You prep and rehearse everything you're going to say before making a phone call
在打电话之前,你准备并彩排所有要说的事,
because you're afraid of making a mistake or forgetting what you had to say.
因为你害怕出错或忘记自己要说什么。
Now this is for phone interviews but it's exhausting when all you want to do is ask customer service a question or talk to a friend.
当你想询问客服或是和朋友聊天都会让你筋疲力竭。
Number 13: When you ask someone to be alone you're not asking them to leave forever.
13. 当你让某人走开独处时,你并不是让他们永远消失。
Sometimes you need a break from people in order to calm yourself down.
有时你需要从人群中抽身,只为了让自己冷静。
When you take that break people who don't understand anxiety tend to think you're either upset with them or that you don't like them.
当你这样休息时,那些不了解焦虑的人会认为你生他们气了或者你不喜欢他们。
It's hard for you to keep friends because of this.
因此,你很难留住朋友。
You do need your alone time but you're not asking to be left alone forever.
你确实需要独处时间,但你并不是让他们永远走开。
That's the end of the video. If you have anxiety we're excited to know your thoughts on the list and if we missed anything.
最后,如果你患焦虑症,我们很很乐意倾听你对这13件事的想法,不知我们是不是遗漏了哪些点。
Leave that in the comments below and hit that 'like' button.
在评论下方留言,点击‘喜欢’按钮。
Don't forget to check out #30 Days of Brave# to help you beat your anxiety. We'll see you guys next time.
不要忘了看看#勇敢三十天#挑战,帮助你战胜焦虑。下期见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
multiple ['mʌltipl]

想一想再看

adj. 许多,多种多样的
n. 倍数,并联

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
stretch [stretʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,张开
adj. 可伸缩的

 
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
interfere [.intə'fiə]

想一想再看

vi. 妨碍,冲突,干涉

 
genetics [dʒi'netiks]

想一想再看

n. 遗传学

联想记忆
confident ['kɔnfidənt]

想一想再看

adj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的
a

联想记忆
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
dread [dred]

想一想再看

n. 恐惧,可怕的人,可怕的事
adj. 可怕

 
encouragement [in'kʌridʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 鼓励

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 关于焦虑你应该知道的11件事 2017-10-14
  • 焦虑症会遗传么 2017-10-17
  • 解密失眠症 2017-10-21
  • 清醒的梦境 2017-10-24
  • 社交恐惧症—不仅仅是害羞而已 2017-10-26
  • 下一篇:解密失眠症
    发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。